5.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with MT series
I just bought the MT-22 and was intrigued by the versatility of the Quickclick but it took me a while to confirm that it would not work on the MT series. The website states that people who bought the MT-22 also bought the AC78 which may cause some confusion. I hope this will save someone some grief some day.

Five stars so it would not skew the current rating.
Published on November 11, 2005 by L. Nguyen

3.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory but not to be used on roofs
Published on November 6, 2009 by John P. Gomez

5.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with MT series, November 11, 2005
This review is from: Werner AC78 Quickclick Stabilizer (Tools & Home Improvement)

Five stars so it would not skew the current rating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory but not to be used on roofs, November 6, 2009
I received the product and had it installed on my ladder in minutes. The quickclick is a wonderful design and the construction is light and sturdy. The amazon write-up mentioned that the ladder could be placed on the roof itself. Well, this did not work for me. The attachment goes on the top two rungs of the ladder and the supports are basically perpendicular to the ladder. This is great for a wall but not too good for roofs. I have a steep roof (5/12) but still I couldn't get the angle to land the rubber supports on the roof. The gutter kept getting on the way. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that the attachment has a bulky and sharp support on the second rung which can easily damage your gutter if you are not careful. Good product but I wish the attachment could be angled to be placed on the roof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying my second one., May 15, 2001
By A Customer
I already had one of these and since I'm now getting a whole ladder jack setup along with a second ladder, I definitely wanted one of these to go along with it. I'm sure they wouldn't recommend what I'm about to say for safety reasons, but I would point out that this item can make an aluminum extension ladder a lot more stable on slightly uneven ground. Because of the broad spread, the ladder will twist slightly to make up the difference and it's really solid!
This thing goes on or off in 5 seconds. No way would I ever get one of those bolt on kind. The cam action that holds it to the ladder looked a little iffy when I first saw it, but if you examine it you'll see that it's very well designed and I don't think you'll ever have a problem with it. I haven't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quickclick, January 18, 2003
Mark J. Krenitsky (Butler, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have three extension ladders, and I don't put any of them up without the stabilizer on them. By being able to take it off, it make it easier to move the ladders. I can also use it on any of my ladders. It makes the ladder very stable. The stabilizer fits very well on the ladder.

1.0 out of 5 stars Company Says Can't Be Used on a Roof, June 26, 2012
lg (Seattle, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
The Amazon review advertises that the feet of the stabilizer can be placed on the roof. However, when I tried to do exactly that, the stabilizer was tilted at the wrong angle. I called the Werner company this morning, thinking that I was doing something wrong. I was told by the technical service representative that the stabilizer was not meant to be placed on a rooftop! Who the heck wrote the product description?

This may be a good product--I wouldn't know, because I cannot use it for the application for which I bought it--and for which it was advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity at it's best, August 17, 2004
Absolutely rock solid! Several folks mentioned that your ladder will not be able to adjust to it's shortest length. This thing takes literally about 5 seconds to put on or remove, so if you really need to go that low, it's nothing to worry about. As for resting on the 1/8 inch pin, it is incredibly obvious when this is happening as the rungs on the ladder do not line up. Use it this way, and eventually you'll improve the gene pool. My only gripe: An extra paint hook would be nice to let you hang your bucket on either side of the ladder. This was the best $45 I spent on painting my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the U-bolts, July 24, 2004
The only stabilizer I would ever buy again. The body goes on in 10 seconds, the arms go on or off in 15 seconds - doesn't get any faster, and makes the ladder easy to store or move. The body doesn't interfere with extension or full retraction when mounted properly, and stores with my ladder like it wasn't there. Retracting with the arms in place must be stopped one rung short. The body does not come off without some coaxing, but then it doesn't come off by accident either. I don't consider it routinely removable, only occaisionally. The arm and lock design lets the do-it-yourselfer fabricate longer arms for larger spans if needed. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for extension ladders, October 28, 2010
I've been using ladders forever and I have never used a ladder stabilizer until this one. I had a residing project at my home and the reason I bought it was because I thought it would be handy to be able to hold myself away from the work, so I bought this. I could not believe how much more stable the ladder was when using this product. In years past when I've installed Christmas lights I've always been a little leery when going up 22' to reach the 25' roof peak. That is a feeling of the past. The ladder gets more and more stable the closer you get to the top leaving you with a comfortable feeling at the top of the ladder vs. a clenched up, "Please God, don't let me fall" edge of panic feeling. The device was easy to attach and remove from the ladder. I ended up not using it as much for siding as I thought I would, but it was a lifesaver for painting the trim at the edge of the peaked roof with the included paint bucket hook.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that the ladder had to be extended at least two rungs or the stabilizer wouldn't fit on the ladder. This was more of an inconvenience as I didn't need the stabilizing factor of the device but I had to keep taking it on and off depending upon what height I was working at.

I can't stress the stabilizing factor enough. I'm almost looking forward to installing lights at the peak of my house this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, February 20, 2006
W. Mckinnon (Rancho Cordova, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these last spring when we had to paint a house, shop, and garage with second story apartment. There were several of us painting using several extension ladders. We had a cheap sixteen foot aluminum, a good 20 foot aluminum and a heavy duty 28 foot fiberglass. The stablizer worked well on all the ladders and was easy to move from one to the other as needed. When it was on the 28 foot fiberglass, it was almost like walking up and down stairs.

When used on the 28 foot ladder, the ladder was fairly top heavy. My son, who's a fireman, showed me some techniques for standing the ladder up and taking it down. I could do it myself but it made a fairly heavy setup and it was more comfortable with two people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for painting windows., August 17, 2005
I bought a pair of these for my 2 ladders and they work great. As others have said, they are simple to install or remove and greatly stabilize the ladder. They also make painting windows very easy. The stabilizer allowed me to place the ladder in front of the window and I was able to paint it entirely without moving the ladder or setting up another one. One thing I noticed is that the width of the Quickclick stabilzer is 2-3 inches shorter than my U-bolt Werner stabilizer. So if you need the maximum width, you may have to get the U-bolt model.

Werner AC78 Quickclick Stabilizer