Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
Price:$287.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

1,522 of 1,537 people found the following review helpful
on January 8, 2015
I got the Weslo treadmill and absolutely dig it. I'm 6'2", 230 lbs. and like running outside (about 2.5-3.0 miles each go). When the weather doesn't cooperate, I "try" to go to the fitness club. However, I feel it's such a pain to pack my stuff, drive there, find a treadmill, and then drive home sweaty in my car. So when I started researching for a treadmill, I was discouraged by the critically acclaimed ones costing $1000 on up! Finding this one for the price is STEAL! If you want something basic, but has some cool features, here it is. When you unpack it, don't freak out about how thin it is. I was used to the wider running room on treadmills at the gym and almost didn't even unpack out of the box when I opened it. However, after running on it, it was plenty of room. You can also transport it easily through doors while collapsed. I attached pictures to show my 12" shoes on it to show. The runs have been smooth, durable and impressive for such a large frame like mine.

Here are some highlights that I personally like:
Easy to put together. It took me 30 minutes. It may take two people to install the bottom 4 bolts.
It is collapsible! (see attached pictures)
It has a basic digital read that flips through calories burned, time elapsed, distance, and mph as you run. No other crazy info I never used at gym.
It has six run presets that are just right and adjustable as you run (pics). What I love is that you can slow down (hitting the "-" sign) and the treadmill will allow it for a "segment" (about 60 seconds), but then start back up on the original run settings for you after the segment without hitting anything. At the gym, the treadmills stay at the new "lower" setting during the whole workout, thinking that you bit off more than you can chew. This one does NOT. It goes back to the original workout thinking you just needed a rest or something. This could be annoying to some, but I like it.
It is QUIET. I had it on 8.0 mph and my dishwasher is louder.
Inclining the treadmill is as easy as lowering the back two feet (pics).
It has a Thumb Heart Rate Monitor, which is good for those who want to know.

Notables:
The manual suggested you plug the treadmill into a surge protector, so have one ready.
There is an extended service plan option that comes in the box 1yr $59.99, 2yr $79.99, 3yr $99.99.
There are two hex keys and an manual that tells you how to adjust the belt (re-center, slipping, slowing, etc.). Don't lose them! It's just a simple quarter turn left or right into DEEP holes in the back to fix these problems. But without the keys, you're in trouble.
275 lbs. is the weight limit according to the manual.
It also recommending turning off (the switch is underneath the front) or unplugging the treadmill all together when not in use to protect electrical components, which could be annoying to some.

I have heavily relied on reviews when buying anything on Amazon. This is my first review. I wanted to do my part to highly recommend this treadmill. I hope this helps!
2525 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 5, 2014
This is a perfectly good compact motorized fold up treadmill, which works just fine. I almost did not get it, I am glad I took some negative remarks about it with a grain of salt, and did NOT worry and go for much pricier equipment. This is a low-to-mid priced folding but not compact, MOTORIZED treadmill, in NARROWER size for small spaces,. It's perfect. I really like it. I saved a mint. I have USED other gym and home treadmills, but have not owned others. This is just what I wanted. Read on if you're on the fennce abut this- it's really good!

Caveat: this review is from a SHORT LAZY person, in a studio apartment- I can't comment on long stride, or if it works for big-and-tall persons, nor households looking for large or fancy (laptop or phone plug in, or work-desk enabled, or high variable incline or multiple home heavy use, or wider, nor- really compact- machines.) But for a regular user, in a small apartment, this is GREAT- the negative reviews are not necessarily entirely true. (Though excercise equipment is very individual- so no dis on any other reviewers' experiences) .

- Setup in under 20 minutes -solo (I'm 50 years old, not an athlete or gym rat) It weighs sort of middling for treadmills, getting it out of the box was the only 'hard' part. And not that hard. Assembly was a complete piece of cake.

I'm glad I disregarded some negative reviews on this - I almost did not buy it- almost got one a lot costlier (on a credit card. Debt. Yike!) but this is a great little (heavy, but compact folding) walking AND JOGGING, Sturdy, Quiet, Freehand- walking AND jogging machine,

1- Yes, you can jog - it is not just for walking. It's well-sturdy enough for jogging.

