4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for Passport Drives
Published on October 5, 2011 by I.Peters

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Digital My Passport carrying case
Published on July 11, 2011 by JLL

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Digital My Passport carrying case, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Western Digital My Passport Carrying Case - Black (Personal Computers)
The material of the carrying case is a huge disappointment. I purchased an earlier version of the Passport external drive and the associated carrying case was made of a sturdy material, appropriately described as a carrying case. This carrying "case" should be described as a pocket. It is made of soft material and appears to offer only scratch protection to the external drive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB!, August 8, 2011
This case is too small to fit WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB hard drive along with its cord. Only the hard drive fits well, but the cord doesn't in any way. Its also very thin with poor material.
I would not recommend this case!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor material, will not protect the HDD, July 21, 2011
The material is almost cloth and will offer no protection whatsoever. I made a mistake purchasing this. It doesnt hold the cable too well either and fear that it will tear due to the cable. Give this a skip.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, May 17, 2012
I expected a hard case that would offer some protection for my 1TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive. Instead, I found a soft cloth case; getting the hard drive to actually fit in the case with the cable included with the hard drive was a struggle. The cable bulged through the covering and zipping around it took some careful work. I'm not sure what value such a case has for a device of this size. It certainly isn't going to protect the hard drive from trauma. Maybe it just keeps it from collecting dust(?). I should have returned it. But because of the paperwork and low cost, I discarded it and bought an appropriate protective case for my hard drive elsewhere for about the same price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for Passport Drives, October 5, 2011
Nice, ultra-portable pouch for my Western Digital My Passport Essential 320 GB External Hard Drive (Real Red). The case is made out of a stretchy yet protective material although in my personal opinion the material could be a bit thicker, thus not 5 stars. The advantage of it being thin, however, is that the case is extremely portable and adds very little bulk to the drive, making it ideal for travel or commuting.

Another nice feature: The case features an internal, open mesh pouch to accommodate the USB cable. So - a lot of usefulness in such a small case. Would buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital My Passport Carrying Case review, August 18, 2011
if you are looking for something that would protect your external upon fall this is definitely not the product for you. Don't even know why they still make soft cases for external harddrives. Also external is very crammed into it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much money, August 24, 2011
This case is only good for carrying the hard drive itself. The USB cable when in with the hard drive is a big look. There are other cases that are for the same mony that will fit and look better. I think this case should come free when you buy the passport itself.This case is only to keep the scratches off of you passport if it falls it will not be good.Just check out other cases before you choose 1 to buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, July 9, 2011
What I like about the case is that it fits the My Passport harddrive and a USB cable inside it. If it were about 1/4 to 1/2" shorter on each side it would fit great, but as it is the case is a little bigger than the drive. The case is soft; I'd trust it to protect the drive in my bag but not in a drop. Overall I'm happy with it thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case/ Sleeve, January 9, 2013
JP (Burlington, VT USA) - See all my reviews
This case fits the product described very well and offers reasonable protection - the pictures of the product showed this well. It was made specifically for the WD My Passport SE 750 GB/ 1TB editions. I'm not sure how the non-SE version would fit, seeing as it's a little larger.

I have seen other reviews criticize this product for not being exactly as described, and they are valid - it is more of a thick protective sleeve rather than a case. The main benefit is strong scratch protection - the case is incredibly soft (but durable). It's not great protection for placing the case in a pile, stack, or anywhere it's under pressure, as it's still potentially vulnerable to hard bumps, and drops.

The case has a divider for a USB cable. Adding the cable makes the fit within the case a little tight, but still well within reasonable limits. What I like about this case/ sleeve is that is is very compact, even with the USB cable packet into it - I can carry the hard drive around almost any of my pockets.

Furthermore, the zipper is intelligently shielded from the hard drive to avoid scratching the hard drive.

Amazon offers a third party case meant to give more protection. The fit is a little looser, and there is more space. The shell is hard, and offers much more protection bump and drop protection (although I've never done a durability test myself), but sacrifices the minimal size that this case offers. Overall I am pleased with and would recommend both cases.

In spite of the criticisms (and my agreeing with them), I still strongly prefer this case because of the small size. This case suites all of my basic protection needs. I am very pleased with it and would recommend it to others. It well deserves 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too soft, not big enough for my passport 1tb.., March 27, 2012
This is a nice scratch protector, but if you are looking for something that actually protects your item from internal damage via a fall etc..this is horrible. It does not fit the USB cord, and it barely fits my passport 1 tb. It is made of soft material, and I would return it but the return shipping would cost more than this piece of crap is worth.

Western Digital My Passport Carrying Case - Black