5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV - Excellent Brand
Let me start off by saying that this is my 4th Westinghouse TV(monitor). I've spent this last year replacing all of the CRTs in my house with flat panels (as opposed to "flat screens" which usually indicates bulky CRT/tube TVs). The logic was, I wanted to get rid of the weight and the bulkiness of the CRTs and I definitely wanted to upgrade to the High Definition...
Published on November 24, 2006 by DFW Book Lover

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the Westinghouse warranty before you buy...
No more Westinghouse products for me. I ordered this monitor from J&R for $1199. After about 6 months thick, black, vertical lines appear on the screen. Westinghouse customer support tells me to ship to Santa Fe Springs, CA for about $250 including packaging or deliver to nearest service center at 300 miles roundtrip. I chose to drive the thing to Tempe, AZ. A week...
Published on October 25, 2007 by Que Que

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything it needs, nothing it doesn't, January 19, 2007
This review is from: Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37-Inch 1080p LCD Video Monitor (Electronics)
Multiple inputs, great picture, great price, 1080p. No built in tuner, but who cares? Hook a cable or satellite box to it and you are good to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, January 14, 2007
Don (Camp Hill, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
I have had TV over 4 weeks and I like it very much. I don't have HD service so I can't rate the picture in HD. I have satellite service and the digital picture I receive (480 I) is not bad, very good as I see it. Good enough for me to take my time deciding which HD service to subscribe to. The set looks great, no problems, and the remote works fine. There are plenty of connections available. the satellite box is hooked up s video (no HDMI or component connections). I have a upscale dvd player (Sony) hooked up with HDMI and it is near HD....it upscales to 1080i and the picture is near HD. I don't game play or intend to use it for a computer monitor but who knows. I think this set is an excellent buy at $1000, I don't have any additional insurance hoping for the best. I wouldn't think of giving it up...no buyers remorse here.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 years and counting, April 25, 2012
I have had this unit since 2008 xmas. Only few issues:

1)Vga sync rate is below 60Hz
2)I have a bit of burn in where I watch 4:3 aspect ratio television.
3)Only 1 Hdmi connector.
4) Built in speaker are weak and inaccurate. (Not a big issue I use the home theater sound system.)

Otherwise this thing has been great and I still would recommend to anyone of a low budget.
You people who got DOA units. Might want to blame delivery issues where they belong the retailer and the shipping company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value in HDTV now, April 12, 2007
This is a great, great TV. Image quality is much higher than I thought (much better than any in-store demo on any model, with high-quality signal such as Discovery HD (on cable via HDMI)). Great set of inputs, and no tuner which you likely don't need. Great for cable, gaming, and hooking up your Mac to. I really shopped around and bought with some trepidation, but I have zero regrets. No dead pixels, no problems, and reasonably cheap. Go Westinghouse! (I can't believe I have an "American" TV, either; that's probably a first for me.)

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!, March 29, 2007
O. Arias (Northridge, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
I was curious on buying this TV oh wait this is a Monitor not a TV, you will need a cable box or a satellite receiver because this Monitor does not have a tuner. I don't really care for the tuner to begin with so think you can connect an antenna and call it a day nope they did not include the connection that uses the cable with the twisted tip that is ancient get over it people.

I just connect my HD Dish Box to this and it looks amazing, I like that the connections are on the side they make my job a lot easier I have a different LCD and the connections are on the bottom like most of the flat panel's I have a hard time to connect that way. This LCD has a Backlight control that is very great, I usually have it on Zero I really don't need to have it on high it's really not necessary but don't confuse this feature with brightness that is totally different. The PIP is great I can monitor one and watch another the only problem is that you cannot change the position of the PIP it only stays on the bottom right corner.

The LCD has all the inputs that I need 2 DVI with audio inputs, HDMI, 2 Component sets, a S-Video and regular composite or the Yellow connection but what I found odd was that the S-Video and the composite share the audio wich is really disapointing, and also a VGA with audio inputs. So wether you want to connect this to watch TV, play video games, or connect to a computer you are set. The control is ok but I use a Universal for this LCD but when I need to use it I have it there ready to go, I don't know why the control has numbers since there is no tuner built in ....?... I did found out that the control works on a Sony TV if you need a replacement.

I like that the control has the direct to inputs so you can switch from one input to the other without going through one by one, but sometimes you really don't need use those buttons to switch from one input to the other because the TV has a very cool feature called Auto Switch mode. So for example you are watching TV via Composite (Yellow cable) and you turn on your XBOX 360 like I do, your LCD detects the input and switches to it like magic, it pretty much works with every input but I have a problem when I use the DVI2 input it won't switch to that input but that's probably my Dish box and not the input.

Also the 1080p on this LCD is great I have my PS3 connected to it via HDMI and it's just amazing I have not seen a dead pixel and would not want to see one anytime soon, the detail when you watch HD content either from you High Def movies or Video Games are just as good as buying a LCD twice the price of this one, you will me happy with this LCD. I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal for the Price, March 3, 2007
I loved the picture of this model the first time I saw it compared to the other higher priced LCD's, it's a good deal for the price. My sister and her husband bought a high-end Sony LCD, came over my house on a visit and saw my Westinghouse and went out and bought one for their bedroom. I haven't had a drop of trouble with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., January 10, 2007
John Welch (in the world?) - See all my reviews
TV works well. I only have cable HD-DVR supplying the HD signal fo tv viewing so I can't speak for any other use such as PC or game. I would definitely by it again when the price comes back down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality for the money, January 14, 2007
Sound quality is a bit low but for the money, this is a quality purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars no complaints ..., May 16, 2007
Todd A. Stevens (Apple Valley, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I've had this screen for over 6 months now - still no complaints!

In fact - I'm really pleased the various inputs - multiple DVI connectors and an HDMI in addition to others that I don't regularly use allow me to use this monitor with a laptop, a desktop and an old xbox.

My only caution would be to cross your fingers on the shipping - as a big ticket item, UPS will insist on a signature and ID. If you are not at home to sign for it, you will have to go pick it up. That's not an issue unless you have a small car - the box for this monitor barely fit in my backseat.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK TV, lousy customer service, January 31, 2008
J. Chien (Rochester, MN) - See all my reviews
I have this for about 3 months. I use it mainly as computer monitor. Picture quality is good, but customer service is quite lousy. There is no firmware update or no plan for firmware update. One of the deficiencies with this unit is inability to save some of the settings. You will have to set the primary and secondary video sources every time you use PIP. I called customer service, and was told if that is what I have to do, that is what I will have to do every time!! If you have no plan of using customer service, this is probably for you.

Rate and Discover Movies