2- Yes, freehand walking and jogging. NO you do NOT have to 'hold onto the bars' unless you have a sense of unsteadyness, prior injury, etc. Eg- I'm uncoordinated and a total klutz. For walking or jog, I DID get the benefits of the arm-swinging balancing- that was a dealbreaker for me with treadmills. I read "you MUST hold the bars". I took a shot. Works fine, truly, freehand for me, the ordinary clod. (NOTE: I cannot give medical recommendation- so DO know your own balance and limits, check with your doctor etc.) But I found the stated I found the REQUIREMENT that you 'grip the bar'- even for a normal klutz with no sense of coordination- was excessive. I had NO problem at 1-3 mph (walking speeds) walking and jogging, freehand for long time periods. Like, I was reading the manual and watching tv.)

3- This is STURDY. The tray/ dashbord is cheap, - some space for a book or magazine, and two cup holders for your gin and tonics (j/K) but no real 'working table' as such. (forget that. Get a different treadmill.) But the machine is very sturdy and metal, blalanced- no rattle, thump-a-thump etc. I'm impressed! I expected it to be all but disposable.

But this was really adequate (MIND YOU I AM SHORT) - for walking and jogging, freehand, while reading and watching tv. (It's not recommended that a person be distracted, but it's not a flimsy thing that will topple or explode or fall over or so on.) Nice reasonably solid feel. (I've seen $1,300 treadmills that are HEAVIER by far, but not appreciably STURDIER for normal use.) But- pay SOME attention. ANY treadmill can throw you clean into a wall if you hit it on, or hit a fast speed.) But this is not wobbly badly made thing overall.

4- QUIET Motor - Yay. BIG plus. I expected and worried it would sound like a lawnmower. In a studio apartment with neighbors all over- I worried that a lower cost machine would have a loud motor and be a thing that also registers and transmits footfalls (Brzzzzz! Bonk Bonk Bonk!- "Oh, I see the neighbor got a treadmill.") NOPE. It's not silent but it's really quiet. I don't have to raise the tv volume (which I keep relatively low), I don't have the 'oh there goes that MOTOR", and it doesn't klonk when I jog. (Note: Secure all bolts AND the console screws tightly, and re-tighten them as needed.)
It's really surprisinly quiet. My sewing machine is noisy. My FAN is noisy. This thing is just a steady low not-unpleasant hum that lets me know the machine is on. But does not let my NEIGHBORS know, nor do you hear it from the kitchen.

Go with the motor treadmill if you are not an athlete and have no willpower.

I looked at the $100 dollar cheaper 'no motor' treadmills. For that, I can just use 'pavement' or 'the park'. Which I never do because my laziness spectrum is vast but as to things I've at least sort of sometimes dabbled in or do once a week un-dilligently - semi-yoga stuff? okay. Light weights? okay. Stretching, okay- feels good if done short term. but AEROBIC stuff? No WAY!. So I need the pavement moving underneath me on it's own to motivate me to move forward. I would take a cab from my door to the corner bodega if I could. I'm THAT 'walk-lazy'. I will help you mover your furniture from your apartment up and down four flights of stairs slowly as to lifting and 'hard work' - while sweating profusely, but if someone has to make a one block run for potato chips, it will be 'you, not me'

MOTORIZED treadmills solve the motivation problem and THIS has a relatively quiet, relatively smooth motor, it starts at 1mp always so I don't fling into the wall, it moves up in 1/10 mil of an hour increments, so I don't go from 1 mp directly to two (you CAN, but you have the butto that slowly gradually increases speed at your direction- it doesn't 'automatically speed up')

I clip the 'stop' thingie- the clip- the magnet that auto- stops it, the lanyard- whatever that thing is- to my NECK not my waistbelt. I want it to brake if I stumble, not 'by the time I've already fallen down'. But it has a slow brake, It doesn't 'jerk to a stop, on a dime' making a stumble into a disaster. It's a great thing. It goes 'slow, slower, stop" so you can catch your balance, without getting chewed into the machine.

This machine- granted- has NO bells or whistles on this thing- effective but obviously cheap console. (mph, miles, calories burned, cupholder for your whiskey sour... j/k.. cupholder, water-bottle holder (two, in fact) and you have to put your finger on an alleged 'heart rate monitor' but no plug in pulse ox or heart rate, no "google maps. It has a few 'excercise' modes, but, I have not explored those and I probably never will. If you want a machine to be also a sort of workout trainer buddy, you will have to spend a lot more to get the fancy computer stuff. I have enough apps on my phone to cover that.

But it HAS an incline and it forces you to lift your feet. And if you want NO inlcine, it is enabled to remove the incline for flat walking if you have knee injuries or so on.

