Welcome to the S is for Silence forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2005 7:24:57 AM PST
Be the first to start a discussion below! Ask questions, share insights, and express your views on your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2006 12:08:50 PM PST
A. Lake says:
The Kinsey character was one of a kind but not for long! S is for Silence is extremely disappointing. The plot was weak and the Kinsey character is becoming drab. Where's her wit and hilarious one-liners? She has become passive and dull and her adventures mild and predictable. Sue Grafton is changing the character's personality, lifestyle and adventures. Has anyone else noticed that all of Kinsey's misadventures are slowly disconnecting from the best parts of the series? Where are the regular day in and day out characters Henry, Rosie and her recently discovered cousins? What's going on here? I'm applauding Janet Evanovich for staying true and blue to what the readers love...consistent entertainment.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2008 3:42:18 PM PDT
I liked this entry in the series but I do think that the motive was not clear and it felt like Padgett was a last minute winner of the "who is the killer" contest ! I also wanted Kathy to get a bigger come uppance than just to lose some of her cushy lifestyle - she was a pain at 14 and a greater pain apparently as time went on !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2005
Latest post:  May 4, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
S is for Silence (Kinsey Millhone Mysteries)
S is for Silence (Kinsey Millhone Mysteries) by Sue Grafton (Mass Market Paperback - November 28, 2006)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (347)