Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Now Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2010 4:43:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 20, 2010 8:26:16 PM PDT]

Posted on May 26, 2010 6:02:47 AM PDT
E. H. Bruno says:
You're off your rocker. I have both the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles and I bought Assassin's Creed 2 for PS3 with no regrets. It's exactly the same game, it just came down to my preference for the DualShock style controller (it's just a preference... I've been using this controller since the 90's, I'm still not as comfortable with the 360 control pad). I just simply can't believe that anyone would think this game is so inferior on the PS3 that they would buy a second console just to play a different version of it. If you were not playing the two games side by side, you'd never know that the two versions were not absolutely identical. Most analyses that I have read of the two versions say that the only differences are perhaps an extra second or two in the PS3 version's loading times, and a couple extra torn frames. Most don't even mention the framerate being different. These differences are very minor and would not even be noticeable if you were to play one version one day and the other version the next day. Like I said, buying a whole new console so you can play the other version of this particular game is totally irrational.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2010 4:47:15 PM PDT
Mikal says:
I completed Assassins Creed 2 on the PS3 and had no issues with frame drops. It ran smoothly without any issues and it was beautiful. I also own a Xbox 360 so I can play exclusive titles like Alan Wake, Mass Effect, and Gears of War. Your decision to buy a console should be based on the type of games and exclusives released not on a multi platform title that usually has only minor differences or some framerate issues.

Posted on May 27, 2010 2:10:28 PM PDT
Andy Drew says:
the frame rate does keep up more on the xbox, but im not a fanboy!!!! i have both systems and i luv them both, but i always game on the ps3

Posted on May 28, 2010 8:57:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 28, 2010 12:19:46 PM PDT]

Posted on May 31, 2010 9:28:45 PM PDT
M. Valentino says:
dude chill man your talking about frame rates .... wow a little frame rate isnt going to mess up your gaming experience so chill dude the ps3 version isnt going to suck neither will the xbox version either.

Posted on Jun 1, 2010 1:21:01 PM PDT
Sars says:
i platted the one for ps3 no problem. saw my friend play it on the 360 and wow no difference thats amazing. ima buy this one for ps3 to

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 10:24:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 20, 2010 8:26:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 16, 2010 8:18:08 AM PDT
D. Handley says:
im not sure why the fanboys keep going on about how an inferior system that still uses dvd media to play games can even talk about which system is better. Regardless- ac2 was perfect on my ps3 and brotherhood will be the same. already have my copy reserved.

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 8:14:08 PM PDT
mega Tron says:
I just finished AC2 on PS3 and had NO problems at all.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 1:05:46 PM PDT
Jack says:
I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3 and I haven't had any problem at all so far. I love it!

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 8:43:07 AM PDT
Apart from as my review on here mentions a few visual faults, the PS3 version is stable and solid.

Posted on Jul 18, 2010 12:28:13 PM PDT
realgamer says:
dude is totally full of b.s. Never had a ps3 in his life. AC2 was better on the ps3 than 360. (Reviewers Said)
AC Brotherhood Beta is only on PS3. Ubisoft been supporting Playstation before xbox.

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 8:39:18 PM PDT
RhymeBoy.G. says:
I've just erased my posts.
I wish I could erase whole discussion but can't be done.

@realgamer/ your word is total b.s. If you don't own freaking XBOX and never played a AC2 on Xbox, don't even tell AC2 is better on PS3 than Xbox.
I tested myself on both consoles and Xbox version is definitely better on keeping frames steady.

Of course, AC2 is very playable in both consoles. I played all through AC2 and got Platinum trophy.
It was little painful but I got through it.
However, the reason why I purchase a console in the first place was not to worry about the low frame rate and frame drops on PC games.
PC games need high-end graphic cards in order to play full resolution with full options.

I thought, I didn't have to worry about all of that by purchasing PS3, but some of the games are showing low frame rates and frame drops like PC games running in mediocre graphic cards. Little disappointed.

It is just my own standard and maybe not apply to yours, but I want to play games smoothly.
And I believe there are people who may consider this as a big a deal.
Well, I think I have to blame my eyes for it then.

Since UBIsoft demonstrated AC3 with PS3 console in E3, I'm little relieved now.
I think UBI found a way to solve some problems with PS3 version and happy to show the results to consumer.
Maybe not, I don't know..

Anyway, I still prefer PS3 over Xbox. I'm not here to argue which console is better or worse.
I just want developers make a games with same quality for the consumers.

If you want AC3 on PS3, go buy it. It is just one guy opinion.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010 8:03:17 AM PDT
Sars says:
i played it on ps3 got my platemum and had no trouble. i did get stuck one time but who cares about one time out of the 30 hours of gameplay. i saw my friend play in on the xbox he got stuck in same spot. lol it didnt look any different though. its a great game no matter what console u get it for just enjoy it

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2010 1:20:18 PM PDT
Scully says:
i own both systems and ive played AC2 on both systems i havent noticed a drop in the framerate at all maybe theres something wrong with your ps3 do all the games you play on your ps3 have a framerate drop try it on another ps3

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2010 1:41:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2010 1:41:25 PM PDT
JJL says:
Fyi, this isn't AC3, according to Ubisoft. It's just like a "part 2" of AC2; they said they'd do a proper AC3 in a few years, not wanting to spoil the franchise by releasing a new one every year (a la Call of Duty).

Posted on Sep 13, 2010 11:11:48 AM PDT
Brandi Lynch says:
I'm still playing AC2 on my wonderful PS3, and I have no probs at all. (Yeah, yeah, I'm slow! But I've got a job and ten other games! ;)) I also have a Xbox 360, though I much prefer the PS3.

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 12:45:29 PM PDT
P. Aluise says:
everyone is stupid! you can not compare a ps3 BLU RAY DISC to your stupid x box DVDs... half of you probably just need to buy a better hd tv

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 11:58:46 AM PDT
If you're so worried about quality, then why don't you try to support console exclusive games? Seriously, the real killer of games is that developers can't use a console to it's fullest potential if they can only come as far as each consoles' shortcomings. And for someone that has both systems, then that shouldn't be so much of a problem, should it? For everyone else, I'll admit it would suck a bit, but if they cared that much about a game, they'd go and buy another system, wouldn't they?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 3:02:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010 3:04:51 PM PDT
C Zar says:
Ubisoft readily admits the PS3 version of AC2 was "flawed" and inferior to Xbox version.
http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/18/ac-brotherhood-ps3-will-be-the-same-as-360-version-says-ubi-montreal/

Brotherhood should be on par.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 4:20:40 AM PDT
Andy Drew says:
truth is, whenever there is a multiplatform game available, it gets screwed on the ps3, and ac2 was screwed pretty badly. I noticed a pretty big difference in framerate , and it was very annoying on the ps3, but that did not stop me from enjoying the game :)

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 1:18:04 PM PDT
I played both of the games on both of the consoles, and I had NO framrate issues on either consoles. I noticed that the loading times on the XBOX 360 were longer though

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 9:36:30 PM PDT
Brian Pace says:
I have a PS3 but with the hardware I have, there is no doubt that I will get it for PC instead. Even with the DRM.

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 7:27:11 PM PDT
Jaysz_9 says:
did u know dat the ps3 version is getting an extra hour of campaign
in other words more content
research u'll find out dat im telling dat truth
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  May 25, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about