5.0 out of 5 stars Ear Candy... Scrath that... EAR STEAK
Published on September 9, 2009 by Christopher Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointed
This CD is not nearly as good as their most recent. I bought it hoping it would be of the same caliber as the last, but I was disappointed. Not as much variety or complexity in their music on this cd. Their newest is truly excellent.
Published 7 months ago by Joseph T. Sowder

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear Candy... Scrath that... EAR STEAK, September 9, 2009
Heavy riffs, bold lyrics, touching ballads... everything down to the cover of the Welcome to the Masquerade is delivered almost flawlessly. The CD starts off with an intro which sets us nicely for the title track, inviting us to to drop our guards and admit, "I'm not o.k.". It's one of the best TFK songs recorded to date. Continuing the TFK tradition of writing fist pumping, "rawk" songs, Fire it Up gives us another anthem to be heard in sports arenas. It delivers awesome riffs and a very catchy chorus that is guaranteed to stick in your head. Bring Me To Life was offered as a sampler from Taco Bell's feed the beat, which TFK was one of the three winners. It is an epic in every sense of the word. With a simple (and often overused) theme, it offers some of TFK's best lyrics, and is one of the best songs in the TFK library. E for Extinction misleads you to thinking it's the albums first ballad starting off with atmospheric vocals and airy guitars, but some heavier guitars lead into a screaming bridge, and a catchy chorus which reminds me of Quicken from Phenomenon in which Trevor screams the first couple words of each sentence along with his singing for a very anthemic song. Watching Over Me is the albums first ballad. It offers a nice reminder of God's presence without sounding cliche and it ends with a soft orchestra. The Part That Hurts the Most immediately gets things moving again and introduces a small dose of synths to compliment some of the guitar work. Scream offers some honest lyrics of when you feel that you're "at the end of the rope" with some piano is thrown in for good measure. Look Away sounds like something that would fit nicely with Trevor and Steve's side project FM Static, especially their newest album Dear Diary. It's a nice acoustic driven track with a bit of piano and a really nice string arrangement for a more epic ballad sound. Forward Motion is TFK's first true pop song and they pull it off very well. Outta Control is another heavy riffage song, and although less memorable than all of the other songs, it's still a great song. Smack Down is TFK's attempt to get some more exposure to sports fans. The song is a cross between Queen's We Will Rock You and some of TFK's earlier work. Already Home has a nice orchestrated opening and serves as a great ending to an epic album. With 8 rock songs, 1 pop song, and 3 ballads the CD is very balanced and all of the songs have "hit" written all over them. 4.5/5 Stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars TFK does it again..., September 8, 2009
M. Hodges (Murfreesboro, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Welcome To The Masquerade (MP3 Music)
I love how this band really knows who they are as musicians and delivers to their fans every time. As to be expected from this group this album brings alot of rock with very powerful lyrics that will raise your blood pressure and put a smile on your face. Songs such as; Welcome to Masquerade, Bring Me to Life, Fire it Up, Outta Control, deliver on a heavier level. However, this album really does have a little something for everyone, example "Look Away" is a great song that is very capable of tugging on your heart strings. Basically this cd will not dissapoint. Whether you a returning fan like myself, or have no idea who Thousand Foot Krutch is, "Welcome to the Masquerade" is a must have in your collection and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest Christian Rock album - EVER!, September 26, 2009
I'm 30 years old, and I LOVE this album! The songs are hard-core rock (I was head-banging!), with moments of sincere break-down, without being fake or flimsy. The CD itself is wrought with intense emotion. The CD itself is a journey from beginning to end. It would make a great gift for any late teen/early twenty's kid who is going through the natural melancholy/rebellious/insecure time or anyone that's searching for truth and something real. TFK is an AWESOME band, and I loved this album even more than all their previous (which is hard to do). I NEVER SKIP A SONG - I just keep the album on repeat! This album belongs in mainstream & kids wouldn't even realize the difference; the rifts, the beats, the chords, the relate-ability - it would all fit mainstream. The difference would be the message is real - with a Christian view, and subtle uplifting and hopeful messages that would lead them to Christ as the answer vs anything worldly.

5.0 out of 5 stars a party you'll never want to leave, September 18, 2009
As you witness the intro to TFK's new cd "Welcome to the Masquerade". It sets you up for the title track which does just that and brings you straight into the rest of the cd. Which i must say is so much worth the wait that you can't help but love the rest of it. Next, it's followed by the energetic, intensity filled "Fire It Up" once this song is done. You'll be feeling just like the song describes. "Bring Me To Life" follows that and has a rock feel along with the rapid fire delivery vocals/rap that TFK are known for. "E for Extinction" comes next and it has awesome live song written all over it. It's in your face and has nice vocals on the track that will have you singing right along. "Watching Over Me" is a ballad that you could probably hear on the radio which isn't a bad thing. As the song us "an angel watching over me". It would fit right in at just about any radio station.

