Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Format: DVD|Change

on October 4, 2013
For the past 3 years I've been dealing with all of the stages of grief that come from losing my wife to breast cancer. So, going into this movie I was not skeptical--I had FORGOTTEN how to laugh.
The first time I watched it I laughed so hard at some points I cried and almost peed my pants.
I had to watch it a second time one week later to hear the parts I missed because I was laughing SO hard...and I still laughed! Know I'm sayin? lol
Some say this is dumb comedy but I disagree! I HATE dumb.
There is some very clever dialogue in this movie and you really need to be intelligent to appreciate it!
There are very few movies that I will actually buy--but this is one of them. In my book this will always be entertaining to watch!
I am buying this one!
99 comments|223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2013
"He's actually really cool, he's a drug dealer." David Clark (Sudeikis) is a drug dealer who is great at his job. One night while trying to do the right thing he loses all he has. When his boss finds out he gives him a way to pay him back. All he has to do is move a "smidge" of pot across the Mexican border. Thinking that no one will stop a family in an RV he recruits a stripper, a homeless girl and a clueless boy and off they go. But it doesn't go as smooth as he expected. Comedies are the hardest to market I think. The goal of a trailer is to put enough in to make you want to see it but not give too much away. Most comedies fall into the trap of putting all the funny parts in the trailer and when you see the movie you are disappointed. While I would say that 80% of the trailers gives away all the funny parts the movie is still hilarious and very much worth seeing. Sudeikis is funny as always and Aniston is great in her role but the kid that plays Kenny really steals the movie and he is worth the price alone. There are some comedies that are funny the first time you see them then start to lose something with repeated watching. Some exceptions to me are Anchoman & Wedding Crashers. Those are funny every time I see them. While I don't think this is in the same class as those I still think it will be a long time before the humor is lost with repeated watching. Overall, very funny and very much worth seeing a few times at least. I give it a B+.
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 6, 2013
Here's a great idea: Create a fake family to smuggle a large amount of pot from Mexico in their family RV. No one would suspect THEM! And these poor simpletons end up with enough marijuana in their vehicle to kill Willie Nelson.

This is one of the funniest (and most profanely vulgar) movies I have seen in a long time. Yes, it's predictable but we were surprised and delighted at every twist and turn along the way. Director Rawson Marshall Thurber ("Dodgeball") made each actor genuinely attractive. I have never found Sudeikis or Aniston so appealing, while Roberts impressed me with her comic timing, and Poulter is in a league of his own.

Here are the amateurs (and the professionals):
* Jason Sudeikis ("Horrible Bosses") is an amateur smuggler; in real life he's a low-end pot dealer, a holdover from his college days.
* Jennifer Aniston ("Wanderlust") is an amateur smuggler; in real life she's a professional stripper. The choreography for her dance is clever.
* Emma Roberts ("Hotel for Dogs") is an amateur smuggler; in real life she's a street kid who robs newspaper vending machines.
* Will Poulter ("Son of Rambow") is an amateur smuggler, in real life he's a dorky student whose mom left for groceries ...last Tuesday. (This actor is British!)
* Ed Helms ("The Hangover") is a professional drug kingpin who isn't above a "smidge" of lying and cheating. He's so rich he bought an orca, just because he could.
* Nick Offerman (Lots of TV) is a vacationer in a huge RV just like the one our "family" uses.
* Kathryn Hahn (Lots of TV) is his wife.
* Luis Guzmán ("The Count of Monte Cristo") is a federale who is just looking for a bribe...sorta...

This silly (but funny) set-up has some deplorable moments with blink-and-you'll-miss-it male nudity, crass humor, lots of profanity, two or three gunshots, no blowie uppie stuff, and a laugh a minute. Oh...and a tarantula!

I've signed up to be notified by Amazon when this is available on DVD.
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
If you happen to be one of the people that have yet to take notice of Jason Sudeikis, it's about high time that you did. Since joining Saturday Night Live in 2005 (of which he recently departed), he has impersonated a ridiculously long list of celebrities and been a part of countless memorable SNL skits. Sudeikis also has taken his comedy to the big screen, starring in a handful of popular comedies, including Hall Pass, Horrible Bosses, and A Good Old Fashioned Orgy. He is certainly a rising star in Hollywood and will continue on with his humorous antics in featured films, most recently of which happens to reunite him with his former Horrible Bosses and The Bounty Hunter cast mate, Jennifer Aniston. Easily recognizable for her role on the popular television comedy, Friends, Aniston has had a series of lackluster film roles. Together, Sudeikis and Aniston may have found the formula for success in the outlandish new comedy, We're the Millers.

Directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber (Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story), We're the Millers stars Jason Sudikis as David Clark, a small time drug dealer that is forced to travel to Mexico by his boss, Brad Gurdlinger (Ed Helms), to smuggle a "smidge" of marijuana back across the Mexican border into the United States. In order to present himself as a family man and not draw attention to himself, David enlists the help of a stripper, Sarah (Jennifer Aniston), a teenager from his building, Kenny (Will Poulter), and a teenage runaway, Casey (Emma Roberts), to pose as his family. However, David eventually realizes his boss is playing him, which forces the Miller "family" on the run from an angry drug dealer from whom they stole a massive amount of drugs. Nick Offerman, Kathryn Hahn, and Tomer Sisley also star in supporting roles.

