5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Evenly-Sized Burger Easily
This burger press works as decribed. My kids eat burgers by the ton, but the cheaper "100% beef patties" are 50% fat! I use a better quality hamburger and add some filler to keep the fat content and price down. I think the uniform size cooks more evenly.

Published on May 26, 2010 by Sandra Follansbee

2.0 out of 5 stars A Step Down From an Earlier Model
I own an earlier model of the Weston Burger Express and I really like it but I thought that the spring-loaded release would be an improvement. Perhaps it is 'improved', but the fault of this model lies in the adjustment screw. The earlier model has the burger size (1/4", 3/8" etc) stamped on the inside post; the new one does not include this feature. That is too bad as...
Published on April 20, 2009 by Daniel F. Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Evenly-Sized Burger Easily, May 26, 2010
This review is from: Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press with Patty Ejector (Kitchen)

The spring that ejects the burger helps maintain their shape. I would suggest using "patty paper" on the top AND bottom of the burger. This prevents residue from the meat getting on the press, and makes the frozen patties easier to separate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy use Burger Press, May 26, 2010
I have the cheapie plastic burger press (handheld) and it was a waste of $5.00. This Weston unit is a different story. If you put the wax burger papers down first and then add the meat, you end up with a perfect burger. The dial thickness is great to adjust the patty thickness. Easy to use, easy to dis-assemble and clean. A great product. You definately need to use the individual cut papers on the bottom - plus this makes stacking your burgers (and getting them apart later) much better. My wife and I pressed out 6 pounds of burger meat in less than 10 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic if you make your own burgers, June 29, 2009
We had experimented with making our own hamburgers without any "hamburger press" = then we tried several inexpensive presses but it was to labor intensive. I went on Amazon to see what else was available and saw several = however they were all well over $100.00. Since there are only my husband & I we wouldn't be making enough hamburgers to justifying the price.
Then we saw = Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press with Patty Ejector = decided to try it since it was only $30.00, and were very much surprised at the ease with which we were able to make the hamburgers. Put a piece of waxed paper under and over the burger = press and you have a perfect hamburger ready to bag and freeze. Well worth the price. Only problem is DON'T FORGET THE WAXED PAPER.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Press, October 16, 2012
Since you can adjust the thickness that's a plus, I like my sausage thinner than my burgers. Do you need the ejector? Well if you are like me and sometimes forget to put the paper on top YES. Haaaa Otherwise it will be a lot harder to get the pattie out. You can also use the ejector to press some if you didn't use enough meat and don't want to peel off the top paper. You can add meat by peeling the paper off though, then repressing. If adding meat put it near the area that doesn't have enough and it will help keep it from squeezing out around the edges. Do use the paper both top and bottom to make cleanup easier. Also the Weston paper, like most for this use, is waxed only on one side so remember to put that side against the meat to avoid sticking after frozen. That will be the shiney side of the paper and all face the same way in the box. Have the meat chilled when pressing, so when it freezes it doesn't stick to the paper, (not as much liquid/thin grease). I generally peel the paper away from the edges a little so it comes off easier later too. If you put in too much meat and it does squeeze out the sides, leave the press closed and use your finger to remove the excess, then open the press. As an old retired guy I enjoy using the thing and I don't pick a time when I have to rush things. Hope this helps someone.

4.0 out of 5 stars burger press, March 31, 2010
This burger press was exactly what I expected and is doing a fine job. I can now be more consistent in portioning. I have found that if you place the wax sheets (I cut out my own - the cost of a box of pre-cut papers and having them shipped is absolutely absurd!!!!) on the top and bottom of the patty before your press it, the patty is much easier to remove and is ready for use or storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 22, 2011
Brad Weiss (Ellicott City, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
Lots of advice from previous reviews. Use the wax paper. On first use, I created 5 lbs of hamburgers in less that 15 minutes. Very easy to clean up. My only issue is the adjustment mechanism took a couple of minutes to figure out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Uniform Burgers, July 13, 2012
I bought this for my husband, the grill-meister, but I love using it too. Easily produces uniform shape burgers in half the time of hand forming (ok, this is an estimate, I didn't actually time it!). I am more compulsive about it, so I actually use the digital scale to weigh the burger before pressing, but my husband just grabs burger and rolls a bunch of balls, slightly larger than golf balls, and lines them up on a cutting board. Then, as quick as he can pick up the wax paper squares (a MUST), drop the ball on the press, close, and give it a small press, he's done. We buy burger in bulk to save money, and he can process the entire package very quickly. Freezing the burgers in stacks with the waxed paper dividers (did I say this is a MUST?) makes taking individual burgers out to throw on the grill quick and easy too. One tip, you don't have to press hard once you've closed the top down, that's just to give it a little compacting. The first few times he pushed with all his strength, burger pushed out the sides. A slight tap is all you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little gadget, June 15, 2010
Dolores A. Shuster (West Palm Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this patty maker because my family likes smaller burgers. Tried it on the smallest setting and it worked great. Did remember to put paper in. Cut waxed paper from the roll--too much work--will buy already cut sheets.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~Very Handy~, May 4, 2011
I bought this so I could make my own hamburger patties mixing in my favorite ingredients...I love it! I bought some ground chuck on sale earlier today, mixed in some McCormicks Seasoning, made some round balls and they came out perfectly. I read another review on here before I bought this and I too cut my own wax paper squares which is a TON CHEAPER. Lay one square down, then the rounded meat, then another wax square, smash and it comes out perfect. I stacked and froze mine in a tupperware container so I can take out what I need...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little burger press, May 11, 2011
Having only used a little Tupper Ware type press before, I was pleased when I found a well made and substantial press when it arrived. Do not take seriously any claim that it has a non-stick surface. It doesn't. Save yourself time and a clean up and use wax paper for the top and bottom of each patty. And no need to buy pre cut wax paper sheets. Store bought rolls are easily and cheaply cut to size. Just remember to cut a sheet for each patty and one more for the last patty. All in all, I am as satisfied with this kitchen tool as any I have bought.
It's worth the price