Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wellness Complete Health Small Breed Turkey & Oatmeal Natural Dry Dog Food, 12-Pound Bag
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor Name: Small Breed Turkey & Oatmeal|Size: 12-Pound Bag|Change

on August 9, 2015
I just found mold on my dog food!

My dog has been sick and I took her to the vet. She has been on antibiotics but still not well.

I am taking a sample of this food to the vet. I cant believe Ive been feeding my 1 year old dog food from this bag!
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 29, 2009
I've got a small poodle-mix. I've tried almost every premium food for my dog. With completely grain free foods, I've seen the coat dry out and become dull. Solid Gold produced too much gas. Canidae ALF and grain-free went too stale for her taste in less than two weeks. The other foods I've attempted simply were rejected.

Wellness Small Breed to me is a miracle. She will even eat it without having to load it up with cheese. Her coat is a shiny silver. She's actually grown a healthy undercoat. Like most little dogs with allergies, I've noticed the eye discharge is minimal compared to other foods.

So for any super-finicky small dog parent, I would definitely recommend this kibble.
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2009
I have a three year old yorkipoo who has always been extremely picky about his food. We had some success (by "some success" I mean he'd eat half of what he was supposed to) with the Prarie brand by Natures Variety, but he always had runny eye problems and had trouble keeping weight on. My mother's vet recommended the Wellness brand for her dog to lose weight and suggested I try the small breed formula for my picky dog. I'm so glad I tried it! Since switching my dog to the Wellness small breed formula my dog eats every single piece. I don't have to sit there and encourage him to eat. He willingly eats the whole bowl and cannot wait for his next meal. I'm convinced that I could feed him 5 times a day and he'd still eat every last piece because its just that good. I have never seen him so excited to eat! On top of this his coat is as soft as ever and his watery, running, cloudy eyes are completely clear. He has the same amount of small dog energy but doesn't seem as anxious when I leave (apparently filler in dog foods can cause anxiety in sensitive dogs). I'm amazed at how great this product is working for my little man. Highly recommend for those with picky, small breed dogs.
on June 15, 2011
Ok let me clarify first of all, why I gave it 4/5 instead of 5/5.

If it were to up to me alone, this food is 5/5.
The ONLY reason why I took 1 star off, is because my dogs hate the taste :(
I have a Pomeranian and a Maltese. Both of them would often just sniff the food, and walk away. They will eventually eat it when they are really hungry, but they just look very disinterested in the food overall. I have the same issue with Blue Buffalo.
However, when I alternate them to Orijen, or Taste of the Wild, or Acana, or Fromm, they pretty much gobble them down instantly. (I tend to alternate around different brands and flavors just to make sure they are not deficient in a specific nutrient/mineral).
This *small* problem is NOT universal. I have friends whose dogs love this food, and I have seen dogs that absolutely won't touch Wellness. Every dog has its preferences, so its best to experiment around.

However, I like feeding my dogs WELLNESS most.
Their poop is solid and doesn't stink, and based upon the ingredients list, it seems really good!
No by-products
No corn
No fillers (well except for tomato pomace, which some people consider it as a filler. I personally don't)
Omega 3 and 6 levels are on the higher side (which is a big plus!) compared to other brands/foods!!! ^_^

I have fed about 2 bags so far, and my dogs haven't had any health problems.

Only thing I wish the product can improve, is to maybe include Chicken Fat, instead of using Canola Oil. That will probably make the taste much better for my dogs making them much more interested in it. Canola oil is a cheaper alternative, but its really not a biggie.

This is definitely something I recommend to include in your feeding rotation!

