Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$5.99

on February 8, 2002
Just one look at the beautiful and spirited Jacquine Coyle and Matt Bardoul knew that she was the woman for him. So when he finds out that she and her father and brother are planning to go on a wagon train, he decides to go along too. When he first learns about the wagon train heading for the rich pasture of the Big Horns and the gold which would be plentiful there, he finds nothing wrong. But soon he starts getting an uneasy feeling that something is definitely wrong. The wagon train would be made up of strong and innocent men and their families but they would be lead by a pack of the worst murderers, thieves, and gunslingers. Though Bardoul gets and urgently whispered message telling him not to go, he is still determined to go on the train because of Jacquine and the land at Big Horns. Bardoul doesn't realize that he is getting involved in a very deadly plot where the bad guys would stop at nothing to make sure everything goes according to their plans. Will Bardoul be able to figure out their plans before it's too late?
I just love Louis L'Amour's westerns and "Westward the Tide" has got to be one of his bests ever! With plenty of intrigue, suspense, action, and romance, for any L'Amour fan this is a must read. One of the best things I like about this book are the characters which are portrayed. Characters like Matt Bardoul, Jacquine Coyle, Brian Coyle, Clive Massey, Buffalo Murphy, Logan Deane, Ban Hardy, Portugee Philips, and more, L'Amour wonderfully displays the different types of people who made up the American frontier.
Other L'Amour books I highly recommend are: All of the Sackett books, including my most favorites, "Jubal Sackett" and "Galloway, "North to the Rails", "Broken Gun", "Crossfire Trail", and "Comstock Lode".
on October 30, 2014
Some realism please. Oxen leaning into their traces? (they have yokes). Indians turning in their saddle? Matt Bardoul, shot in the head, cuts out the bullet in the back of his head and then kills all the bad guys? Four wolves bring down a calf, and then run away from Mr. Matt?
I know that they are going to be the same story, but a little realism would have been helpful.
on November 29, 1999
Westward The Tide is perhaps one of the best books written by L'Amour, while reading this book, I found it really hard to put it down. The gold, the girl, and the setting are perfect for alot of excitment and danger. If you are a Louis L'Amour fan and you haven't read this book I recommend it.
on March 16, 2015
Matt Bardoul is warned about joining the wagon train by a mysterious voice in the stable, ". . . none of them are supposed to come back alive." But Matt has seen the saucy and attractive Jacquine Coyle who is going and is not to be deterred. This is a classic early Louis L'Amour novel of bad and good guys, Very enjoyable.
on February 9, 2016
I have posted many times that I think Louis L`Amour was the best western writer in my humble opinion. I think the characters he develops and the stories are just really good reads. The only problem I have is that before you know it you have finished the books. I think the fact that he had been to the places he describes gives his descriptions of places a added dimension. I think that all of his books are good and should be enjoyed by alll who like this genre.
on October 26, 2014
I'm now 61 years old and this week have just finished my third Louis L'Amour book and I'm astounded at how good they are! Why did it take me so long? Thank the Lord that I've got 97 to go,then I'll die happy with my boots on!
on August 14, 2015
I really enjoyed this book by Louis L'Amour, who by the way is 1 of my favorite western writers. This book held my interest to the very end. It has a lot of action which is true to Louis L'Amour style. I would recommend this book to anyone who is Louis l'Amour fan.
on July 23, 2010
I have been a Louis L'Amour fan since I was a kid. The Burning Hills hooked me on this author. While reading, Westward the Tide, I discovered that this was Mr. L'Amour's first novel published, in England, in 1950. This is one of the best books I've read topped only be Matt Reilly's Ice Station. Non-stop action and some of the most memorable quotes being several paragraphs long.
on June 3, 2008
L'Amour does it again. Not only a captivating, well-written story but he shares a bit of history from the physical location of the story. Much overlooked, L'Amour is a tremendous writer who can create character, plot and drama in an efficient and exciting way.
on April 19, 2013
One of my favorites. A great mix of western and intrigue! While there's no mistaking who the good and bad guys are, you'll be guessing just who the wildcard players are and how they will shift the tide. Great read with a surprising twist.