5.0 out of 5 stars I was a skeptic but this stuff worked for me in Atlanta
Published on May 2, 2009 by Fran

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget and Forget !!
I really hate the algae stains on my roof. I learned about this product through Internet research and was elated by the good reviews. In October of 2011 I applied the first treatment. I bought a backpack sprayer (from Amazon - where else?) and followed the instructions EXACTLY. I want to empahsize that I am a very meticulous person and was precise in the mixing and...
Published on November 25, 2012 by dshafs

5.0 out of 5 stars I was a skeptic but this stuff worked for me in Atlanta, May 2, 2009
This review is from: Wet and Forget 10587 1 Gallon Moss, Mold and Mildew Stain Remover (Tools & Home Improvement)
OK, brought this stuff, 2 large bottles at Costco. Figured if it was crap as I expected it would be, I'd take it back since that's how Costco works. Watered it down as instructed and sprayed one side of two stone steps which were covered in black Mildew. About a week later I noticed a definite difference but wasn't blown away by the results. It does say though, give it a few weeks. Yeah, right. However, I am about a month into leaving it and it's amazing. One side is still the black mildew and the other is about 80% cleaner and brighter. I am going to give another little spray and I reckon in 2-3 more weeks, it'll be as new. I deliberately didn't scrub it either!

So, I live in Norcross, GA. By the river and lots of mildew so this is going to be awesome but I want to know why I haven't heard much about this stuff. How the heck does it work? It says it works with the wind and rain to slowly remove ingrained stains and keep stuff clean. It does exactly what it says it does and that for me, is a miracle in itself. I have also, for fun, sprayed some shapes into my black mildew driveway and I can already see it working, I just want to know HOW :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet and forget - Great moss and mold control, March 25, 2009
R. Kroll "krollman" (Boomer Sooner country) - See all my reviews
I first bought this product in mid-2008 after it was introduced to the US. I had tried about everything (bleach, other chemicals, powerwashing) to keep green moss and black mildew off my brick steps and veneer, concrete porch and sidewalk and pool decking. I was down to power washing (a 2 day job) twice a year and this was really deteriorating and spawling my brick. This product is truly remarkable. I applied it with no prep to black algae and green moss. In some cases the moss was up to 1/4 inch thick. It took a while, but within a week or two the moss began turning yellow, and then later turning to a powder as it died. Slowly the black mildew began to subside. The most remarkable thing was how long it kept repelling the moss and mildew. A year later, the moss and mildew has largely stayed gone. Now don't get me wrong, it is not perfect as there are still some areas that are prone to growth, but it has been almost a year. There were some really bad spots that it did not completely rid the mold, and I'm going to tackle those again this year. However, there were other spots, for example on my pool decking, where the mildew has stayed completely gone after a year. This year I'm going to try applying more frequently as it suggests in the literature, perhaps every 3 months. When I first investigated this product a year ago, I did not really believe all the hype on how good it worked. But, I can now say that this product truly works.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff works!!!!, September 5, 2010
I bought it, I used it, I love it! I bought the 1 gallon size because of the price break and the fact that it has no shelf life (it keeps forever!). The 1 gallon concentrate makes 6 gallons of product. I used all 6 gallons. When you see the results that you get, you keep finding more things to use it on. Read and follow the directions. I'll repeat that, because it bears repeating: Read and follow the directions. This is not an instant gratification experience. You just spray it on, soaking the problem areas and forget about it. The lighter green algae was gone in a week. The heavier green areas may take a month. The black areas may take several months. In return you get protection that will prevent a return of moss, mold and mildew for a year. If you have moss that resembles ground cover, brush it off first. Apply to a dry surface, when rain isn't expected for at least 5 hours. You want the product to fully dry before it gets wet again by the elements. It requires the action of the rain, wind and sun to function. Don't expect it to work where the elements can't get at the area you sprayed. I'm going to get more of this stuff...it makes things look new again, with only little effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars not safe with animals, July 30, 2011
Stuff really works on mildew, but caution on the label says to keep pets away until it dries, and to "wipe off their paws if they walk through it". One of my outdoor cats licked it off its paws, and the next day I thought it had rabies...drooling and lethargy for several days. It eventually got better, but at first I thought I would have to have it put to sleep. So word to the wise, to watch your pets carefully until the product dries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like good wine it improves with age., April 6, 2009
Used Wet and Forget on the brick floor of our front porch. Living in Florida this floor was covered with a green growth, especially following rains. As advertised, Wet and Forget did the job and it continues to remove more following each rain. The only reason I gave it a four star was it is not as efficient in cleaning a wooden swing, admittedly badly covered with mildew and mold. Great product and I will definitely order more when this is gone.

