Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on March 30, 2013
I dropped down the shoot inch think London broil, first using the cutting blades. It took the meat & sliced it very easily. I then put on the tenderizing blades & ran the cut pieces thru twice. It made my Jerky making so much easier with consistent cut pieces that dried at the same time. Using the tenderizer blades made it much easier to bit off pieces of the Beef Jerky while eating it too. The construction of the hole unit is really heavy duty & fills very solid while using it. This unit is on of the only ones that comes with both sets of blades. I'm very happy I bought mine-!!
on March 1, 2015
This thing is a real pain, essentially because it is an incomplete design. In theory, as long as the meat thickness is correct i.e less than the width of the blade shafts, it should shoot right through. However, in the real world the driving force pushing the meat into the blades is only gravity and the small amount of friction between the mirror polished smooth side of each spinning blade. Though the blades are sharp, gravity is not enough to make this design work effectively. In my experience, the meat will usually stop in the middle and you will crank and crank forever until you either disassemble the top and remove the meat, finish cutting it manually, or cut it and feed it in tiny pieces. Pulling it through works ok, but its hard to reach up far enough to grab. Pushing down on the meat is not a good idea, because it will widen above the blades making the infinite slipping worse. I am now looking at modifying this unit to somehow add traction to the blades to drive the meat through them. I don't like it because it takes forever to use, even if the meat is correctly sized. Needs several design improvements.
on November 20, 2013
I received yesterday...took it out of the box and assembled, which was very easy, and sliced up a bowl full of venison for jerky all in less than 45 minutes. It all tears down easily for cleaning, but WARNING!!! I nicked a finger on the blades placing in the dishwasher and thought i may need a transfusion before i stopped bleeding. They are razor sharp! Love this thing...saves so much time and $$$ on meat processing.
on August 16, 2015
This is a well made product. Very sharp blades and sturdy. I gave this item 3 stars as I went to the Grocery Store to purchase meat to make some Jerky. I had the butcher cut a Top Sirloin that was beautiful and expensive into ¼ " strips and about 4" wide. Then I went home and put together the Jerky maker. The instructions stated to not run meat thicker than 1 ¼" thick. I ran the 4"-5" wide with the ¼" thick meat from the Butcher. The Jerky maker made the meat into noodles. My stupidity. I should have had the butcher cut the roast into 1" thckness and then the Jerky Maker would have put out 1" X ¼" slices.....I Think. I will try again. It should have been included in the instructions. They never stated what size meat to use and the resulting size that would come out of the blades.
on April 25, 2016
This did not work well for me. I had a lot of trouble getting the meat to come out of the chute. I tried thawed meat and it would just get stuck between the blades. By the time I managed to pull the meat out, it was shredded to little strips instead of of slices. I also tried semi frozen meat but the blades would not grab the meat at all so that didn't work either. I spent a lot of time trimming the meat to the right size to fit the opening so I am not sure if this is really worth the trouble. I want give it another try but don't want to waste more good meat to test this slicer. I did not test the tenderizer on this item.
on December 31, 2013
Awesome for slicing jerky! We have sliced over 200 lbs of meat with no problems what so ever.. Love it
on July 14, 2015
This works great. Greatest challenge is getting an edge to clamp it to. It cut a chuck roast for jerky superbly. The blades aren't stainless, so making sure it was dry before putting it away was another challenge. But it's use and function worked great for me.
on September 11, 2015
This machine is the real thing. The stainless steel blades are just like the blades used in meat packing shops. I ordered one for myself and another for family. Very happy with the purchases and how well it works.
on November 27, 2014
Venison is very very tender!! Awesome tenderizer.
on November 10, 2013
The first try was a disaster, the meat didn't really drop through as the videos showed. Finally we got it going and it did a good job. However, it's still a work in progress. We tried chicken breasts, a lean beef roast, and turkey steaks. After trying each one, we were disappointed in the thickness of the strips. I'm sure just beginning with this jerky slicer will take some time to master, but we found for the money, the jerky shooter with lean ground meat produced my more satisfactory jerky without having to waste time and money learning how to use it correctly.