Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Westpointe HVF4-RPRed 4-Inch High Velocity Fan, Red
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on August 9, 2012
So many reviewers seem to never actually read the description of the products they buy. This little fan is, by nature and purpose, "little." It is meant to cool you off within reason. It is the perfect little fan to have near you, by your desk, nightstand or next to your favorite lazy-boy chair. Why do people insist on trying to force it to be more than what it is meant to be? All I can tell you is that I bought this Wespointe fan two years ago for my office desk and then decided to purchase another for my home desk. They are built like a tank, all metal, no plastic anywhere in sight. They provide exactly what they are meant to deliver: a pleasant, quiet flow of air to cool you off. Want a heavy blast of air? Buy something else. Want a little workhorse to cool you nearby? Get this little gem.
33 comments| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2012
Color discrepancy is lame - they clearly played with the brightness in Photoshop or something similar. Was really looking forward to the bright, happy little guy pictured. That said, it's fairly quiet though I'd probably have to debate the claim that it's "high velocity." The blades spin about as fast as they aught to - not any more or less. Be advised that this is a tiny fan. It's small size makes it perfect for my desk as it's not much bigger than my little mesh cup of writing utensils. To put it in prospective, it's blades are about an inch long. One thing I will say I like about it is that the blades are made out of polished metal. It gives it kind of a classy well made look. Still, though, pretty big bummer about the color but not worth the hassle of returning.

UPDATE:

SEE THE CUSTOMER IMAGE I UPLOADED FOR THE ACTUAL COLOR.
review image
33 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2011
Bought this fan for my desk at work. I am stuffed in the hot corner of an all glass building in Texas... it can get warm. This fan has been great... I have forgotten to turn it off for a weekend and multiple evenings and it is still working like a champ.

The only thing I wish it had was variable speed. Your choices are on and off.
on May 10, 2012
Purchased this item because the goons who control the office thermostat keep setting it at a sleep inducing level. The product is very quiet and produces sufficient air to keep me cool all day without disturbing my cellmates. Highly recommended.
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2011
Ok, I am getting old and into the hot flash thing...I love surfing the web and get those warm feelings often. I bought two of these; one for home use and one for office use. They are a nice compact size and do throw out a good amount of air and I can position it right toward my face. They run fairly quiet so I do not disturb the person sitting near me at work. I don't even need to run them long and I am cool all over again. They seem to be constructed fairly well so hopefully they'll outlast the time period I need them for.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
I needed a small fan to put in the back of our entertainment unit where we have 2 DVD players. I noticed that when we use the DVD players that particular compartment gets a bit warm. This unit was small, and actually quite quiet (at least for these first few days). If it does get noisy with more use, I will update this review. For now, they are excellent for my purpose.

05/26/12 UPDATE - The fan has worked flawlessly for about a month now. In fact I just received and installed 2 more today. They are VERY quiet. Just an FYI - the color of the fans are a much darker blue than pictured (It works for me - but thought it might make a difference to someone).
on April 26, 2012
I bought this fan because my office is a bit warm and every time I change the temperature control the other people in the office complain that it is freezing. This fan is compact enough that it sits on my desk and doesn't get in the way of any of the other things I have laying around. It has a nice black finish and it is made of metal so it has some decent weight to it. This simply means that if you knock it accidentally with something, it won't topple over behind the desk and be lost forever.

There is only two settings. On and Off. I don't mind because I just turn it on when I arrive and turn it off when I leave.

It makes some noise but it is mostly white noise which doesn't bother me during phone calls or meetings. If I'm listening to something quiet on the computer, I will sometimes turn it off to hear better but I generally don't even notice it anymore.
review image
on August 23, 2009
This would be a 5-star item if it weren't for 2 out of 3 samples that sound like a 1963 VW Beetle with valve trouble idling noisily in a tile bathroom. You'd never think a fan this small could make that much noise, but 2 of my 3 WP's had that problem. Effectively, that raises the price of a single good one by 3X. One fan still cools my TV cabinet and components just fine. A 2nd one fresh out of the box sounded like an old Chevy pickup with a bad muffler, and the 3rd developed a violent rattle and growling motor noise after a few days' use. The one that works is a real 5-star champ for over a year now, but I had to ditch the other two. A least I didn't pay the much higher price for this same product that sells for more elsewhere. Just be safe and order more than one.
55 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2015
I've ordered this item from Amazon before and received a Westpointe fan. However, the latest fan I received was clearly a way cheaper version of the item I thought I would get. I ordered a royal blue fan and received a powder blue fan. I also expected it to be compatible with an electrical outlet, however, I received a USB fan which is not what I wanted. Attached are photos of the two fans I ordered from here. Both were described as being Westpointe fans but the latest one I received was not. The quality is very inferior compared to the first fan I received. The blades are noticeably cheaper and thinner looking than the first fan and also, the fan's screws were coming loose. Photos attached.
review image review image
on February 15, 2011
The fan I got is a Westpointe, not Foshan Guanmei. It says Westpointe on the box and fan, even though my receipt says Foshan... It is all metal. It's made in China (says so on the fan).
It moves quite a bit of air for it's size and it's very quiet; I left it on over night once because I forgot it was on, and I walked right past it on the way out of the room. I might put it on a timer.
I like that the switch is workable w/ one hand. I like that it's pivotable.
The cord is pretty heavy and stiff.
I'm concerned that there's no way to adjust the tension on the pivot points. It won't surprise me that someday it won't hold it's position.