This film is definitely Jason Sudeikis' best effort and funniest featured role to date. More often than not, his sarcastic humor and abusive language are amusing, providing plenty of hilarious encounters with virtually everyone he talks to in the film. Sudeikis carries this film on his back and sprints across the finish line, and while he deserves a great deal of the credit, the supporting cast is also well-rounded, bringing plenty to the table themselves. In the beginning, the film is a bit slow-going - but once Will Poulter, Emma Roberts, and Jennifer Aniston enter the fray, the film is off and running. From the very first scene in which this "family" is united, the laughs flow constantly, beginning with an airplane scene that will make you blush, have you laughing at the top of your lungs, and leave you begging for air - and that's just within the first 20 minutes. Other memorable scenes include Will Poulter's interaction with a venomous spider, Poulter's make-out scene with both Jennifer Aniston and Emma Roberts, and also Jennifer Aniston's heavily advertised stripping scene. While the stripping scene is roughly the same exact scene that's shown in film's movie trailer, the big deal about it is that this particular scene was used to attract movie-goers (mostly young men) to the film - and odds are it's going to work pretty well.

True enough, We're the Millers is extremely hilarious - but unlike a few recent comedies, like This Is The End or The Heat, We're the Millers lacks a sensible plot. The storyline of the film basically follows a Dumb & Dumber style "road trip across American" plot, which makes for some good humor, but bad for anyone looking for thematic, meaningful substance. This is probably the nicest way of saying the story is stupid, and portrays situations based on the premise of sex, drugs, and complete nonsense. However, the lack of plot substance is hardly noticeable if you're amused by the style of humor, which was written by Bob Fisher and Steve Faber - both known for scripting Wedding Crashers. Like the nicely written interactions between Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, the Miller "family" is not as good, but still written with just enough chemistry to be believable (as a family) and ridiculous at the same time.

We're the Millers is one of the rare occasions when you should absolutely feel free to ignore most critics and just go with your gut if you think you might be interested in seeing the film. The majority of critics can look down upon this film all they want and trash it until they're blue in the face. But, if you happen to see this film with a large a crowd, take notice of nearly every single person up and down the aisles crying from laughter. It's definitely a sign these disconnected hags have a stick up their "you know what" and need to lighten up. Still, this isn't the first time an absolutely hilarious comedy is vilified by critics and it certainly won't be the last.

Overall, We're the Millers is easily the funniest movie of the year, but it's not the best comedy of the year. Laughs don't always translate to high marks, since there has to be some plot substance - which this film lacks. Regardless, this film is still worth your time if you want some good laughs. Obviously, like many other R-rated comedies out there, if you're offended by explicit sexual humor or if you can't handle hearing the F-bomb a hundred times in one sitting, you'll positively hate this movie and everything for which it stands. On the other hand, if you're pretty laid back and can handle the sexually explicit derogatory remarks and are in need of a good comedy, then you are in for the time of your life.

GRADE: B
FNDNreview.com
on July 30, 2015
This movie started a tiny bleh, but rather quickly in we started getting funny moments. The movie was very funny in general, I could have gone without seeing swollen male genitalia, but it was a funny moment in the movie. Just be aware it happens so if munchkins are around you might have them leave the room. The characters were great, though the drug boss irritated the heck out of me. I thought it progressed well, and ended at a good point. There was enough potty humor, without being dumb funny in my opinion. All in all it was a good movie and I would watch it again.
on June 22, 2014
I was surprised to enjoy this movie. It ended up being funnier than I thought it would be. Naturally there are crude, silly things in it, but I did like the movie. Maybe it benefited from my low expectations?
on April 19, 2014
I did watch the whole movie but really struggled to watch it to the end. Kind of amusing but fairly boring is how I saw it. I don't think Jennifer Aniston is a very good actress. She seems the same in every movie.
on September 17, 2014
This is one of those movies that comes in Director cut and Theatrical version. Usually I am one of those people that wants to watch the longer director version but in the case of Millers here the theatrical version is the better one. The jokes end when they are funny, some of the fluff that is cut out really was fluff and you don't miss it. The characters are good if not by the end a bit lovable and you are kind of rooting for them in the end, pretty much basic rom-com fair, though if you like that, as I do, then it works out in the end.
I am not a big fan of Ultraviolet but that is why I buy the physical disk, I want my movies with or without the internet being a requirement.
on August 24, 2015
Funny movie. I didn't know the full backdrop for the plot when we started watching the movie. Talk about a great story. There were plenty of laugh-out-loud moments in the one. And I was very pleasantly surprised that Jennifer Aniston does seem to have real comedy chops. Not great, but more credit than I gave her for her time on friends.
on October 24, 2015
Not too often are there good funny comedies worth watching more than once,but here's one. Sometimes over the top but generally on track with storyline and lots of laughs along the way. Well cast and entertaining,worth the rental price. Thanks.