Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

VINE VOICEon June 27, 2013
I don't travel a lot (3-4 times a year), but when I do, I really like to have a travel clock - checking the time when I wake up in a strange room in the dark is somehow reassuring to me! I used a clock for ages that was ok, but on a recent trip, every time I used the "light-up" feature to check the time, it reset itself to 12:00 am. Argh. I went off to target and bought the one travel clock they had, but from the get-go it did exactly the same thing! Travel clocks here on Amazon don't get very good reviews, so I took a shot on this as-yet-unreviewed Westclox model, and as it turned out, it has worked beautifully for me. The stand is very solid and transforms into a cover to protect the clock face and setting buttons in your suitcase. It's easy to read, and setting the time and alarm is completely straightforward (did clocks become so tricky when everyone started to use their phones instead?). It uses a button battery, so there's not much weight to it, and I like the temperature feature, which seems pretty accurate. All in all, I've been very satisfied with it.
on September 16, 2013
Original review 3 stars: I bought this travel alarm clock to take camping with me. I didn't want an alarm really, I wanted the time and temperature. I was very disappointed that the button for the Snooze/Light was not there because any time I wanted to see the time in the dark I had to use a flashlight. If the button for the backlight was there I would give this travel alarm clock 5 stars.
Update:Just this weekend I found the Snooze/Light button. It's a very thin curved button. I thought it odd where the button is and then finally realized that when you set the clock up on its "stand" that the end of the stand rests on the button perfectly and that's how you "PUSH" the snooze/light button, just push down on the top of the clock when the stand is in place. I actually spent this weekend away, took the clock with me, and was not going to give up until I figured out where the button is. It may be in the instructions but admittedly I didn't read them thoroughly. I now give this travel clock 5 stars.
on October 2, 2013
At first, I thought the clock did not have a backlight (or any light)! I read this about it in one review, but thought Amazon would certainly straighten it out before selling any more. But, after some experimenting, I found the backlight, and the clock also has all the other features I want.

The secret to finding the backlight is to set up its self-contained stand to use the clock in normal desktop operation (i.e. set it on a tabletop). Then, to see the backlight, push the top of the clock towards the back. If the clock slides backwards, you may find it easier to lightly grasp the two sides of the clock between your thumb and ring finger, then push the top of the clock back with your index finger. The light is bright enough to read, but not so bright that it wakes up your sleeping partner. It only stays on for a few seconds - GREAT, in my opinion.

The clock is very easy to set and operate, although the setting buttons, which are on the back, are fairly small, and require either good eyesight, or good glasses. After you set the alarm, you can see on the display that it's set, and for what time (this feature alternates [by your button choice] with the date - you choose to see one or the other). My eyesight's not too good, so I'd prefer a larger screen display, but all of my desired features (exactly what Amazon says) are there.

UPDATE - 2/10/2014

I've now had this clock for a while, and am not quite so thrilled about it. Its marginal lighting makes it hard to read in the dark, and the small size makes it hard to read even in the light, unless you have young eyes. I've found that it's harder to set than I first thought - the buttons are small, and somewhat "hidden" on the backside. This is still the best all-around clock that has a temperature that I've found, but I'd like it to be bigger and easier to set.
on December 20, 2013
Does what it's supposed to do but it has some flaws. The backlight only lights when manually pressed but it only stays on for what seems like 2 seconds, not enough time to read IMO. Additionally, my night table is even with my bed and at that angle it is impossible to see the display without either picking up the clock or almost sitting up. The last con is that to activate the light and the snooze the folded back cover actuates a "hidden" button but there needs to be some type of non-skid on the bottom of the clock so it doesn't slide all over when the button us pushed. This last fault is hard to visualize until you see how the snooze/light feature works.
on August 4, 2013
...once I figured it out. Some have complained, but I like that the clock isn't lit up all the time. It's quite bright when you push it properly but be sure to read the directions so it's set up correctly. The alarm took me a while to grasp though. The alarm is on when you see the bells on the display - that's all you need to remember.
on October 17, 2013
This clock is easy to use; easy to set, easy to read in both daylight and night, small and light so it will travel well for me. It ieven has a a cover to protect it when travelling, which folds back into the stand. I'm really happy with this purchase.
on October 24, 2013
The clock seems to be made well, though the display is hard to see if you are above it, or too far bellow it. What this means is that if it sits on the night stand next to your bed you will have a hard time seeing the numbers unless you are parallel with it. Hope this helps....
on December 8, 2013
It was much easier to set everything than I thought it would be. The alarm isn't all that loud, though, if you're one to sleep through noise----you might want to consider a louder alarm clock. The settings are all on the back, and so you have to keep flipping the clock back and forth, to see the display and then the buttons, while you set it. No big deal.

The black digital numbers could have been darker. The other comments made by people about the display light at night were all spot on. You have to learn how to push down on the clock from the top, and the clock HAS to be on a solid surface. Then, you have to tilt the clock so that you can read the numbers. You gotta be quick to see the time, as the light stays on for a nano second. It isn't much to gripe about, but I thought others should know.

I like the inclusion of the temperature reading, although if you're thinking about checking the temperature in the dark you can forget about it. Too hard to see the numbers, and by the time you read what time it is, the display light goes out and you have to light it all up again just to try and see the temp. If you have the night vision and reflexes of an owl, though, you should be okay.

I gave this clock four stars because it comes with its own battery, it's pretty and it's lightweight. I guess I won't be looking to see what the temperature is, though, in the middle of the night in my hotel room.
on January 6, 2014
The clock has everything I wanted. It is well illuminated, an easy to set alarm which is somewhat subdued soundwise. The settings are clearly marked and easy to set. It is small, easy to carry and fits in a pocket.
on May 15, 2014
I read the reviews and decided that this was the best travel alarm clock for the money. I have a very small bedside table, and always use a travel alarm to save space. If I hadn't already thrown the packaging away I would send this clock back. The backlight feature is worse than useless. The light is blue, and not bright enough to illuminate the numbers without picking up the clock and bring it closer to your face. No, I don't have vision problems. The clock is dark. The second, and in my opinion much bigger problem, is with the light/snooze feature. Twice in the two weeks that I've had this clock I've tapped the top to activate the snooze feature and the clock has reset itself to 12:00 for both the time of day and the alarm. Both times I was lucky that someone else in the household was awake. I would have slept for another couple of hours, blithely thinking that the alarm would beep again. Save your sanity, save your money, and save your job - buy another clock!