5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and easy to fit
Published 19 months ago by Helke u. Thorsten Schmermund

This was used in my home to cut french fries. I would like to try another because this one may have had an unusual problem. I will try to get a warranty replacement.
Published 14 months ago by Steve1955

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and easy to fit, March 26, 2013
Early in March I purchased the 1/2" cutter plate. It was a sturdy and easy to fit addition to our Weston French Fry Cutter in addition to the regular 3/8" cutter plate. It works fine to this day, and added some variation to our homemade french fries. Encouraged by this purchase I also ordered a 1/4" cutter plate, although some comments here testified to the fact that this plate might be more difficult to handle. When I received mine, it was an original Weston replacement part and the pusher fitted nicely into the cutter grid.

It is true that you have to exert greater pressure to squeeze the potatoes through the grid, but it is manageable and works fine as long as the cutter has a firm and secure stand. (You may want to fix the cutter to the wall or a board as I did, or try the suction-cup feet, though I do not use them)

All in all the additional cutter plates were another nice addition to our French Fry Cutter, now we are able to satisfy any taste regarding size. Especially the friends of our youngest son marvel at our "French Fry Selection"!

The cutter plates are easy to change, but you do have to have a philips screw driver handy, which is in my view the only drawback. With a screwdriver at hand, you can change the cutters in a minute.

It is also easy to clean, I usually remove the cutter grid and the v-shaped stainless steel base and clean them in the kitchen sink. For the pusher I use a dishwasher brush without dismounting the pusher, cleaning it while the cutter is still disassembled. Then I put everything back together - takes me about 5 minutes.

(Review amended after I purchased the 1/4" cutter plate, May 27th, 2013)

1.0 out of 5 stars This item worked great the first two times we used it but the third time the blades bent and rendered it useless., August 9, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Cutting plate, August 17, 2011
Ended up sending it back. Blads are too big and not sharp enough. You have to STAND on the lever to cut the potato. Unless your potatoes are like midgets - this product did not work for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont need fast food fries anymore!, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Weston 1/4 Inch French Fry Cutter Plate (Kitchen)
With my new deep fryer and the fry cutter, including the large and small attachments (this is the small), I can make fantastic fries right at home and use whatever potato / oil combination I want. This cutter simply screws directly into my slicer unit and I have fast food size fries in seconds, with easy cleanup. Love this thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1/4 inch frenchfry cutter plate., November 15, 2013
Leighton L. Small (Litchfield Park, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weston 1/4 Inch French Fry Cutter Plate (Kitchen)
I really like the way it make's small frys that are easy to cook and taste great. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to have small French frys.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a great addition, November 11, 2013
I used it the very next day, the 1/2" plate is a great addition to my Weston French fry cutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fit, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Weston 1/4 Inch French Fry Cutter Plate (Kitchen)
fits good looks good, works good, easy clean-up, cuts good ,need to get more for back-ups. would buy again thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size fries, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Weston 1/4 Inch French Fry Cutter Plate (Kitchen)
I have a Thunder Group Inc. French Fry Cutter and this cutter and plate work as if it was made just for it. The smaller fries also cook faster so you can get that dinner going and eat in half the time.

1.0 out of 5 stars french fry cutter, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Weston 1/4 Inch French Fry Cutter Plate (Kitchen)
I ordered the french fry cutter blade replacement for someone else. He used it one time and the blades came out of it. Poor quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars great potato cutter, April 3, 2012
my first cutter was the 1/4" cuitter. It was unable to process the potato. too much potato going through too many small holes. the 3/8" cutter handles the job perfectly. also get the suction cup feet for the unit. It is a have to have item also, without them the job is almost impossible

Weston 1/4 Inch French Fry Cutter Plate