Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on January 7, 2014
I was forced to purchase this book for a horrible online class, but in the end I enjoyed it so much, I kept it after class was over. The text was easily read, and had great flow. The authors presented the material in an interesting and absorbable fashion. It may be an older edition, but if you would like a great book about western civilization this is it. Enjoy it. I still do 3 years later.
on January 1, 2015
Tightly written college level text with no wasted words or wandering backstories. Yet the writing does not feel cramped or have a forced, condensed feel. Excellent choice for the young adult or advanced high school student reading of western civilization for the first time or the older adult looking to update their knowledge of western civilization gained years ago. Volume I covers from the Stone Age to the late 18th century. Volume II begins with 14th century (repeating the last five chapters of Vol. I for some reason) and taking the story of western civilization to the global era and terrorism of the early 21st century. Maps have just enough detail to aid in understand the shifting, jigsaw puzzle-like boundries of empires and nations from the Fertile Crescent nation-states 8,000 years ago to Eastern Europe at the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
on December 10, 2013
Read it for the classes as required and quite enjoyed it. Make sure to find original documents when the text references them to make sure it is what the book says it is. Challenge the book and the Professor ignoring facts from original documents.
on February 21, 2012
Decently priced for a text book. If you actually like to learn about history read this, but its not extremely developed. Like you learna bout Greece and Rome, but you can take an entire college class just on learning about all fo the Roman Empororers. I bought this for my college classs but I realized I liked it in general when I was hesitant in selling it after the course was over and done with. If you hate history, don't buy it unless its for college.
on September 24, 2011
I used this textbook for my Western Civilization course. I really enjoyed reading this textbook and recommend it (or later iterations) to anyone willing to learn more about Western History. This books is detailed in describing the origins of Western Traditions and begins in Mesopotamia.
on January 30, 2013
Western Civilizations is a textbook where you don't need extra information to understand the material; it's easy to comprehend, and the images catch your attention. It's best to jot some of what you read down as when it's time to test, you won't need to reread the chapters, which aren't very long but not very short either.

If your professor utilizes this textbook to write essays, this textbook isn't a good enough source despite its readability.

For educational purposes, this is a good textbook. To read on a personal level, it's not that interesting enough.
on July 26, 2010
This is one of the few text books that I actually enjoyed reading and decided to keep. The book does a great job covering a large span of history while providing a lot of information. If you need to purchase this for a class, like I did, I would recommend you look for a new copy or at least a copy in like new condition. If history interests you in any way you'll likely want to keep this book around to read after your finished with class.
on September 8, 2012
My book came on time and was in excellent condition and I am very happy with my order and would order from this company again.The product was not damaged in any way and was worn a little but I bought it used. The book was definetley worth the money I paid.
on December 10, 2012
Awesome book and exactly as described. I have been using it on daily basis without any problems. I would recommend this highly.
on March 24, 2013
The book came sooner then i expected. I was ready for class and loved the view i was able to gather from the text.