Next comes "The Part That Hurts The Most (Is Me)" as the song title says it's referring to the hurt and pain that sticks more than anything is the self-inflicted kind. Once again the vocals, lyrics and the band as a whole really come together on this track. It sounds redundant but it's not really "Welcome To The Masquerade" is one of the better cds that i've bought this year. "Scream" is just what you want to do when things are at their breaking point and you can't think of anything to do. It's saying its cool to let your emotions go and let it all out. Another that i love on the cd. "Look Away" is another ballad by TFK, i like this one it isn't too dramatic or anything. It's just an introspective song that you will enjoy (maybe a listen or two) but i like it. "Forward Motion" comes next. It has the same title as another band that i like Relient K. But it has a different feel to it, this one could be a ballad as well. It has a rocking beat to it and vocals that flow along with it. Gives the song one heck of a ride and its saying to keep your life moving in forward motion.

Following "Forward Motion" we come to "Outta Control". Which starts off with loads of energy and the lyrics are centerpiece. The rest of the songs is on point and just further solidifies this excellent cd. "Smackdown" is something of a rap/rock hybrid with a slow chugging beat that you might mistake for the title song to the "wrestling smackdown". Which would be appropriate because the song does just that. It lays the Smackdown on your senses and keeps you energized througout.

Last but not least we have "Already Home" another ballad by Thousand Foot Krutch. Its a great song that again could find a place on just about any radio station. It is a really good closer with lyrics and vocals that will have you singing along to the song before you even realize it.

In closing "Welcome to the Masquerade" is an album primed and full of tracks for not only fans of TFK but those on the fence about the group. Listen to this and you will know what everyone is raving up. Easily one of the top 10 albums that i've purchased in 2009 so far.

5/5 with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about their best yet!, December 28, 2009
OK, most of the reviews here are comparing this album to TFK's earlier release (and possibly best) Phenomenon. Does this CD compare? ABSOLUTELY! In fact Masquerade seems to be a 180 degree turn from TFK's last two albums and returns the band to their grittier, edgier roots (Set it off notwithstanding). Others compare this album to Skillet's Awake, I find very little to compare here. Awake is a complete regurgitation of Comatose while Masquerade finds TFK embracing and revitalizing the style and sound that made the group stand out. This album is absolutely ideal for working out or those days when you are feeling particularly aggressive on the road (but watch it as songs like "fire it up" and "Smackdown" may induce involuntary speeding,lol). The slower songs on the album serve to regulate the aggressive flow of the album and they are thoughtful and enjoyable. Overall Masquerade is a FANTASTIC CD that deserves way more attention than it is getting. Pick it up and crank it up, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD since Phenomenon!!!, September 11, 2009
I cannot believe how good this CD is. I just bought this and recently bought the new Skillet CD. Let me tell you this CD blows the Skillet CD out of the water. The songs on this album are amazing. There are lot of hard songs and the slower songs (Look Away, Forward Motion, and Already Home) are awesome songs too.

5.0 out of 5 stars TFK Raises the bar once again!, December 1, 2009
This is an AMAZING album!!! From harder rock hits, like "Fire it Up" to ballads like "Watching Over Me", you will NOT regret buying this album. I can personally tell you this is one of the best albums I have ever heard! No wonder "Fire it up" was used in a G.I. Joe TV spot! If your on the fence, get off. Buy this spectacular album.

5.0 out of 5 stars TFK....YOU SPOIL YOUR FANS AND WE LOVE YOU FOR IT!!!, September 24, 2009
I started listening to Thousand Foot Krutch with the "Phenomenon" album. I didn't like it at first. I thought it was too much like Our Lady Peace. Then I listened, and listened, and listened, and now I can't stop!! TFK is one of the best bands I have heard, and their live show is one of the clearest and cleanest I have seen, and I have seen many! This album was much anticipated, and after "Flame in all of Us" they had to try and out do that album. In my mind, I thought they had plateaued. I am happy to say, I WAS WRONG. This band is just getting warmed up. "Welcome to the Masquerade" is one of the best rock songs ever done. "Fire it Up" just makes me want to head bang, and the rest of the album is simply AMAZING! If you are thinking of buying this album, stop thinking, click ADD TO CART, and GET IT NOW!! I can't wait to hear these songs LIVE!! Come to Kalamazoo, MI guys!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME ALBUM - WORTH EVERY CENT!, September 22, 2009
mrbillzfan (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Welcome To The Masquerade (MP3 Music)
This has to be their best work to date. Every track is worth listening to. You can tell the band put a lot of thought and hard work into creating every track on this album. I must say that "Fire it Up" is my favorite single of this album...Definately pick this up if you're a fan of Thousand Foot Krutch. A Great follow up to The Flame in All of Us!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christ Focused Rock, April 1, 2010
Thousand Foot Krutch further differentiates themselves from many of the mainstream Christian so-called rock bands with this album. This albums moved them further from the whiney boy-band norm that has become the norm. The album starts out hard and stays hard through track 8, taking a break on song number 9, Scream, for rockish ballad. As a rock loving Christian, nearly every song works to give me my rock fix.

The only thing I could "complain" about - if you can complain about a 4 star rating - is that many of the songs sound too similar. Sitting through the whole disc, I found it easy to lose track of what song I was on. A very minor nit-picking. TFK rocks this album. Highly recommended.

Welcome To The Masquerade