Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 24, 2014
I read a great deal of reviews on this site and other sites regarding this software. When I purchased it I was worried that I may not enjoy the program or that it may even fall short to my expectations. However, after using the software for my photography business, all I have to say is that its worth it. Yes, this is a photokey lite is limited, but, would you rather spend 50 dollars on a program rather than 270 plus dollars and realize that its not what you want? So, for a small price its worth the risk. Now people complain that you have to upgrade to get the best use of it, that is true to a degree. If you are a person who is familiar with photoshop, lightroom and other editing software programs and if you have those programs in your computer, than this program is just perfect. You can remove the green screen background, prep the subject to the height, position etc onto any background you have and export it as TIff or JPEG. I set up what I need and export it as a Tiff to my photoshop were I work on it further with my editing tools. In this aspect, this lite version is perfect for me. However, if you are not a person experience in photoshop and other editing software's, than, yes, upgrading will be helpful to you.

Depending on what you want to do, you may need the upgrade. The upgrade allows you to add more foreground images, mask certain aspects of the image to blend in with the background etc, allows you to have multiple layers of images to create a fantastic image and more realistic. If you do not have the general understanding of other editing software's than upgrade. I'm going to list what is the difference as shown on the box since the site did not provide much info.

Photo Key 5 lite has Photo Key Standard Photo Key 5pro

Instant green screen remover yes yes
high quality background yes 500 image yes 800 images
Color correct yes yes
matte/status view yes yes
printing support yes yes
support/training yes yes
not included spill suppression yes
not included multiple layers/overlays yes
not included text editor yes
not included freehand masking yes
not included not included automated batch processing
not included not included handles thousands of images
not included not included hot folder support for tethered cameras
not included not included shadow caster
not included not included depth of field effect
not included not included email and publishing to facebook

as you can see, the pro offers more apps to create amazing green screen images. Those who are not well rounded in other editing software's but you are serious in creating images and using a lot of layers, masking etc, than the pro is worth the cost. Those who are using the program for occasional photos or for fun, the lite is worth its price.

Hope this helps you out folks, since when you see the product on amazon, there is very little detail or explanations to exactly what you expect. Here is photokey website so you can see how the products work, current version being offered is photokey 6 (does the same things as 5 except for some minor upgrades. [...]
on October 15, 2014
Just purchased this with absolutely no knowledge of green screens and how to edit.

Software made it really simple by literally uploading any backdrop you'd like with any photo taken with a green screen. I did only purchase the Lite version as I really didn't know what I was getting myself into and it's easy enough to upgrade the software so I intend to do so once I learn all the basic functions. if you purchase the Lite version it is cheaper to upgrade if you like it so just note that if you're thinking you'll just pay more.

All the menus are easy to navigate and there are plenty of tutorial videos on how to use the software. Overall the simplicity of it makes it save a TON of time on editing and I can pump out more pictures and make more money... so I'll make my money back on this in 2-3 shoots.

UPDATE 2015-05-25:

Had this for some time now and I have to say it amazing. Gotten some great photos out of it and very pleased with the purchase. I would assume that newer versions of this are similar in many ways and better in some so go for it! The only thing inhale noticed is SOME loss of resolution with this but it's not enough to make me take a star away. Here are a few examples of what this software has done for me!
review image review image review image
on April 26, 2015
Buyer beware!!! This is junk. You pay $60 for a green piece of cloth. The activation code provided for this bundle is not valid. You will receive an error saying the code is only valid for Photo Key 6 which u have to pay another $150 for. Worthless. Worst Purchase I have made on Amazon. Terrible!!
on November 1, 2015
I Received the replacement but the software til don't work. It like the same software before I exchange , I tell the serial code is use for Photo key 6, I don't understand the problem cause from the software and serial code or special set up, would you help me to solve out this problem or my money back. Please let me know by my email, cmtusa123@yahoo.com
on January 18, 2015
Disappointed after opening the package to realize that the software being included in this package is 3 years old or more, and the cd was deformed, likely due to its age. It will not run on windows 8 and there are no updates or support for it.
When buying a brand new item, one would hope that it would be a current version, not the case here

Basically if you buy this you are buying a very expensive green screen, as the software wont likely run on any current computer and no longer made.
Current version is 6 and there is no more light version
on November 20, 2015
Very easy to use. Will probably go buy another green screen there isnt much to work with with the one you get but no big deal. The code for the disk was for the Photo Key 6 so after contacting them they sent me this link to dl the photo key 6 to use my code with so basically you get 6 not 5. http://installers.fxhome.com.s3.amazonaws.com/FXhome_PhotoKey_Lite_6.0.0026_Installer_Westcott.exe
on August 31, 2015
The description of the product on the site was not what I received. I actually would have to pay for a 200.00 dollar upgrade to get all of the features described on your site. The disc include was not the correct product for the product key enclosed and I lost the money I paid for the product because once I downloaded it, I could not return it.
on January 27, 2016
This is ridiculous. I got photokey 5 software, the serial number they gave me is wrong and for another version (photo key 6) and it is essential to have-to finish installing! I can't do anything. The website it tells you to trouble shoot from doesn't even exist anymore . I tried to download photokey 6 from the internet to see if the serial number would work for it- and it says that the serial number is ALREADY IN USE. Are you joking? If I don't get this resolved ASAP- I want my money back!!!!
on January 13, 2014
Love love love it. So much fun and so easy to use. The green screen that comes with it is great and the software is so easy to use. So glad I bought this product.
on May 21, 2015
Worse ever. They serial number was wrong and did not work. This was a gift to my mom for mother's day and it didn't work. Thanks for nothing will not buy again.