On the sidenote: if you do not want to risk having a 15 pound bag of food that your dog hates, contact Wellness for a sample! They will send a 4oz packet to you, so you can "test" if your dog likes it.
on March 14, 2010
My Shih Tzu's have allergies, they licked and about chewed their paws off. Spent $$$$'s at the vet for pills, shots, etc..I did research and came across Wellness and I am soo happy I did. It is all natural food, no corn, wheat, soy.. No additives.. Small pieces just right for small breeds. I highly recommend it! and so do my babies! They love it!
on April 11, 2016
Let me start off by saying that I have fed my dogs wellness for years. I've always ordered it through Amazon and have no had a problem. Until now. I recently got a new puppy and switched him to wellness puppy. The first bag I bought was from a well-known pet store because I couldn't wait for amazons shipment to come before starting the switch. Everything was fine and he switched without a problem. And then I received my amazon order in the mail. I had just about run out of the pet store bag so I opened the Amazon bag and the kibble is twice the size. I wish I was kidding. There's something seriously wrong with this food. My dog only ate one meal of it yesterday and 1 this morning and he's had terrible diarrhea. My fault I guess. I never should have fed it to him after it looked so different but I had never had a problem with dog food from Amazon before. Now I don't trust Amazon. I don't know what they did to it but it's not the same food I bought at the store.
review image
on September 17, 2010
I can't say enough good things about this food. I have a ½ Pomeranian ½ Yorkie mix. I don't feed Jake human food and his meals are measured according to his size. As he matured into an adult he started to get blocky looking. His stools were loose and he was constantly eating grass and even other animals fecies. After much research on line I determined that though I thought I was giving him good dog food, I in fact was not. I narrowed it down to this as being the food that I was going to switch him to. The difference is like night and day. He now has the shape that he should Broad in the chest and narrow down through his belly and hind end. He no longer eats grass or other fecies. His coat is softer and his eyes do not water near as much.

I highly recommend this food. As an aside, Holistic bought Wellness. Once I finish this bag of food I am going to switch Jake to Holistic, not because Wellness is not excellent but because Holistic is one step above and they now have Small Breed food. It is important if you have a small dog that you feed them food specially for small breeds. The little ones need more protein and fiber because of the energy that they expend.

Switch your dog to this or Holistic and you will not regret it. You will see a change in less than a week.
on May 12, 2011
I have been trying to find a nutritious food for my picky 6 pound, 1 year old, terrier/poodle/mutt and runt of the litter. Went through Puppy Chow, generic puppy chow, and Iams and then I started reading up on dog foods- and boy, did I learn a lot! No more grocery store food unless it is an "emergency" where getting online is not possible or we run out before the shipment arrives. That stuff is pure crap.

We then went through a bag of Orijen, which I think is an excellent food, but not for her. She would eat it with toppings only and rarely ate all of it. Stools were often loose- not to mention the gas.

A tiny dog can only eat about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food per day so he/she needs to eat it all and it needs to be packed with nutrition. Back to the drawing board since the Orijen didn't work!

Next we tried the Wellness Super5Mix Adult Small Breed. She eats every bite and licks the dish and sometimes wants an evening snack of the plain Wellness kibble. She eats it without any topping but I do usually mix in a TBS of wet food (or cottage cheese) which Wellness recommends in order to give the dog a bit of extra fluid. We live in the desert, so that's important. Anyway, she REALLY loves that! She has cleaned her plate twice daily ever since I started her on this wonderful food. The stools are formed and no gas.

It seems to be the perfect food for her- and maybe for other dogs too which is why I am writing this. It is such a relief to see her eating a good nutritious dog food and enjoying it.

I would definitely give it a try if your dog has "pickyness"/appetite/digestion issues, or if you just want to provide 4 star nutrition. It costs more than the grocery store stuff, but a small dog doesn't eat much so I make it fit into my budget. I try to include it in with the occasional larger Amazon order and get free shipping. It may be available in pet stores as well, but I have to go 15-20 miles out of town to find a pet store, so ordering online is easier.

I highly recommend trying this food.
on November 2, 2011
I have two small dogs one weighing almost 20lbs and the other 7lbs. They both like this food. At first I fed it dry but they like it much better in warm water which makes it like gravy. They go crazy over it like that. Sometimes I top it with Wellness can food for a change. I'm pleased because they are pleased. I like the size of the food because it seems that they can chew it easily and and it digests well making their bowl movments healthy.
on March 23, 2016
I have fed my pomeranian mix this food for the past year. The last two months, I purchased it on Amazon instead of our local Petco. The first bag was fine. But the food in this last bag was a little smaller kibble and didn't smell quite the same as previous bags. I figured the company just changed the formula slightly and fed it to my dog anyway. Well, now he's been having allergy issues and his anal glands are becoming inflamed and blocked up. I think it was something in this last bag of food, because I can't think of anything else I've been doing differently with him. I'm stopping this food immediately and going back to our previous brand.