Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on April 24, 2013
Was looking to trade up from my old big clunker of a tube TV to a new streamlined flat screen, and after all the investigating (there were hours of it) I decided on this Westinghouse 40'. It was the cheapest in it's category, and out of all the stores and web sites I tried. The only other place who had it for $299.00 was Best Buy, but on Amazon I got to save myself the $20.00 in tax ( I live in Taxachussetts). I have had it for over a month now with no issues so far. There were a lot of reviews that mentioned issues with the volume, I have no problem with my volume not being loud or good enough. With all that said, I would recommend this as a good TV to invest in at a very cheap price. Not top of the line, but has everything that the top of the line televisions do. Good luck in your choice.
on April 17, 2013
Great TV right out of the box. Nice screen and perfect size for media presentation at work. Would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced HDTV
on July 16, 2013
I purchased this TV from someone other than Amazon. The TV arrived with a non working IR sensor out of the box. Neither my "cable company" remote or the "new TV's remote" would turn the TV on/off or adjust the volume - something my cable technician said was a bad IR sensor - for sure. The box states you are supposed to contact the manufacturer, not the reseller - and I did. On a Saturday - no technicians were available. On Monday, Westinghouse's customer service representatives insisted that I try a new TV remote - which would arrive in 5-7 business days by regular mail. No surprize - when it arrived it didn't work either. So Westinghouse wanted me to box up the TV and send it back for a replacement (5-7 more days) and they would send me a replacement TV (another 5-7 more days). Fortunately the reseller took pitty on me and accepted the return of the TV. The good news to report is that I thought the the TV was a good buy and the HD picture was pretty good. The knock is on the manufacturer and how they handle customer problems. There will be no Westinghouse products in my home any time soon.
on October 6, 2014
Don't know too much about technical aspects of tvs, but for our purposes works very well. Only two things that could be better--plastic trim is very glossy, shiny, not a thin trim as well--gets annoying if you have a lot of sunlight coming in our room (we have to get blinds someday!) and the screen reflects some light, which can be annoying as well. We just have to work on our lighting setup in our den.
on August 18, 2014
You can pick this up for around $300 new most places. It features plenty of ports for all of your connected media. Picture quality is stunning with an excellent color reproduction and wide contrast range. Hard, black lines, such as those in cartoons, can sometimes cause a small amount of ghosting. All-in-all, this TV is fantastic, and worth every penny you pay for it.
on August 31, 2015
I bought thinking I was getting a great deal. You get what you pay for. It was in a pristine box yet the screen was caved in. Junky.
review image
on June 21, 2013
This is one of the best values on Amazon. It looks great, good sound and the picture is fantastic, All the hook up options make it perfect for Kindle, I pad, or Laptop. Thanks!
on July 10, 2013
I purchased this for my parents as a gratitude give for have such nice parents. The have a small den. Works perfect for them. They love it.
Buy it. You'll love it.
on June 9, 2013
Was looking for an inexpensive shop tv for my husband. This served the purpose very well with no problems or issues.
on November 7, 2013
This seems to be very good. Good picture and the price was great. Had an LG and it only lasted less than 4 years.