Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 21, 2003
I'm a big fan of Non Sequitur. Wiley Miller's comics are top notch. But I should have checked out the "technical specs" of this book before buying it. There are under 140 pages worth of material here, and the physical size of the book is roughly three inches by three inches. In other words, each page is large enough to handle roughly one panel of one strip. NOT one strip per page, but one *panel* per page.
The material here is, as always, excellent. Mr. Miller has even added a narrative thread to the collection. Alas, I think the narrative thread in this case only serves to highlight how thin the volume is. By providing text to connect the dots between strips, the book encourages the reader to keep turning the page rather than stop and dwell upon each brilliantly illustrated observation. The result? It takes five minutes to read (the entire book!), and it all feels so very, very light. Given that these are Non Sequitur comics we're talking about, that's a bad, bad thing.
I made a mistake. I spent full book price on what turned out to be a pamphlet. If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you spend your hard earned money on *Non Sequitur's Beastly Things* instead.
on February 4, 2014
Yes, it's a tiny book and no I can't understand why some are selling this book by Non Sequitur cartoonist, Wiley, for $50 or more, but if you can find a copy for under $10, buy it.

Why? Well, they say that the best humor has an element of truth in it and these cartoons embody that philosophy wholeheartedly.

Want an example? Here's one of my favorite cartoons in the book:

"What He Heard: Honey ... why don't you put your head in a vise and I'll turn the handle until your skull explodes"

"What She Said: Honey ... why don't we turn off the TV and just talk"

'Nuff said?
on July 31, 2006
This is a good supplemental gift item. It's a pocket-size book of reprints from other collections in the tradition of those little inspirational booklets like "Happiness is a Warm Blanket" from Peanuts. However it has that extra loving touch of Wiley cynicism.

Seems to be the trend to warn people, and admittedly I was surprised when I got it, so here you go -- It looks like a standard newspaper trade paperback as presented on the site unless you "Look Inside" and notice the apparently huge text, so be warned (again).
on May 8, 2003
I love the Non-Sequitur comic strips. I have three book collections and I was looking forward to adding another to my library but I was really disappointed when I opened the box. The quality is fine (you can never go wrong with a Wiley cartoon)- but the quantity is not worth the price. Advice for future purchases - check the technical specs.
on April 8, 2013
With all of the thousands of books published over the years by psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. attempting to demystify the differences between the sexes and relationships, leave it to a cartoonist to sum it all up in a handful of frames without the mind-numbing psycho-babble. Poignant, succinct and hilarious, this book should resonate with most who read it. What's regrettable is the book is out of print and Wiley Miller has many more such cartoons not in this edition. I highly recommend this to all who are able to find the humor in the ceaseless tumult of life and relationships.
on August 6, 2003
Non Sequitur and Pooch Cafe are my favorite strips. This is a SMALL book so don;t be shocked when you get it -- but the content is great.
Wiley, as always, gives great insight - his cartoons are so incredibly funny because they're so very true. Whoever came up with the idea of 'male' and 'female' gave cartoonists endless material to work with.
Wiley's commentary, especially the signature "What she/he heard, what he/she said", is wonderful. I'm sure he's done lots more him/her work than included in this slim volume, and I wish it had been presented here. What's present in the book is worth five stars, but it was only enough to make me want more.
on December 27, 2005
The book is so funny because it is so true! Great illustrations that really add to the humor. This stuff is worth posting on the breakroom wall or on the refrigerator at home. Only complaint - the book is too small and too few pages. Miller's illustrations deserve a larger page, and I would have liked to see more content ... for that price.
on August 23, 2007
This hilarious little booklet contains the funniest Non-sequitur comic strips containing the "What She Said/What He Heard" theme. Unfortunately, it is so cheaply produced on poor quality paper that I wouldn't recommend it as a gift to anyone but a real fan of the genre. What a shame the production values weren't as high as the comic value.
on December 21, 2008
This simple pictoral and thoughtfully written little book is a TREASURE to the power of the unspoken words between men and women! I gave it to my finacee and we sat down and looked at it together and began to hand it back and forth to each other with the chance to finally say things to each other only this little book could begin to articulate about the insane nature of man and woman intimately co-existing in society today. Its was a HILARIOUS and fun and in the end, an exercise in bonding and being closer. GREAT book.