Your label, your way.
Create your own label to remind you of what's stored on the drive. See it even when the drive is unplugged. Perfect for archiving data.
See your life safe in one place.
WD SmartWare software - A visual control center with a single screen view of all your data. From it you can back up, retrieve, and secure your files.
An extra level of security with password protection and 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
| || || |
| Features at a glance |
- Automatic, continuous backup
- WD SmartWare software
- Customizable e-label
- Password protection and hardware-based encryption
- 3-years limited warranty
Smart display - Create your own personalized drive label to remind you of what's stored on each drive. You can even view the label when the drive is unplugged. The display also includes available capacity and security status.
Smaller, sleeker, more streamlined design - We've made these award-winning drives even smaller, sleeker, and more elegant. As always, this book-like shape takes up minimal space on your desk and allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
WD SmartWare™ - A control center for your drive that gives you the power to:
-- Protect your data automatically - Relax, your data is secure. Automatic, continuous backup will instantly make a second copy whenever you add or change a file.
-- See your backup as it happens - Seeing is believing. Visual backup displays your content in categories and shows the progress of your backup.
-- Bring back lost files effortlessly - Retrieve your valuable data to its original location whether you’ve lost all your data or just overwritten an important file.
-- Take control - Customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics, manage the power settings, and more from the WD SmartWare control center.
Find out more about WD SmartWare™
Drive lock - Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
USB 2.0 interface - A simple connection that offers convenience and compatibility among multiple computers.
Power miser - My Book external drives are designed to save energy. WD GreenPower Technology™ lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%, a sleep mode reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer.
Ready to plug-and-play with Windows PCs -If you're a Mac user, check out our My Book Studio drive with a high-speed FireWire 800 connection.
Planet friendly - We designed a small box from recycled materials to minimize waste. We encourage you to recycle it.
- Protecting your data with automatic, continous backup
- Retrieving lost data effortlessly
- Identifying what's on your drive even when it's unplugged. Perfect for archiving.
- Securing private or sensitive data
Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7
Mac OS® X Tiger®, Leopard®, Snow Leopard™ (requires reformatting)
What's in the box
External hard drive, WD SmartWare software, USB cable, AC adapter, Quick Install Guide.
Backup software you'll really use - WD SmartWare
Five great reasons to love it:
1. It's easy - Data backup can be a chore, but it's your family photos, your movies, your music - your life - and it's important to protect it. So we made this software extra easy because we really want you to use it.
| || |
2. You can see your life safe in one place -
See your content displayed in easy to understand categories like movies and photos. Watch the progress of your backup as it happens with the instant-feedback color bars. Now you can truly be sure that all your stuff is backed up.
- A unique visual interface lets you see the drives connected to your computer.
- WD SmartWare will automatically scan your computer and find all of your personal files, including e-mail.
- Content category gauges show how much information you have to be backed up in each category. You can even mouse over a category to see a file count.
- Simply click Run Backup and WD SmartWare will automatically start backing up your files.
- As your backup is running the category gauges will change color showing you the backup as it happens.
- When finished, you'll see a status screen and information about your backup. You only have to do this once. After the first backup your files will be backed up automatically every time you change or add a file.
| || |
3. It's always on the job - WD SmartWare is always watching your computer, so when you change a file and save it, create new files, add new pictures, movies, or songs, WD SmartWare will instantly back them up.
4. You can bring back lost files effortlessly - If you ever accidentally delete an important file, or need to get an earlier version of a file, you can find and retrieve it in seconds with this easy-to-use interface.
- Restore files and folders by categories – photos, music, video, for example.
- Find a lost file with the search function.
- Go back in time to retrieve an older version of a file.
5. You're in control - WD SmartWare software is also a control center for your external drives. From it you can:
- Customize your backup
- Set drive security
- Run diagnostics
- Manage the power settings, and more...