Welcome to the N-H-K 1 Season 2006
Amazon Instant Video
1. Welcome to the Project! Satou Tatsuhiro's reclusive origins are explained - his anxieties lead him to believe that he is a victim of a conspiracy known as the NHK. When he meets a mysterious girl named Misaki Nakahara, she claims to be able to cure his hermitlike ways.
2. Welcome to the Creator! Misaki tries to convince Tatsuhiro to sign a contract with her, whereby he will be obligated to listen to her as she tries to ease him out of his reclusive lifestyle. Later, Tatsuhiro discovers that his neighbor is actually his high school friend, Kaoru…
3. Welcome to the Beautiful Girls! Kaoru introduces Tatsuhiro to erotic video games, also known as eroge, and Tatsuhiro quickly becomes intrigued. Much to Kaoru's chagrin, Tatsuhiro ends up not doing any work on the game and instead, begins collecting pornographic pictures for "reference…
4. Welcome to the New World! Tatsuhiro, now a full-fledged otaku, is brought to Akihabara by Kaoru in hopes that it will inspire him to work, but he ends up going to maid cafes and spending all their money on otaku merchandise. By chance, Tatsuhiro bumps into his high school senior,…
5. Welcome to the Counseling! Hitomi and Tatsuhiro's pasts are explored briefly. Tatsuhiro finally admits to Misaki that he is a recluse, and signs the contract. They have their first counseling session, and Tatsuhiro embarrasses Misaki with Freudian symbolism.
6. Welcome to the Classroom! Tatsuhiro discovers from Misaki that Kaoru has a cute girlfriend in his media school. Despite his reclusive condition, Tatsuhiro ventures out to Kaoru's school to ascertain the truth. However, while the trip causes him another panic attack, he manages to…
7. Welcome to the Moratorium! Traumatized by his latest panic attack, Tatsuhiro refuses to leave his apartment. Under the guise of a summer flu, he gets Kaoru to buy him his daily necessities. Later, he is surprised by a phone call from his mother who tells him that she would like to…
8. Welcome to China Town! Tatsuhiro desperately attempts to clean his dirty apartment before his mother arrives, and Misaki helps him. The two and Tatsuhiro's mother later have lunch in a Chinese restaurant.
9. Welcome to a Summer Day! Kaoru is crushed when the girl he asks out for a fireworks festival turns him down and meanwhile, Tatsuhiro is tormented by his newfound feelings for Misaki, becoming so disturbed that he can't concentrate on writing a scenario.
10. Welcome to the Dark Side! Tatsuhiro and Kaoru decide that Misaki is being purposefully mysterious and misleading. They stalk her in order to find out her real motives.
11. Welcome to the Conspiracy! Hitomi's feelings of isolation lead her to join a mysterious Internet group, where she makes up stories about being abused by her lover. Meanwhile Tatsuhiro and Kaoru finish making the game for Natsucomi and prepare for the trip. However, a phone call from…
12. Welcome to the "Off" Meeting Tatsuhiro and Hitomi meet up with the other members of the Internet group and head off to a beach island. The dark and grim atmosphere of the group makes Tatsuhiro suspicious of their true intentions.
13. Welcome to Paradise! The offline meeting turns out to be a suicide pact, and Tatsuhiro gets entangled in their scheme. Meanwhile, J?gasaki, Kaoru and Misaki are able to put together what is happening, and rush to save the group.
14. Welcome to Reality! After recovering from the offline meeting, the group ends up getting checked into a hot spring, courtesy of Jogasaki, who also contacts each person's family. Misaki and Tatsuhiro are still on bad terms until they meet for one more meeting. Will it be their…
15. Welcome to the Fantasy! With his allowance having been cut, Tatsuhiro needs to get a job. He decides to join a MMORPG called Ultimate Fantasy to make some cash by selling game items for real money. His obsession with the RPG deters him to not do any work on his eroge scenario and…
16. Welcome to Game Over! Misaki walks in to find a rather disheveled Tatsuhiro in a messy room, and realizes he has relapsed into his old, reclusive ways. Both Kaoru and Misaki attempt to free Tatsuhiro from his obsession.
17. Welcome to Happiness! Tatsuhiro meets up with Megumi Kobayashi, an old high school friend and his class representative. When he divulges to her that he's a recluse, she tells him she knows someone who can help cure his problem. She ends up whisking him off to an old dilapidated…
18. Welcome to No Future! Realizing he has been tricked, Tatsuhiro meets with Kobayashi to call the deal off. Although at first, she seems willing to let him go, she soon manages to distract the rest of the group, eventually selling them another fake product which would allegedly…
19. Welcome to the Blue Bird! The Mouse Road Corporation is found out and the leaders are arrested by the police, so when Megumi doesn't return home for a few days, her brother begins to go hungry.
20. Welcome to Winter Days! Problems with Kaoru's father's health herald his return home to the farm where the family has planned his life through to his death. The game project will need to be sped up, as Kaoru will soon leave Tokyo for good.
21. Welcome to Reset! Tatsuhiro and Kaoru are ecstatic as they review the completed version of the True World eroge they created together. Their enthusiasm is, however, premature as the game's sales turn out to be quite poor. Kaoru departs for his hometown the following day.
22. Welcome to the God! Tatsuhiro and Hitomi spend New Year's Eve together in Tokyo talking about their lives arm in arm, but unknowingly, they have been spotted by Misaki.
23. Welcome to Misaki! Misaki comes up with a strange topic for their next lecture in the park: a quiz about "Famous Last Words", and later, she informs Tatsuhiro that there is to be a graduation exam the day after, regardless of the weather.
24. Welcome to the N.H.K.! Tatsuhiro completes his chase to stop Misaki from committing suicide at the cliff where her mother killed herself years earlier. On the outlook of the cliff, in the snow, Misaki attempts suicide only to be stopped by Tatsuhiro.
|Genres||Drama, Romance, Comedy|
|Director||Erukin Kawabata, Yûsuke Yamamoto|
|Producers||Hidemasa Arai, Makoto Chiba, Shin'ichirô Inoue, Shinichiro Ishikawa, Koji Kajita, John Ledford, John Ledford, Satoshi Matsui, Scott McClennen, Tatsuro Murakami, Tomonori Shibata, Tsuneo Suzuki, Naohisa Yamashita, Takeshi Yasuda|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|