Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I've got three Werner ladders. I absolutely love this addition. It fits a spot that my 6 foot light weight fiberglass ladder and my 21 foot high-tech multipurpose ladder cannot touch. What makes it so special? There are several features:

* The steps are very broad. I was used to standing on a Polder step ladder and the narrow steps would wear out my feet in no time. I always felt like there was some balancing required while using the ladder. This ladder is a joy. The steps are nearly as deep as my feet - very comfortable. Standing hands free is comfortable and easy.

* I can easily reach my 9 foot ceilings with a lot of stability (I am 66 inches tall).

* The shape of the ladder allows close placement to a wall. If you need access a few feet up the wall, this ladder will put you at the perfect working range. A regular 6 foot ladder keeps me too far away from the wall to work with any precision.

* The tray at the top very roomy. There is a place for paint cans, scrapers and other gadgets. It even comes with a lanyard type rope to lasso many devices and hook them through a special noose on the tray (included).

* The weight capacity is outstanding at 250 pounds.

* The packaging was perfect for shipping. It arrived in perfectly good condition in a plastic bag. No excessive box or packing. If a ladder can't stand that kind handling - I don't want to stand on it!

If there was any drawback, it would be this. This is not a light ladder - in the step ladder kind of way. Lifting it is with two hands - not two fingers.
on October 18, 2009
Bought this for my husband to get rid of the rickety wooden one, and he loves it. Product description says standing platform is 60 inches. It's actually 32 inches, with lower steps ~ 11 inches and 21 inches. Work tray is ~ 48 inches, and ladder folds to 64 inch height. The ladder is steady and sized to give plenty of working room, with a generous 'polyfiber' tray that should make paint drips easy to clean up. Tray has compartments to keep tools from rolling off. This ladder is a good height for typical indoor chores.

Found the best price at Amazon because of the added bonus of free shipping.
on September 22, 2011
I love this ladder! I'm getting older and trying to avoid situations that put my body in danger. My previous ladder was just tall enough to require standing on tiptoe on the top step to reach smoke detectors etc. - always a bit precarious. This ladder gets me high enough to reach ANYTHING in the house, all while standing firmly on a big wide step PLUS a nice hand grip for extra stability. With the folding tray it also gives a nice space to set other things while rearranging stuff on your highest shelves. Even better it folds up incredibly flat - right at 2 1/2 inches for the whole thing when folded so it goes right beside my refrigerator for easy access and is completely unobtrusive there. It is definitely a bit heavy but that's good since it gives a real feeling of stability but not so heavy as to be unmanageable. Best home ladder I have ever had, hands down. I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could.

One tip - the top stair snaps onto a rod when fully opened. This is fine except the plastic is so tight on the rod I had to struggle to get it unsnapped to fold it up again. I took a small knife and just shaved some of the plastic away from the stair bracket that grips the rod - thus ending that struggle. Now it is still quite secure but it pops off the rail easily for folding up - perfect!.
on November 3, 2010
All these years I have used a regular 8 foot step ladder for painting walls, I was missing out. This Werner 273-2 Type 1 project ladder with 3 steps is the way to go. Place to put paint at top and full steps to stand on while painting instead of narrow steps on regular step ladder. I would have given 5 stars but it is very tricky to open and close.
on December 31, 2010
We recently bought a home, and had to do alot to it, including painting, and this proved to be VERY usefull. everyone who used it was impressed by it. It's very sturdy. It is just the right size as well. Bigger than a step stool - but small enough to be kept in the house. it's like a mini ladder. My only complaint is that it is a bit difficult to open and close for me, although my husband doesn't have a problem with it.
All in all really good.
on June 15, 2011
Checked this out at Lowes. I'm a husky guy and Type I 250# rating definitely interests me.
Don't talk to me about getting up on something flimsy.
Have not really seen anything at WalMart or Costco that measures up like this.
This 3 step project ladder is heavy duty and attractive regarding it's features.
That said, I can't see my wife ever using the thing.
It is rather heavy and also I found it very difficult to open and close.
For me it's a minor inconvenience but to her it will sit and collect dust.

Hope this helps you out!

Blessings,
John 20:29

I took a look at it again at Lowe's. What makes it hard to open and close is a plastic clasp on the back underside of the top step. There is a separate metal locking mechanism top right. You press on the paddle and it locks it open. Perhaps if the plastic tabs, that I described initially, were filled a little bit it would make it easier to open and close. Also a few drops of oil or shot of silicone spray at each joint may improve opening and closing. The separate top tray also could use some silicone spray.
on September 27, 2010
came in just a plastic bag but in perfect shape-works great and can get you right next to the wall or working on a ceiling fixture with no trouble at all. The included tool holder works great so you're not dropping your drill and it keeps the tray clear for parts only. I would buy another one but I can only be on one ladder at a time!
on October 18, 2012
My third one. First two went to my daughter and ex-wife. Very sturdy. Some, mostly women, might find it a little heavy. It feels very safe. Recommend it highly.
on December 2, 2014