Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2011
To the tune of "What a Wonderful World".... "It has a Dial of Blue, Nice Bezel too......" I was not disappointed when my watch arrived. Great watch and not expensive! Not a large watch and better suited to average size wrists. The blue dial is stunning! Numbers and markers illuminate very bright. Face uncomplicated and easy to read...and did I mention?...a Blue Dial! Amazon shipping: A+ as always.
on June 25, 2013
I have owned several Wenger watches of this general type. They have given good service, generally lasting 5 or so years. My previous one would likely still be running except I apparently damaged it in my effort to change the battery - I suggest going to a jeweler :)

I've had a problem with watches whose cases are made of plated "base metal". My skin will corrode these within a year so my solution has been a solid stainless steel watch. The Wenger's pass the test. I've found the stainless steel to be tough enough to resist major scratching and the mineral glass crystal is very hard - my last had only very minor scratching at end of life.

Adjusting the bracelet is best done by a jeweler as it requires a special tool or high skill and the right punch to remove the pins. My local jeweler didn't even charge me for the service - your mileage may vary.

My first Wenger had two features that the later generations seem to lack: The first was a screw down crown. I don't know if they contribute to water resistance, but it certainly gives that impression. The second was better phosphors for the 'glow in the dark function'. My original would seemingly glow for hours, my last two seem to fade within minutes. Neither of these prevent me from buying new Wengers.

Overall I feel these are a very good value and I would not hesitate to recommend one to a friend.

Steve
on November 17, 2012
The watch was delivered ahead of schedule. The watch does a good job of keeping accurate time. I took the watch to the jewelers to have it adjusted for size. I think it cost me a couple of bucks which was no issue give the fact I purchased the watch at a great price. The only thing I would improve on this watch is the night time illumination. The illumination is very weak and it loses illumination quickly. I did not purchase the watch for nighttime illumination which is why I still rated the watch 4 stars out of 5. If you want or need a watch with good nighttime illumination then I recommend you purchase a different watch.
on September 25, 2014
Simple, elegant, rugged, and it tells perfect time. The dial is easy to read owing to being simple and uncluttered. If you want a functional good looking watch with a locking clasp, this is the ticket. I replaced a similar unit that I purchased in 1999. It kept perfect time with little maintenance beyond a battery change every 3 years or so. I've owned two Rolex GMT Masters and a Hublot. None of them kept time very well and needed $200 to $400 service jobs every 3 to 5 years. This watch is a far more sensible situation unless you just need the admiration of an expensive watch.
on December 6, 2013
I am partial to Wenger watches in terms of quality for price. This one is no exception, my 4th Wenger. The dial is described as blue but it is very dark,
practically black in dim light . Nobody mentioned that on direct light there is an annoying bright radial blue reflection not evident on the rotating video
exsample. Could subtract half a star for it.
on March 25, 2016
I liked the watch till bezel got caught on door and pulled off. I was able to snap it back on but no longer clicked when dial turned. Couple weeks later the band broke so I decided to send it in as it was still under 3 year warranty. I followed directions and sent watch with a return address and $10 for shipping. I got the watch back return to sender because the place I sent it to did not exist. I called customer support and they told me the warranty service center moved to Utah. He gave me the new address. I re-sent the watch and check to new address. Once it arrived I got a call from service center that said none of the work was covered but I could pay $90 the fix the bezel and the wrist band would cost additional amount. I told them to throw the watch in the trash. They wound up shipping it back in same condition I sent it in. I would not buy this brand again.
on July 26, 2016
The first one I bought did not come covered in plastic around the bands or over the dial, I noticed some scratches on the band as well as the watch-case, but wore it anyway. About 2 weeks later, whilst on vacation I noticed the second hand was dismembered from its proper abode, so I sent it back and received a replacement uber fast; it is then I noticed the difference(s) between the replacement I received (the plastic cover, cleaner, no scratches on the box or band). Future buyer, ensure that the watch arrives in proper "new" status; plastic covers, etc.

Wenger makes a great watch, my father hashed his for around 18 years, although I had an issue with mine, I have no doubt that this one will last till Christ comes again.
on December 22, 2013
I have had this watch only two weeks but I am very happy with it. The last similar Wenger watch I owned lasted almost 15 years. It's styling is very clean, simple and classic. It is just the right size for a relatively small wrist without looking oversize. I love the face styling and the fact that I can read the time without my glasses. The blue face, almost but not quite indistinguishable from black, is really sharp. lThe band is very nice and easy to adjust, although most people will want a jeweler to remove or replace links. Keeping very good time so far. I am sure it is water resistant but do not plan to trust it for swimming. I do not like that the date window is very small and I have to squint to read the date. Overall, if it lasts as expected, it will have been a great value for someone who wants a distinctive and reliable watch at a bargain price.
on October 8, 2015
My old Wenger Brigade lasted over 12 years, and took a lot of abuse (impact, water, etc). The new one is a real nice watch...simple, functional and easy to read in low light conditions such as pre-dawn fishing. Adjustment of the watch band requires special tools if you want to remove a link. Take it to a jeweler who uses a screw-type tool to remove the pins in the links, rather than hammering on the pins. Although one jeweler told me these watches are getting harder to find, I did get this one on sale.
on June 1, 2016
I purchased this as a replacement for a previous similar watch from Wenger. Though the watch looks close to the one I replaced, the quality seems to me lower. The band is not near as rugged as my last watch. Hope it lasts the 8 years my previous Wenger did, but I'll be surprised if it does.