FOLDING- It does fold. Not tiny but it DOES-- fold and latch for upright, for 'out of the way-ness'. It will not fold into a 3" flat but it is not an 'always out and huge' thing. It is the dimensions they state, but in real life, that is bigger than it looks. That said, fits in my cramped tiny apartment reasonably okay. It's not 'compact'. But I don't want anything so compatct that is also too flimsy. Plus if I store it under the bed, it will build itself a forever-home there, and I want to USE it. For things besides 'Just a handy clothing rack'. Which is what I see many treadmills and excercicles used as. I leave mine out. Not decorous but it is not UGLY, and it does say "Less of a sofa spud than I used to be" so that's fine, as decor goes.

It is about $300, and it is a 'no frills motorized'. In sum, I have used ,but have not OWNED other treadmills to compare it to. I live in a studio apartment, and I am not athletic.
-this is small but it IS heavy (for stability) so don't expect 'small equals portable' in terms of weight, but it is for Walking, freehand, Jogging, freehand, it has a long enough bed for a reasonable stride, you can use the dashboard thign for reading- it holds a book magazine or table.

I'm really REALLY impressed at how much BETTER than described, this is. I cannot speak to long term wear- but so far, it's quite, it is sturdy, it is small enough but also BIG enough (for a shot person), it is surprisingly QUIET, and it works freehand for a balanced strided very well.

If you were going to go with a non-motorized because of noise, consider this instead if you need motorized motivation. (for $100 more, I have a treadmill I will USE!) and if you were thinking it would cost at LEASt $600 to get a decent treadmill and really more like $1000- and up, unless you need the 'trainer' features, this is great.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,351 of 1,418 people found the following review helpful
Okay. First video review ever, so be nice. :) I got my treadmill yesterday and while the professionals don't seem to like any treadmill under $700 (for the most part), user reviews of this one are high on both Amazon and other big-box sites. As I only walk fast versus running/jogging, I figured it would be perfect for me. So far, so good. I wanted to know more about the console and have more closeups when I was doing my research -- couldn't find much -- so now it's available to you.
2020 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was a bit wary about buying this treadmill (chosen because it's SO affordable) because of many negative reviews, even though many of them (not all, but many) were obviously resulting from not following the directions or reading the manual before assembly/usage. I have had three manual treadmills but this is my first electric one. I'm very impressed with my Weslo Cadence G 5/9. I love that I can adjust the speed increments from say, 1 MPH to 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.5, etc. without having to jump to 2 MPH or 3 MPH, etc up to 10 MPH. Tenths of a mile are good graduations for a senior just starting to get active again after being sedentary for far too long. I can't comment on running on it because it's not something I do at my age, at least not right now. I don't find it all that noisy like some complained but again, it's my first electric treadmill so I have nothing to go by in that regard.

Assembly: It was extremely difficult to do alone because of its weight & mostly because of the two screws that hook the upright to the body of the machine. Lining them up was rather nightmarish, but I propped the machine up on some of the packing materials so I could turn the wrench further without disengaging it. Finally, I managed it with much persistence and prayer for strength but I can honestly say, that part alone would have been worth calling a friend to help. However, I did it, I got it set up and running and it works great. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

I did not buy the extra years warranty yet, I have 90 days to cogitate on that... but knowing me, I probably will just take good care of her and not worry about spending more. Oh, lastly, it folds up and moves easily... I was surprised because of its weight/bulk so after I set it up in my dining room & didn't care for the look (also couldn't see the TV from there) I decided to test the fold up & move it capability and it worked just great. Now it's in the living room where I can watch TV while I walk off some pounds & give my circulatory system some needed exercise.

I used a yoga mat underneath the Weslo to keep carpet fibers from getting up in her mechanism... it's working fine so far, too.
review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 5, 2014
I have been using this for a few months and have not yet had any problems with it, I run 6-7 MPH for 2-5 miles a day 3-5 days a week and it still works fine.
on January 26, 2015
This treadmill is by far more than what I expected for $300!!! I did my research and did not want to spend thousands of dollars on a treadmill for an apartment, but at the same time I did not want to buy a crappy one that barely works! During these winter months I need something! I am big into jogging outside, but most days I cannot with the ice. Though I have a gym membership, working full time and school - I just don't have that time to go to the gym!

I needed a space saver, so I needed one that folds up in my apartment. This one rolls and folds up! Though take note - it is so much easier to pull than push it off to the side.. Just pull it and you will have no problem..

This treadmill has everything you need!!! Very sturdy and pretty quiet unless running of course. I do a lot of HIIT workouts, for example warm up for 5, run as fast as you can for 1 minute, rest for 2 minutes & repeat for 20 minutes with a 5 minute cool down(30 minutes total) - and this treadmill is perfect for that! Great for a 24-48 hour metabolism boost for those who need some extra help losing weight ;). A lot better than just running or walking! Makes you feel AMAZING.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because my package came DAMAGED. Not because of the treadmill itself. I couldn't even get it into my apartment without the box falling apart, so we had to take the box apart and then bring the pieces inside. This was annoying and scary thinking my treadmill would be completely damaged. We did figure out some wires were torn.. It does work fine, but in the the future I may need to replace the wires. For now, some electrical tape will do as the film around the wires were just torn and not the wires themselves(hopefully).

Amazon customer service was great! This is why I buy things from ONLY AMAZON. Anytime I have an issue it is resolved in 10 minutes. They told me I could either return the items and UPS could pick it up as is. That I didn't need to even put it back in the box etc. & they would refund me.. Or I could get a partial refund of 20%. I chose 20% because I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning and buying another one, just to have a BIGGER issue happen with UPS. Like the motor being damaged or something. They also said if I had any issues with the wiring, to contact them and they will take care of it.

Still a hassle with the shipping. Wish that never happened, but the treadmill is wonderful! Think they need to go with another shipping option for their customers if they can.. I really wouldn't hesitate to buy if you have been going back and forth about which treadmill to buy.. THIS IS IT! $300 or less for a GOOD treadmill you won't find anywhere else. Amazon has your back if you do not like it - return it. If it comes damaged - they will figure it out!
review image review image
on January 8, 2015
I was worried about the quality of this treadmill when I purchased it because of the low price. However, after using it for a couple weeks now, I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay more for a fancier treadmill (unless you "need" the extra features.) I would buy this again. It meets my family's needs.
on September 14, 2012
I first saw this treadmill through the walmart website. The reviews were much better there for this item so I went ahead and purchased it from Amazon...the price was the same plus I got free shipping....I have used it several times all ready and absolutely love it. It took me and my 8 yr old about 45 minutes to assemble and I was running in no time. I highly recommend this treadmill for the price...
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 11, 2014
I received this as a Christmas gift from my husband. We wanted an inexpensive treadmill to start with, until we were sure we were committed to using it regularly. This seemed to fit the bill.

My husband put it together with relative ease. I woke up the first morning to use it, walked on it for 20 minutes, and the belt stopped working. The electronic control pad still worked and kept the time/mileage going, but the belt wouldn't move. I attempted to contact Weslo Customer SErvice. After being on hold for 33 minutes, the hold music turned off and I wasn't even sure I was still connected. I waited until 45 minutes when i had to hang up to attend to other matters. I sent them an email on a Thursday.

In the meantime, we reviewed the manual, determined there was a demo mode, and returned it to the regular mode. We thought this would solve our problem. I got up the next morning, walked for 25 minutes, and the belt stopped again.

I contacted Amazon - they were nothing short of amazing! I had already disposed of the box, but they told me to take it UPS and they would build a box (with no charge to me) and ship it back to Amazon.

I waited to hear back from Weslo, just in case there was an easy fix. They responded to my email by asking if I was able to remove the motor hood. Um, no, I'm not going to try to repair the motor on the treadmill I just bought!!!!! I tried to call them two more times, waiting on hold each time for 45 minutes with no response.

We are returning it to Weslo today. The bottom line is that I can accept that a $300 treadmill might not work very well for long. It is probably even just a setting or adjustment that could be remedied if I could talk to someone there. I cannot accept the HORRIBLE customer service "provided" by Weslo. I will never purchase another item from this company!
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 27, 2015
It was pretty simple to assemble, but an extra person is needed. For instance the holes to install the handles are off-centered. I followed the instructions to the book, and after turning on the grey power switch (located at the bottom left), removed the red safety circle, and WHOOLAH NO POWER. The pictures I'm submitting shows the unit completely assembled, pressing start, and workout routines, yet nothing happens. This is a HUGE inconvenience because now I have to disassemble this bulky machine to get my refund. Let's thank our lucky stars for Amazon's excellent return policy, otherwise I'd be more livid than I am right now.
review image review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...