Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2005 7:30:54 AM PST
Be the first to start a discussion below! Ask questions, share insights, and express your views on your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2007 1:07:40 PM PDT
I realise that this is a very narrow criticism, but it pertains to my area of professional expertise. Surowiecki writes highly critically of medical pathologists but he is citing a paper that cites a third paper out of context and perversely. If Surowiecki is so unsound on something that I know about, I am left wondering how sound he is on everything else. Please see my critique on this point at http://e-immunohistochemistry.info/Surowiecki.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2010 1:32:51 AM PDT
Your general concern is precisely why I put the book down. I found his discussion of the Wilshire 5000 interesting -- and started looking into it to buy it. It seems to get mixed reviews from most of the sites that review it -- The Motley Fool points out that the down side of so many companies in the index is that the expense ratio tends to be high. So while he may not have been wrong, he doesn't seem to be bang on either. At that point other books started calling....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2005
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions