Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Wenzel Smartshade Screen House” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 32% off the $219.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Wenzel Smartshade Screen House
|Price:||$174.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$45.00 (20%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Portable and stable temporary shade tent
- Sets up in minutes
- Withstands strong winds
- Made of heavy-duty, water repellent 210 polyester
- Measures 112-Inches x 10-Feet x 10-Feet (H x W x L); weighs 37-Pound
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||112 x 120 x 120 inches|
|Item Display Weight||19.9 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||47.2 pounds|
|Size||10 foot x 10 foot|
Top Customer Reviews
There are a number of defaults in the product.
1) The screen Velcros to the canopy at only two spots. This means that the bugs would crawl up the screen, right up into the canopy and into the area where we sat. It ended up there were probably more bugs inside than outside because it was easier for them to get in but they could not figure out how to leave.
2) once you have the screen room up there was supposed to be a tie strap to anchor the screen room to the frame. As in a typical Chinese product, one end the tie wrap was inside the screen the other was outside the screen. Therefore, you could not tie the screen room to the frame. When it was sewed the tie should have been folded over on itself and been sewn to the inside of the screen therefor both sides of the tie wrap would've been on the inside allowing you to tie it to the frame.
3) the zipper for the door openings seem to be quite inadequate in terms of its size. On one side of the screen the zipper went up to close it on the opposite panel of the screen the zipper went down to close it. Not sure why they didn't sew them to operate in the same directions.
4) there were even elastic straps with little clips on the end of them to hold the screen together in the corners. The stitching on that was poor and in one case just trying to stretch the strap the stitching started to come loose.
It looks to me as if they have a great canopy in terms of the ability to set it up and in terms of its overall quality.Read more ›
The top is so worn and that it looks like I've had it for years and you can even see the sun through it after just 1 year!
I've been unable to find just the replacement top (because they don't sell them), so your stuck with buying a whole new canopy next year. Because of the roof design, you cannot count on spending money on 'another' replacement top in hopes it would fit. The dimensions are not exactly 10x10 (the frame is actually hairs of inches smaller). I don't know why they would not offer a replacement, if I have to buy a whole new canopy I certainly would not buy the same one from the same manufacturer! BUT I would buy just the replacement top since I have vested money in this tent.
My situation is that I have to set this up and take it down, each week during the summer, so I need something 'portable' even though it's not leaving my home and being trotted around to a beach or park. Items 1 and 3 below are the only things I loved about this tent, and the link to the one they no longer sell is below.
1) Smart Shade canopy has patented, easy release buttons that will not pinch fingers and ensure quick and easy assembly.
2) The heady-duty, 210D polyester covering is enhanced with a special UV resistant coating to ensure durability.
3) Our patented, dual stabilizer arms in each corner provide added eave support, along with "Batwings" and guyouts for added stability in windy conditions.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well made, easy-ish to assemble for one person who knows how to read. Love it.Published 3 months ago by LJW
We kept this up permanently for 3 seasons this year on a deck next to the ocean sometimes in very heavy weather. We use it primarily to avoid evening insects while sitting out. Read morePublished 4 months ago by T. Davis
We bought this for camping because we were tired of bugs flying around as we were trying to eat. Shopped around a bit and settled on this one - and we are happy with our purchase. Read morePublished 4 months ago by domend
I had this product a month. It does not withstand wind. It has collapsed 3 times and today if collapsed again and two of the arms broke. Read morePublished 4 months ago by SUSAN ALTMAN
We've only used this once so far at a campsite as a sitting area to keep bugs off us. It worked GREAT. Was easy to put up and easy to take down and re-pack. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jennifer
makes for a great adult starter fort -- doesn't make for a great tree house.Published 5 months ago by Petronilo Ibadlit
Came in handy this past weekend camping...we were able to sit outside in the rain and enjoy our time with friends!!Published 5 months ago by Jodi L. Kowalski