4.0 out of 5 stars Michigan family workouts
Published 23 months ago by Michigan workouts

I've never bothered to write a review before, but I'm pretty upset that not only is this product defective on arrival, but I'm going to have to pay like $70 for the privilege of returning it. If I want them to replace it, I get to pay for shipping on the way back as well. Adds a $140 to the price.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Michigan family workouts, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
I bought this treadmill as a Christmas gift for myself so I could continue my jogging workouts over the winter. My family was also interested in using it for both walking and running. Amazon delivered it fast and it was easy to assemble. It is a nice size treadmill and it has a sturdy frame and feels solid even at faster running speeds. Its a little noisier than other more expensive treadmills I've used, but for the money I spent I feel I got great value. Its a solid product, and Amazonmade it an offer too good to pass up. Free shipping and just under $300. Can't beat that!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tread to Good Health, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
My doctor recommended that I walk daily. Because of a back and breathing problems I'm unable to walk in this part of Kansas. I knew I wouldn't go to a health club, so this treadmill was the perfect answer. I put it together myself (and I'm 70 years old) and it works beautifully.

4.0 out of 5 stars No excuse now to avoid pain on a rainy day ..., April 29, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
The product arrived as promised in two days (Amazon Prime). Packaging was flimsy and would not have been easily reuseable had I needed to return the treadmill. Instructions for assembly were clear and assembly was not difficult. Elapsed time from delivery to first use was about one hour. Actual assembly took about 20 minutes, including occasional references back to the manual. The remainder of the time was spent unpacking, removing the packing material, doing a first read of the relevant parts of the manual, and doing an inventory of the parts. Assembly required a phillips screwdriver (not provided) and a hex wrench (provided).

Operations and adjustment of the treadmill is simple. The six pre-programmed speed sequences (3 weight loss and 3 intensity) are convenient and the do-it-yourself mode not only lets you avoid the pre-programmed sequences ... but lets you override them if you do use them ... so ... if the program has you going at a speed you don't like, you can manually jack that up (or down) until the next program change.

While not silent by any means, this treadmill is much quieter than our last one and the noise it does make is not annoying. I have no other frame of reference to offer. I have two negative comments on this treadmill. First, the height of the control panel ... and hence the hand grips ... cannot be changed. I am 6 ft 3 in; and I have to bend to grip the handlebars;. I cut the treadmill one star based on that. Were my wife writing this review, she'd give it five stars ... but then, she's shorter than I am! Second, as has been noted in other reviews, the control panel readouts are difficult to read without an external light source. The latter is easily overcome but something Weslo could pretty easily improve in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars If there is a manufactures defect, you have to pay shipping to return the product, January 2, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers Everything, At A Decent Price, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
I owned a treadmill years ago -- actually, two -- one was electric, the other not. And I've used quite a few others through the years. I like to walk, and break out in a run now and then, and I sure need to since I'm getting older, and I'm far from being in good shape. "Use it or lose it" makes sense, though.

I've been wanting a treadmill for a while, but didn't see one I wanted that I could afford until I did some Amazon research and found this one. After checking out others in a reasonable price range, I took it. Glad I did.

This treadmill does everything I want. It performs well, and goes up to 10 miles a hour -- too fast for me, I can do about half that comfortably, but it has that power if/when I get to it. As a "walker," it's perfect -- very quiet and smooth. It has a computer "track" display if I want incentive, plus provides information about distance, speed, and a "calories used" estimate.

It arrived, as all my Amazon orders have through the years, in top condition, within the time-frame I expected. I usually take advantage of the "free shipping" option, which is slower than other options but it gets here. I looked locally for one, and found a couple that were close to this price and had most of the same qualities, but having "free" delivery to my door was convenient and Amazon does that.

Assembly was simple, and didn't need "two people" to assemble as the directions indicated. I did it alone casually in about 1 1/2 hours, and actually it was kind of fun while watching a TV show in the background. The wire-cable connections for the computer functions and the bolts and nuts fit the parts together perfectly. Obvious quality.

It's also solid, and doesn't move at all while in use -- no vibration that I can detect. This treadmill doesn't have too many "program" options other than several "intensity" sets, but I don't need that -- and for the price it seems better than those that are more expensive with all those added options. A treadmill is a treadmill -- that it performs and lasts is the major factor. I'll offer updates as I continue to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
I'm not going to lie, I wanted to kick this thing when I was setting it up. All in all though im really glad I didn't. This has turned out to be quite a bang for the buck. I'm a small gal, like 110lbs soaking wet, but I still managed to get this thing up a flight of stairs and across two rooms. If you have a child who likes to run, but doesn't want to go outside in the cold months, this is perfect. It doesnt take up a lot of space and for the smaller frame person, it really does the trick. I don't this this would be really good for anyone who is really tall. The motor is a bit louder than other treadmills that i've been on, but I listen to music while running, so I do not notice it. It has programs on it, so the "weight Loss" and "Intensity" Workouts are included. The incline is manual, but it doesn't slide around or shake when running. It has good speed. A good product that I am happy I purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, just what I bought it for, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
Note: I still have about a month left on the 90 warranty; will update if it breaks down directly after.

I would like to preface this review with saying that I feel I watch too much TV. So instead of sitting on the couch while I did so, why not leisurely stroll during the program? That's why I bought this machine. I was looking for an inexpensive treadmill primarily for walking. I've jogged on it a few times, but mostly I just walk on it in front of the TV instead of sit on the couch in front of the TV. I know that must sound like a rat-in-a-cage pleasure, but f-word that. I like to veg out and I don't like to be fat. This machine solves both problems!

