5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra cheap microwave with digital controls, turntable
This microwave is part of the wave of cheaper basic appliances being shipped from newer, cheaper factories in Asia. It does everything you would expect from a small microwave today -- digital controls, turntable, acceptable power, one-touch popcorn.
It doesn't have a sensor.
Published on April 10, 2004 by Steven Dennis

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty lame!
Pros: (1) inexpensive (2) good size for kitchens with limited space (3) sufficient power for basic purposes.

Published on February 12, 2006 by Joot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra cheap microwave with digital controls, turntable, April 10, 2004
This review is from: Westinghouse WST3504 .6 Cubic Foot Microwave, White (Kitchen)
It doesn't have a sensor.
I bought one of these for the office and it has gotten a workout over the past several months. It frequently can be had on special for under thirty smackers, which make it essentially the same price as a good quality toaster, and an absolute bargain.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!!!!, September 14, 2004
I have had this micorwave for over five months now and not one complaint! You really can not go wrong with this. It's less than 50$ and works as good as you need it to. Cooks anything justa s well as any microwave and is easy to clean. I reccommend this item to anyone looking for a reliable microwave. Its size makes it easy to fit in my apt without taking up too much room too.

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty lame!, February 12, 2006

Cons: (1) What kind of idiots in this day and age can't make a digital clock that keeps time? I see from other reviews I that it's not just me. Mine loses about 15 minutes per month. (2) The beep is freaking loud. Often I stop it with 1 second left because I can't stand the 5 beeps it does when it's done. (3) With other microwaves the "Add 1 minute" feature means add one minute WHILE the microwave is running. Some foods like popcorn get messed up if you interrupt the cooking, and that feature is great for when you realize it isn't cooking long enough. On THIS microwave, "Add 1 minute" only works when the microwave is NOT running, which in my opinion defeats the purpose. It is misleading for them to claim it has a "minute add" feature, when it is not the same feature as the rest of the microwave universe.

Overall I do not recommend this product unless you are looking for the bottom of the line, cheapest smallest microwave.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Defective Design, February 8, 2006
STAY AWAY from this product.

The first one I got couldn't keep time properly -- on a digital clock! It was slow, and lost a lot of time.

I returned it to Target and got a new one. It had the same problem. I finally gave up and used it as it was. I never liked the super loud beeping sound it would make as you press a button, though. Too loud.

Now, the Microwave broke completely (won't run), and I'm having to send it back for a replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable first microwave for small apartments, cheapskates, July 24, 2005
A good "first" microwave. I haven't had any problems with it, except sometimes the turntable is pushed off the wheels, and the plastic over the "start" button has become a bit damaged - things I suspect have more to do with my roommates than anything inherent in the product.

Don't expect too much, but if you can get it for a good price (mine was under $30) - go for it.

PROS:

Cheap, efficent.

Small enough to fit into tiny kitchens.

CONS:

Not incredibly durable.

Too small for big meals (although it will fit a full-size dinner plate comfortably).

If you're like me, and you just need something cheap and fast, without worrying about roommates abusing it or it hogging your whole kitchen, go for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage! ZERO STARS!!!!, November 17, 2005
I ordered this Microwave from JcPenney earlier this year. Three weeks after receiving it, the d@mn thing started making a loud, I mean a VERY loud humming noise and had a burning smell coming from the back of it. I found that to be strange especially since I'd only used it twice and the rest of the time I kept it unplugged.

I contacted Westinghouse they told me to send it back and they would send me a replacement. I thought great! That was easy!! NOT!!!!

After recieving the replacement, that too went KAPUT!! Burning smell and VERY loud humming noise. Once again I called Westinghouse and asked them if they'd mailed me back the same microwave I had just sent them?!? After arguing with "customer service" I finally called Jcpenney, They told me to send it back to them and they would refund my money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and works fine, July 15, 2005
It's small and compact and does all of the things a microwave should do. The extras like popcorn, soup, beverage automatic heating options are handy little add-ons. The timing seems to be perfect when using the defrost as well. I read other reviews about the loud beeping noises it makes, it may be a little louder than other microwaves, but for me that is a good thing as a mother if I'm in another room taking care of the kids or doing something I can hear when the microwave is done heating. That has been great to be able to leave the kitchen if I'm going to be heating something for 10 minutes or more and to know when it's done by hearing the beep. For an office that requires quiet, I don't suppose that is an attractive thing. It's not really THAT loud, but louder than most microwaves. It works fine, it's compact and sleek looking, and I am enjoying it. So far, so good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay basic microwave but low power, June 28, 2006
I replaced a very old microwave with this one and am basically happy with it for the price I paid. However, I have found that it does not seem as powerful as my old microwave. I mainly use it to reheat things, so it's not a big deal. But I have yet to get a FULL bag of popcorn from it. It also takes a bit longer than the directions say on most all frozen dinners. I hope to replace this one with a more powerful model and maybe save this one for my son to take to college. For those who've complained about the ADD ONE MINUTE feature not working ... it does work, but the cooking time left has to be less than one minute when you press the ADD ONE MINUTE button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I'd Expect, March 21, 2006
This Microwave for me has worked perfectly for what we use this one for. Everything from popping an full bag of popborn to entirerly heating food. i dont like the loud noisey buttons, thats not an distraction thou. great item

4.0 out of 5 stars Brave Little Microwave..., December 3, 2006
I've had this microwave for three years. I got it at Target for [..] dollars.

It can't tell time. It doesn't heat up food very fast. It makes a loud humming noise while it heats up food. When it gets done heating your food, it makes an incredibly loud beeping sound that you can't turn off. There isn't a whole lot of room inside the microwave. The glass turntable is wobbly and unstable.

But if you're like me, this microwave meets the only two requirements that matter. It heats up my food and it doesn't break.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›