Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 8, 2014
The album title aptly describes this album as practically everything is new about this album. The very popular (and to some controversial) song Shake is on here. But that's only the beginning. Gotta let it Go, New Lease on Life, greater...flawless, okay every song basically, is a gem. New Release Tuesday nailed it on the head when they said this isn't one step forward...it's like 12 and then a giant leap. I almost hear tinges of third day, lincoln brewster and rhett walker on here. After a somber and somewhat more serious minded album with The Hurt and the Healer, this album just is more of a celebration of who we are in Christ. Lyrically, this is one of their strongest to date...except shake...maybe a little too generic there, but overall if you like a group that just loves Jesus and occasionally rocks, this is a good choice. At recently turning 41 years old, Bart Millard has certainly been with these guys for a while and if they keep crankin' out songs like you find here, I think Mercyme will continue to be a force to be reckoned with for years yet to come.
on April 13, 2014
I have always appreciated what MercyMe brings to the table of Christian Contemporary music. I often find the genre boring and uninspiring, but MercyMe pushes the envelope enough to sound fresh and interesting. Welcome To The New continues in this same fashion and arguably their strongest effort since Coming Up To Breathe in 2006.

The theme of the album revolves around how God transforms us and makes us new. For the most part the lyrics are what we have come to expect from MercyMe: powerful and truthful messages of God's love. Musically, this is definitely a CCM album, but there are elements of R&B, gospel, country, folk pop, and jazz scattered throughout the album that make this rise above the often formulaic Adult Contemporary sound. My personal favorite is the Greater which starts off with a soft gospel chorus, then shifts to country, then folk-pop, and then has an Asian harp in the chorus. It has a great beat, a groovy baseline, and simple but powerful lyrics.

The band clearly had fun putting this album together and also poured their hearts into it. Bart Millard's voice is crisp, smooth, and powerful as always and it's great to hear the band playing more dynamic and eclectic music while still keeping their message intact.
on April 13, 2014
This new album by MercyMe is a very upbeat look at how life changes when one accepts Jesus as savior and stops trying to get to heaven on one's own merit. Songs are infectious and inspiring. Somehow this album is both everything you'd expect from the band yet surprisingly different than previous releases.
on April 8, 2014
I have long been a fan, but this is my favorite album by far. Turn this on and turn it up! For our after dinner family cleanup dance party, Shake has taken us to new levels--I've never felt more like we were moving--and living--to the glory of God (says a former heathen). Seriously, it's an outstanding album. Thank you, guys--you rock!
on April 10, 2014
Mercy Me delivers fabulous music again with inspiring upbeat, toe tapping tunes and lyrics that edify your walk with the Lord. They are always keeping it real. It's a great joy to listen to their music.
on April 13, 2014
I really like MercyMe, but after their last album I felt they needed something strong to pull them back up. Boy did they do their work! This CD isn't Mr. Lovewell, but it is definitely a pick me up. The songs are energetic, upbeat, and have awesome lyrics, an album chopped with thought provoking material. If you're a MercyMe fan this is an absolute pick me up.
on April 21, 2014
As always, the music is top notch but I especially love the message this album shares! Thank you to MercyMe.
on June 28, 2014
I was hoping for another reverent, worshipful album like their previously recorded 'Undone' but they definitely adventured into a new style and was less overt in it's Christianity. I hoped for better but I will grow to like it, it will just take time to get used to it.
on April 15, 2014
This is a wonderful album for fresh starts. It just overflows with God's love and forgiveness, letting you know that you ARE worth Jesus' life, and that he didn't give it for nothing. Whether you are beginning again after a personal, financial, emotional, or physical loss, there is a lot of great music to get you back on your feet.

There are plenty of upbeat, make you want to dance songs on this album, 'Shake' is fantastic and really burns the energy out of my kids. 'Gotta Let it Go' is another fun song reminding you that 'you were made for something more'. 'Burn Baby Burn' is fast paced and helps with the hurdles of our old selves and letting go of the past.

'Greater' shows God's redemptive spirit, and how this world doesn't compare to the next, and has a fun bluesy feel. 'Finish What He Started' is probably my personal favorite on this album, the lyrics 'Remember you're forgiven, so there's no reason to give in to the lie, that you're disqualified' paired with a powerful track, really let God's mercy show through. 'Dear Younger Me' is that letter we all wish we could write to ourselves, and even our children in hopes that they don't repeat our mistakes.

I know that my entire family is REALLY enjoying this album, and we look forward to adding to our extensive MercyMe collection! I would recommend this cd to anyone who is struggling with their past, and trying to move forward, as well as any contemp. Christian fan, you'll be thrilled!
on April 24, 2014
This is an awesome cd. I downloaded it and purchased the cd also. I watched the live stream broadcast and loved it. I wish they would record this cd acoustically also and I would buy it also. Great messages!!!