4.0 out of 5 stars Cute for kids 3-6.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:18 Mins
This is the little toy dog in action, along with my real dogs' reactions to it. Enjoy! :)
Published on January 11, 2010 by B. Schmidt

3.0 out of 5 stars Retailer to the Rescue
Chi-Chi The Chihuahua Puppy Walking Barking Dog

This is a vote of confidence not so much for poor Chi-Chi but for Jo Flora and the Garden Party Tea store.

Published on July 14, 2008 by Arthur Walzer

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute for kids 3-6., January 11, 2010
This review is from: Chi-Chi Chihuahua (Toy)
Length:: 0:18 Mins

3.0 out of 5 stars Retailer to the Rescue, July 14, 2008
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Chi-Chi The Chihuahua Puppy Walking Barking Dog

Chi-Chi was all that she was advertised to be and my 2 year old granddaughter loved her faux pet. But alas, after only 3 days Chi-Chi lost all mobility and even a battery transplant did not resuscitate her. My granddaughter was very disappointed.

Through Amazon, I contacted Garden Party Tea. Jo Flora responded immediately by email. She offered a new Chi-Chi no questions asked. But alas her supplier was out of stock so she immediately sent me a check for the full price of the toy, including mailing! And I didn't even have to send Chi Chi back.

I don't know what happened to Chi-Chi. She is not a particularly fragile toy, and I am not suggesting the toy not be purchased. (I will buy a replacement if they become available.). But of course the real story is the great service from Amazon and from Garden Party Tea. I will continue to shop with both.

Arthur Walzer
St. Paul, MN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great substitute for real chihuahua for nursing home patient, January 8, 2009
We gave this cute little dog to an elderly relative in a nursing home who has Parkinson's and some dementia. He no longer can have a real Chihuahua but finds this little barking, moving toy dog both entertaining and cuddly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chihuaha toy pet, November 17, 2008
Allison Alejo (yuma, az United States) - See all my reviews
My five year old twins wanted nothing more than "Real" Chihuahas for their birthday. since that was not in the cards we got them the Mechanical Chihuahas. They both loved the dog and it has held up well over the last 3 weeks. Since it seems durable I am going to assume it will continue to last.

4.0 out of 5 stars ChiChi!, July 6, 2007
sha2000 "sha2000" (Trophy Club, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The next best thing to having to adopt an actual Chihuahua for my 4yr old. Cute toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars mechanical walking chihuahua dog toy, December 27, 2008
As it walks and barks, there is mechanical noise, but the look of the chihuahua is realistic, and the fur is good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun dog!, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Chi-Chi Chihuahua (Toy)
My daughter LOVES dogs, and would love to have one, but this is as close as we're getting. It walks and barks, and she thinks it's the greatest thing ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves this toy, but it's not so durable, June 27, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
My baby (1 year old) adores animals, and this little doggie was one of her pets for some time (short time:)until the dog stopped barking (more like meowing) and stopped moving, too. Then the legs goe broken and so on... Honestly, this is the exact quality I would expect for 8 US.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not going to last, January 13, 2013
Tiffany Clark (Milpitas, Ca. United States) - See all my reviews
I was disappointed when I received the Chi chi Chihuahua. It was smaller than I expected and doesn't have a bark like sound. After being annoyed by the toy it just sits up on my desk.
It is definitely NOT worth the 10.00 I paid for it. Its more like a 5.00 flea market toy. Its cute but that is about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lil dog, December 26, 2007
Amanda (California) - See all my reviews
My 3 yr old loves it. It's pretty cute, walks around and is simply adorable with the kitten. Couldn't find these anywhere in the stores and the price is great.

Chi-Chi Chihuahua