Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Werewolves and Lollipops (LP with DVD)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

I am a Patton fan and I was expecting to be amused. However, I got more laugh-out-loud moments from this CD than I have from any recent comedy CD. There isn't a bad routine. For me, the gems are "Death Bed" and "Physics for Poets". However, I can say I honestly laughed with every track.

I like the inclusion of the DVD as it allows you to watch the genesis of the material. Patton is a distinct physical presence and that adds to the humor.

My husband rarely finds any stand-up comedy funny. However, as I was playing the CD I saw tears of laughter streaming down his face durng "Physics for Poets". It's that good.
on July 20, 2007
If you're a fan of Patton, this material is just as strong and cutting as "feelin' kinda patton." What's great about this release is that there is also a DVD that has a set from Atlanta's 40-watt along with some other footage of Patton just riffing on different topics.

His takes on different political and social issues is fresh and witty. He's brutally honest and insightful and he's evolved into one of the premier stand-up acts working today. There's always a sense of humanity in his act and that's what makes Patton's appeal so broad. He might be saying something that is mostly cynical but it's always tempered with his kind disposition and witty outlook on life. Beyond all of that, he's an incredible comedy writer and his material on this release is masterfully constructed and his delivery is just as sharp.
on January 1, 2009
I'm usually pretty hard to please when it comes to comedy. Somehow it just takes quite a bit to get more than a smile or chuckle out of me. But this CD had me sputtering with laughter. Patton Oswalt alternates between self-deprecating, sarcastic, and mocking, but never forgets to be funny. I love his timing, delivery, and totally relatable point of view. Ed Wynn once said "A comedian is not a man who says funny things. A comedian is one who says things funny." Patton Oswalt totally embodies this philosophy, eschewing formulaic jokes and cheap laughs in favor of hilarious story-telling.
The included DVD contains a brief intro from Patton, followed by a live performance of the same act from the CD, but at an earlier time. So this gives you a chance to see how some of the jokes evolved before the performance that went onto the CD. The DVD is pretty cool, but the encounter with a heckler on the audio CD is priceless and not to be missed.
Just a note, a few people I recommended this to were turned off by the foul language, but I have to emphasize that Patton Oswalt doesn't rely on four letter words to make his jokes funny. The language is just part of his voice and, I feel, doesn't detract from the performance at all.
on March 7, 2009
Patton's stand up line is always a unique experience that takes the pop-culture of today, and bends it over with his nerd perspective on life and his way on surviving it. Even when a (probobly drunken) heckler opposes his act, he retaliates to make the joke even greater then before, which is the true sign of a comedian that can take any situation and end it with laughs.
on July 31, 2007
To me, Patton Oswalt is the funniest comedian around right now. He can be really goofy one second and be intelligent and political the next, but he's always funny and never comes off as preachy. It seems like some comedians these days are just really cynical and can't laugh at themselves and it makes their stuff hard to listen to. Thankfully, Oswalt avoids that kind of stuff. I'm really not describing his act very well, but that probably doesn't matter too much because I'm guessing you're already familiar with his stuff if you're reading this.

If you liked Patton's earlier stuff then this CD will not let you down. I don't think it's quite as good as Feelin' Kinda Patton, but it's still pretty great. Most of the bits on here are pretty short, which is good because none of them go on longer than they should. Definitely a comedy CD you'll want to listen to a few times (which is pretty rare with comedy albums) and turn friends onto. The DVD is a nice bonus and contains a stand up act with different versions of the jokes on the CD.

My favorite tracks: America Has Spoken, Clean Filth, At Midnight I Will Kill George Lucas with a Shovel, and Death Bed.
on December 29, 2008
This entire album is absolute gold. The routines are tighter and punchier than the also-good "Feelin' Kinda Patton", and you also get to hear Mr. Oswalt dealing with an annoying audience member (bonus!). His humor isn't for everyone, but it's perfect for those that enjoy a little bit of bitterness and oddly specific word choices with their geeky rants.

There were times that I had to pause the album because I was laughing so hard. In fact, I was listening to it in a car with some friends and the driver was cracking up so much that we had to switch back to radio, out of fear his shaking laugher would cause us to swerve into another lane and die a fiery, metallic death.
on April 2, 2010
Patton's humor is SOOOO close to my heart. We're both about the same age and have very similar interests (Star Wars, comic books, sci-fi).

This CD/DVD combo is very interesting because the DVD gives you a preview of the CD in its "rough" form, before all the jokes were polished. Some were not even kept for the CD.

I'd recommend watching the DVD first and then listening to the CD to get a glimpse of how the material was sharpened into its final, side-splitting form.

Many thanks, Patton, for all the gutbucket belly laughs! I hope to see you in concert sometime soon!

Dave S.
on August 24, 2007
I'm a Patton Oswalt fan. I love "Feeling Kinda Patton", his previous release, and I pre-ordered this as soon as I heard about it. It did not disappoint! Hilarious, as usual, and for fans of comedy the included DVD is really cool. It is mostly the same material, but recorder a few months before the CD. It's interesting to see the evolution of some of these jokes, and the different delivery in some cases. Good stuff! If you like Patton, check this out, and if Dane Cook was your entry into the comedy world buy this so you can see what a REAL comedian is.
on July 14, 2007
Patton is just getting better and better. Absurd without being wacky. Smart without being pretentious. Political without being preachy.

This is his best album yet. Buy it.

Immediately.
on October 16, 2008
Patton Oswalt has produced a wonderful comedy album -- I found myself in stitches while listening to this album. The bits are sharp, relevant, and hard hitting. He does a great job in utilizing tone and pitch of his voice so the listener can envision his facial expressions. His bit about Brian Dennahey was one of my favorite.

If you like observation based comedy with a heavy dose of adult humor, then this comedy album is for you!