4.0 out of 5 stars Lite version is user friendly
Published 7 months ago by lasscat

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could get my money back it is ...
I wish I could get my money back it is quality at all .IS end up by Photo key for Fx home .
Published 1 month ago by Michelle Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Lite version is user friendly, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Westcott Illusions Photo Key 5, Green Screen Software Bundle - Lite (Accessory)
I read a great deal of reviews on this site and other sites regarding this software. When I purchased it I was worried that I may not enjoy the program or that it may even fall short to my expectations. However, after using the software for my photography business, all I have to say is that its worth it. Yes, this is a photokey lite is limited, but, would you rather spend 50 dollars on a program rather than 270 plus dollars and realize that its not what you want? So, for a small price its worth the risk. Now people complain that you have to upgrade to get the best use of it, that is true to a degree. If you are a person who is familiar with photoshop, lightroom and other editing software programs and if you have those programs in your computer, than this program is just perfect. You can remove the green screen background, prep the subject to the height, position etc onto any background you have and export it as TIff or JPEG. I set up what I need and export it as a Tiff to my photoshop were I work on it further with my editing tools. In this aspect, this lite version is perfect for me. However, if you are not a person experience in photoshop and other editing software's, than, yes, upgrading will be helpful to you.

Depending on what you want to do, you may need the upgrade. The upgrade allows you to add more foreground images, mask certain aspects of the image to blend in with the background etc, allows you to have multiple layers of images to create a fantastic image and more realistic. If you do not have the general understanding of other editing software's than upgrade. I'm going to list what is the difference as shown on the box since the site did not provide much info.

Photo Key 5 lite has Photo Key Standard Photo Key 5pro

Instant green screen remover yes yes
high quality background yes 500 image yes 800 images
Color correct yes yes
matte/status view yes yes
printing support yes yes
support/training yes yes
not included spill suppression yes
not included multiple layers/overlays yes
not included text editor yes
not included freehand masking yes
not included not included automated batch processing
not included not included handles thousands of images
not included not included hot folder support for tethered cameras
not included not included shadow caster
not included not included depth of field effect
not included not included email and publishing to facebook

as you can see, the pro offers more apps to create amazing green screen images. Those who are not well rounded in other editing software's but you are serious in creating images and using a lot of layers, masking etc, than the pro is worth the cost. Those who are using the program for occasional photos or for fun, the lite is worth its price.

Hope this helps you out folks, since when you see the product on amazon, there is very little detail or explanations to exactly what you expect. Here is photokey website so you can see how the products work, current version being offered is photokey 6 (does the same things as 5 except for some minor upgrades. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 13, 2014
Brock A Willis (Pendleton, In United States) - See all my reviews
Love love love it. So much fun and so easy to use. The green screen that comes with it is great and the software is so easy to use. So glad I bought this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple program for a little fun, June 23, 2014
I really like the program, it does what it is suppose to and you can import your own backgrounds in. There are some features that it does not have, like the tool to soften edges and filling in spots that pick up the green background. I also can not save the green in turquoise colors, but I guess I can upgrade. It is a program to have a little fun with.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PURCHASE!, March 15, 2014
I love this product. Saves me so much time with my photography. I will definitely order from Westcott again.....very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with my purchase!, February 20, 2014
Great price & value. I wish it came with the ability to add fonts on the pictures & maybe a few more digital backgrounds, and more than 1 time to install the product, but it's a terrific product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, February 18, 2014
William H. Barnhart (The Villages, Florida) - See all my reviews
The backdrop was smaller than expected and the software did a decent job. I will probably buy the upgrade software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, February 6, 2014
still learning how to work with it and its not as easy to use as they say but I'm not computer savy. I am slowly leaning and having fun with it and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have fun with there picturers. and it was on time and what I ordered

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, February 1, 2014
I love how easy it is to use. Pop in the disc and you are ready to go. This is great for birthday parties for someone who knows little bout photography and great for the beginner photographer on a budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 10, 2014
Does just what I need it to do for my classroom at school. THanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 7, 2014
Product is great but for full features needs full versio of it

Rate and Discover Movies