5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Generator, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Westinghouse WH7000EC 8,500 Watt 420cc Gas Powered Portable Generator With Electric Start (CARB Compliant) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I purchased the generator from Costco with a $200.00 rebate. Delivery was drop ship on time and in good condition. Assembly took a few minutes...the generator includes a small tool kit. After adding the oil and some gasoline, the generator started up on the first try with the electric start. I ran it for about 15 minutes...plugged in a couple of different loads with no problems. I shut down generator drained gas out and will store it until needed. Also, it's not as loud as some other gas generators. I reccommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Away Honda!, September 28, 2012
This generator outpasses the Honda generator. Starts well, well made, looks durable and price is just right. The customer service is very helpful. I also bought a TV from their company which I have not had any problems so far. Would definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, July 15, 2012
I just got it going today ran a worm saw and a te80. Works great, but loud plan to build a sound proof enclosure for it, and adding a vw muffler to quiet it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Westinghouse 7000 portable generator, June 10, 2012
I researced this product alot and called westinghouse with lots of questions. They were great in calling me back and helping me. The generator got here and started right up. So far has been a great generator. Lot of power! Thanks westinghouse! John and Pamela Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, October 21, 2013
Elphy 2 (Kingston, WA) - See all my reviews
I got this from Costco online for 700 dollars and free delivery. Delivery was iffy...driver said he usually delivers small packages so he had no hand truck or lift on the van. This generator weighs 200 pounds so the two of us wrestled it to the ground and into my garage. From there on it was a breeze. Not a mark on it from shipping as it was really packed well. Easy to put on the wheels and handle..hooked up battery and filled with oil and some gas and hit the starter. First turn it started. I practiced with it a few days and then hooked it to the house via the transfer switch I had professionally installed. It ran anything and everything in the house and no engine dipping with added load...it just ran smooth as silk. It is a little noisy but no more than expected from a 420 cc engine. I can hardly wait for next power outage. I am now looking for a source for air filter and such to have on hand. I don't find them on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Generator, November 26, 2013
I got this generator when my previous unit finally bit the dust. It was 14 years old and continually stored outdoors, so I can't complain. That one was only 3500 watts, so this baby is twice the capacity. That means I will be able to utilize more circuits in my house. The unit was extremely easy to put together, it started immediately, and produced power very well. My only complaint is that it isn't as quiet as other reviews might indicate. Yes, it's quieter than my old unit, but not by much. Of course, my wife reminds me that this one is twice the power so it couldn't be that quiet. The key is placing it as far as possible from the house, then the noise drops off tremendously. The reason I had to get this 7000EC rather than the 7500EC is because I live in California and we are a CARB compliant state. Oh well -- costs a little more but at least we're doing something about the environment. Highly recommended.

Rate and Discover Movies