Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "West Bend 84966 Versatility Oval-Shaped 6-Quart Pr...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 46% off the $85.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
West Bend 84966 Versatility Oval-Shaped 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
|Price:||$59.77 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$26.22 (30%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Stainless Steel, Glass, Metal
- Programmable slow cooker with removable, oval-shaped, 6-quart cooking pot
- Cooking pot can be used on stove top or in the oven; base doubles as warming base and griddle
- 4 temperature settings--warm, low, high, and griddle; automatic shut-off after 24 hours
- Cool-touch handles; dishwasher-safe cooking pot and glass lid; recipe book included
- Measures approximately 10 by 14-1/2 by 9-1/2 inches
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Package Quantity: 1
Compare to Similar Items
This item: West Bend 84966 Versatility Oval-Shaped 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Dimensions||9.5 inches x 10 inches x 14.5 inches||8.75 inches x 7.25 inches x 12.75 inches||15.2 inches x 15 inches x 10 inches||14.4 inches x 9.6 inches x 14.8 inches|
|Material||Glass||Metal||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Once the 84716 reached it's desired temp, it shut off until it needed to heat again. This appears to be how it maintains it's temperature. The 84966 never shut off which would explain why it gets too hot. Possibly by cooking more in it, the unit won't get as hot as fast, but unless it turns off from time to time to prevent it from overheating, it'll just get way too hot to cook well on low. The only settings on the 84966 that appear to auto shut off are the warm and griddle settings.
2. I started with water that was 65F. The 84966 began boiling in a little under two hours, and by the time 2 hours rolled around, it was a nice boil, not a simmer. The 84716 never reached a boil. It only reached a good simmer and that was only after 5 hours.
3. According to Wikipedia, "A typical slow cooker is designed to heat food to 170°F (77°C) on low, to perhaps 190-200°F (88-93°C) on high." Here are the temperatures of the two slow cooker models I tested for the actual cooking surface using an IR thermometer.Read more ›
1. The Teflon is bubbling and flecking off after two uses (once on the stovetop to brown the meat; two eight hour slow cook sessions). No metal utensils and only a soft sponge were used.
2. I tried the griddle function once. It took 15 minutes to color a pancake pale. It just wouldn't get hot.
First impressions bore out in this unfortunate case. It is flimsy and cheaply manufactured (Model 84966 Rev A 0210; made in China). The pan is light and thin. The griddle scratches with ease. West Bend's 100 years of history have come to this or maybe their parent company Focus Electrics is just a sham. Back to Le Creuset and Corning Ware for me.
When you set the electronic setting, it will run at whatever temp you set it. After that, it automatically switches to a low keep warm. We moved the cooking pot to a trivet and then warmed corn bread on the base - now that's Versatility! You can just toss the pot in the dishwasher. I cannot live without this West Bend cooker! Buy one, it will change your life!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are great slow cookers!!! So great, that my friend saw mine & wanted one. I've had one for years & wore it out. Just wish you could set the exact temperature - not HI or LOW.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Not happy with the Pot with this Slow Cooker. I had one from West Bend for years and it was great. This one is very disappointing as follows:
1. Read more
Great little crock pot. Light weight, versatile and a good price point. No need to deal with the
heavy ceramic insert anymore.
First - the ordering experience: FANTASTIC! I ordered this on December 23rd around 3:00pm, with expected delivery for early January. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
The unit turns itself off during a cooking cycle on a regular basis! Can only use it if I'm going to be nearby to hear the beep when it turns off. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Huggy Bear
I love it. I had looked everywhere for a crock pot that could be used on the stovetop. Its so nice to be able to brown and start cooking on the stivetop and then set the pot on... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Linda M. Williams