Yes, it is a bit noisy, but for an electric treadmill that costs less than decking out your entire existence with high end Apple products, it's the best around. You want silent? Spend thousands and thousands of dollars. You want affordable but decent, this is the one (at least as of February '13).

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived Broken, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
I spent about 2 hours putting it together by myself. Pretty heavy to lift on my own to screw certain pieces on, but I eventually got it together. The treadmill had power but would not start. I heard a grinding noise in the engine area when I tried to move the belt manually...I used a flashlight and saw that a piece of the motor had been clean broken off during shipping!!! Amazon is shipping a replacement...so I guess we will see how that goes.

EDIT - Replacement arrived. Had help putting it together this time, so about 30 - 45 minutes total. This one thankfully works...but the box looked like it time traveled back to World War II and back, just like the first. This was not UPS, this was wherever they picked it up from.

On both machines, the screws that you would use to attach the knob which would hold the treadmill together upright for storing are not cut properly and will not screw that knob in. They don't even make it into the holes because the bottoms are too big.

There are other cons, but you get what you pay for.

- I have to mash the + or - speed buttons pretty dramatically for them to actually work. They are not very responsive.
-There is no incline.
-And this supposed blue LCD screen...maybe I am missing something but it has never lit up for me. It just looks very dull and hard to see.
-The walking path is pretty narrow (I am 5'6', around 135 lbs).

Overall I would only recommend this if you are tight on cash and need something to do the job as basically as possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase : Here is how to assemble and run it!, October 9, 2013
Instructions + Review:

The manual is incomplete and this is why a lot of people, including me myself, faced a lot of trouble while assembling it. Once I figured out the tricks; I didn't have to waste money (extra $60+) on calling help to assemble it. To save your time, I have put together some helpful tricks that go along with the manual. Make sure you:

A. Use regular or adjustable pair of sturdy pliers in place of the 'nose' pliers suggested in the manual and you'll be fine. Once I figured this out it was an easy job to do the screws. Also, since the screws are a bit hard to go into the frame (you will feel, the screws are not of the right size), don't worry about damaging the surrounding region when the pliers scrape off the surface, esp with the hand rail, because the main console would cover it, so the damage won't show. Just work on it patiently.

B. Leave a small gap between the main-frame and ground when you tilt the main-frame to rest on the ground (as opposed to manual's suggestion to put the main-frame on the ground directly). You have to tilt the main-frame because there is an attachment you need to fit with it (see manual). If you'll directly put the main-frame on the ground, you'll see the holes on this attachment and the main-frame don't match. Therefore, the gap comes in handy as now you can swing the 'attachment' below the level of the 'main-frame' to match their corresponding holes to work the screws. I put a small decorative pillow in between the main-frame and the ground to create this little gap and it worked just fine.

C. Fit the main console on the arms and frame using Phillip No. 2 screwdriver; not the regular one as pictured and described in the manual. Light the pathway as the holes are deep and invisible. I used a screwdriver that had LED to shine the pathway so didn't need an extra pair of hands to direct the lamp.

D. Don't waste your time trying to fit a certain part that has to be lached on the main frame to tie key and all (see manual), you don't really need it but if you do end up fitting it, it will consume a large amount of time given that you have already spent too much energy trying to fit other parts.

E. Now the big question, how to start the machine? So basically 4 things you need to pay attention to:
1) The wiring of the console, the very small bunch of wires: Make the appropriate connections there and when fixing console to the main frame, pay special attention that those small wires are not crushed. Else machine might not start.

2) The second thing is the main cable: connect it to surge protector multi-plug, it will protect your machine from all fluctuations. Turn it on.

3) The reset button has to be pushed down to start the machine. It is at the front bottom of the main frame, so you'll have to look over there to find it.

4) Key - the red mushroom-head shaped key - has to be put (with its flat face down) on the console where the circular depression for key is there at the very front. As soon as you put it there, the console screen will come back to life! Press start and the machine will power-up start it at 1 mile/hr speed. Press on different speed options to switch to different speeds. Voila! It is all set for the workout!

My expertise level:
I assembled it on my own. Since I have hyperhydrosis (sweaty palms), I cannot use any tools without wearing the industrial workers gloves. Also, I am generally not good with using tools elegantly, so I am basically a novice. It took me 2.5 hours after figuring out what to do, to assemble it. Best thing is, not very many parts needed to be assembled, so, it wasn't that of a hassle.

How I find my machine:
I weigh 150 pounds and yes, it does create noise and look very fragile when I run but that's ok, I am just a lazy beginner, I only want to walk at 4 mph. I have tested that all other speeds work just fine. There is an optional incline. The machine works great for me!

Price I paid: $320. For checking price-history on amazon product, I like to use camelcamelcamel . com .

Update:
It has been more than a year of purchase and the machine runs problem free!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Birthday Present..., September 5, 2013
Rhoda Galgiani (Long Island, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill (Sports)
For my 72nd birthday, I ordered the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill. I have always wanted one, but never could afford the costly price tag of a Treadmill! The box was in excellent condition. All what was suppose to be in the box was there. Fed Ex said it weighed 120 lbs and wouldn't take it upstairs, so I had my two maintenance men bring it up the stairs. I was determined to put it together myself and save the $40 one of the men wanted to assemble my new present. So I did! Took me awhile to get the bolts for the legs in place, but once I did that - zip, one, two, three my Treadmill was up and running. Now remember, I am 72 so this took me a couple of hours - but it was the best couple of hours of my life. Smooth running, quiet and actually much bigger than I expected. I am 5' 7" weighing over 200 and this machine is perfect for me. I couldn't be happier with the wonderful savings on this product and the free delivery. I'se a happy old lady, for sure!!!

Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill