Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Weston Deluxe Electric Pasta Machine
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 4, 2010
I bought this Roma Express Electric Pasta Machine at the end of May, 2010. I used it once in May and it worked fine. I only made a small amount of pasta at that time. I used it yesterday, August 3rd for the second time. I am sorry to say that it just stopped in the middle of my pasta making. I cannot believe that only after using this machine twice that the motor burned out. I tried letting it rest for a while to see if it would start again. No such luck. The motor burned out after only using this new Electric Pasta Machine twice. I can't send it back because I through away the box after it's first use. I just want others to know that they should save their money on this machine. I have another electric pasta machine that is over ten years old that I gave to my daughter. I had to borrow it back yesterday.
44 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2009
Really cute machine and built well but man is it sloooow! Wow, you can hand crank much faster and easier than this little machine. Great for home use only.
on December 5, 2011
I have been making noodles for years and thought that a motorized machine was the way to go.I was tired of cranking and my back would bother me after a while.The Roma Express Electric Pasta Machine worked on the first smooth rollers to get the pasta thin enough for noodle cutting,but when I went to cut the noodles, the dough would go through the noodle cutting rollers but the dough was not cut into noodles.The dough had marks in it where it should have been cut but was not cut.I was able to pull the dough apart and get noodles but this left a lot of noodles torn.I thought that maybe the dough was to wet,so I waited until the dough the dough was dryer.The dryer dough would not go through the noodle cutting rollers,it felt like it had no gripping action to catch the rollers.I am sure that there is a middle ground for noodle dry to moist.I was so looking forward to not having to crank my noodle machine,that's the way NaNa did it, and she never complained.Sometime the old ways are better.
on November 3, 2010
It's slow. It's loud. Most of all, the roller snapped on me after in home use less than half a year.
on March 13, 2012
Do NOT buy this machine! I had to give it one star because amazon will not accept none. The rollers clog constantly, destroying your pasta and your patience! There is no way to get to them other than a complete dis-assembly, which I am not willing to do every time I use it-taking off the side covers does not give you access to the rollers, nor will removal of either plate. Very poorly engineered, very frustrating. It now resides in my garbage can where it belongs, I'm going back to my hand cranked machine.
on March 10, 2013
I used it twice per week for about a year before it stopped to work. I opened the bottom cover, tried to repair and saw it was made of PLASTIC gearwheels inside and got a lot of broken teeth. No wonder it was a short living stuff. From the money point of view, it maybe ok, consider it only cost me for about $1 per usage. But I feel so guilty to produce such a big heavy junk for the earth. I could not imagine how the factory choose plastic as the materiel for such heavy duty gearwheels. To built to fail? it's a shame.
on February 27, 2012
I bought the Weston Express Electric Pasta Machine as a Christmas gift for my son. The machine is very attactive and he was initially pleased. Unfortunately, the machine was used twice before it stopped working. This was a very disappointing purchase. I would caution anyone buying a pasta machine not to fall for looks. Read reviews!!
on April 17, 2013
It looks good, but arrived right from box with uneven feet & not enough power to do what was needed
on March 24, 2014
As soon as I first turned on the machine it made a horrible screeching noise. Worked for one batch and then another noise and the rollers stopped turning but the screeching continued. I think I will go and buy the old fashioned crank pasta maker,.
on June 8, 2013
DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE - YOU'LL ONLY BE ABLE TO USE IT ONCE. Made pasta the first time and it worked great although the cleaning brush that came with it came apart and the ravioli wheel broke first time using that... The second time I went to use it we couldn't get the motor to turn on at all. No help from manufacturer. Paid over $100 for a single use?! GARBAGE.