Western Digital hard drives with 8MB cache are designed to maximize desktop computer performance for activities requiring high-performance storage such as computer gaming, digital video editing, and file server applications. If you are a digital camera or MP3 enthusiast, this drive can deliver the storage capacity and performance you need to organize and preserve your digital life.
From the Manufacturer
WD Caviar SE hard drives are designed for maximum performance in applications such as computer gaming, digital video editing, and file servers. They deliver data faster than any hard drive in their class. Features
- 80 GB per platter -- State-of-the-art areal density and maximum capacity with drives as large as 160 GB.
- Ultra ATA/100 -- Up to 100 Mbps burst transfer rates.
- 8 MB cache buffer -- Fast data transfer rates.
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) technology -- improves hard drive reliability; reduces heat, vibration, and noise.
Data Protection Enhancements
- Data Lifeguard is an expanded set of data protection features that include shock protection, an environmental protection system, and embedded error detection and repair features that automatically find, isolate, and repair problem areas that may develop over the extended use of the hard drive. With these enhanced data reliability features, the drive can perform more accurate monitoring and error repair and deliver exceptional data security.
- Data Lifeguard Tools is a set of software utilities that work in conjunction with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation, drive management diagnostics, and repair simple and worry-free.
- Shock Guard provides outstanding improvements in shock and vibration protection for WD Caviar SE drives. Shock Guard allows instantaneous data protection at high shock values to achieve leading shock specifications.
- 160 GB capacity
- Rotational Speed: 7,200 RPM (nominal)
- Buffer Size: 8 MB
- Average Latency: 4.2 milliseconds (nominal)
- Contact Start/Stop Cycles: 50,000 minimum
- Read Seek Time (Average): 8.9 milliseconds
- Write Seek Time (Average): 10.9 milliseconds (average)
- Track-To-Track Seek Time: 2.0 milliseconds (average)
- Buffer To Disk: 748 Mbps (Max)
Product Package Contains
- Hard drive
- IDE cable
- Quick install guide
- Mounting screws
- Installation poster
- Data Lifeguard Tools installation software and utilities