Now, two years later, I find that I only have to use this product once per year and I have enough remaining for 2012 from my original order of two gallons. I have raised my rating to five stars. This is a really great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains a great antibacterial, antifungal ingredient, May 1, 2010
The active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride, the same antibacterial and antifungal agent that makes the popular Lysol spray, except in a much higher concentration. This also appears to contain some kind of sudsing agent because there were soapy bubbles when I sprayed it. Benzalkonium chloride, also known as ADBAC, has been used for many decades to disinfect hospitals and household surfaces and is safe, in fact it is even used in contact lens solutions. I sprayed all of the stucco on our house and the entire wood shingle roof using a Miracle-gro garden sprayer. The runoff appears to be safe for plants because they're doing fine after I used four entire gallons of Wet and Forget a few weeks ago. I found this to be a safe and powerful way to get rid of mildew, bacteria, and fungus on large outdoor surfaces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wet & Forget - Believer, April 22, 2013
Purchased Wet & Forget last year, 2012, on a recommendation from an acquaintance who was at our house in late spring and saw our decks with the green mold on them. The 3 decks are on the north side of our house and every year would develop the mold slowly over the summer, then every spring it was a 2 day task to try and clean them and make them presentable for the summer gatherings. I tried pressure washing, this removed the mold but if you didn't watch what you were doing you could also remove the wood surface. I tried various other cleaning products but nothing seemed to work as well as getting out there with hot water, bleach, and a scrub brush. And as I said this was a 2 day project and really only lasted about 3/4 of the summer.

So when the suggestion of Wet & Forget came along; which you only had to mix in a garden sprayer and spray everything down you wanted to clean, I jumped at it. I figured it could only cost me a little time and money. Well when I finally found it I proceeded to spray it on, I even sprayed areas I hadn't ever tried cleaning before. I sat back and watched the decks begin to clean themselves. Several weeks went by and you could easily see the green mold disappearing. After about 3 weeks I knew I wasn't going to have to spend any more time cleaning them. As a matter of fact I don't believe the wood was any brighter the day it was installed. We went the complete summer without any mold coming back, not even under the outdoor rugs we have under several tables. The only place I found a little green mold was where I hadn't sprayed the Wet & Forget very well.

Well, here I am April, 2013 and I still can't believe how well the product worked. I have very little mold on any of the decks and you can be sure that I will be completely spraying the decks down very soon. I will be using it this year on some areas of the roof and on the side of my mothers house; I expect the same great results. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has been fighting mold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet & Forget - Rid Yourself of Pesky Moss & Mold!, October 11, 2010
We had a very wet winter in Northern California last year and the moss build-up on our front steps was out of control. Moss can make stairs and sidewalks very slippery. So I was determined to correct the situation before someone fell and got hurt.

I used Wet and Forget as directed and it worked its miracles, just as described on TV. At first, it looks pretty ugly if your moss is on cement because everything turns brown. But then the moss disappears - and it stays gone. I also used it on some rubber outdoor mats with similar results. They advertise that rain actually re-activates Wet & Forget. And I guess it's true. Another year has passed and the moss has not regrown on my front steps.

I just bought more and did the cement sidewalk on the side of the house, which also was also overcome with moss and an accident waiting to happen. Wet & Forget is a keeper! You'll be pleased with the results. Even Costco now carries it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The longer you wait the better it looks, September 7, 2010
I treated a portion of stone wall covered with black mold and a lot of moss early Fall of 2009. NO Scrubbing or power washing. In a week I could tell it had improved, all the moss was dead. However, the wall still looked very bad. After a month it was some better, but far from perfect. I forgot about the project and wasn't convinced the product was that good... (good thing I didn't write a review then)

Time passed winter, spring... During my spring clean up I noted an incredible change! The Treated area was like new, not a speck of moss/mold etc. I am ordering 4 more gallons.

Do not use this product to loosen and kill mold and moss before scrubbing or power washing. It doesn't work that way and you will just wash it off. Just Wet it down and reserve judgment for 6 months. You shouldn't be filling out a review until 6 months after it's use.

Update: June 2012. Still looks perfect after nearly 3 years on one area 2 on the other areas. I have not done a second treatment. Don't waist time and money on a once a year treatment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Killed the mold by scrubbing, December 22, 2011
With the black mold on my house, I first just sprayed it on and left it without rinsing. There were changes a few weeks later, with less noticeable black spots, but they did not totally disappear. A couple months later, I got out the brush I use for cleaning the house siding and scrubbed the Wet and Forget into all the walls and left it on without rinsing as instructed. And that did the trick. It took hold and got ride of all the mold. I also just sprayed it on my privacy cedar fence that has green mold, and it changed it immediately to white the next day and disappear completely in a couple of weeks. So if you have a stubborn mold mildew problem, scrub it in. Do a good cleaning and it will do the trick. Also, this will damage plants, so what I did was spray all the plants down with the water afterwards and that worked in saving them from damage. I will buy this again and treat the house in the spring to get ahead of the any ugly mold that may come my way.