Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 16, 2014
It's nice to come across wise words without all the hullabalu of a Fortune 500 CEO or seasoned best-seller author. I think this book offers a lot of original ideas pertaining to meeting facilitation from a humble place (Take Action, Inc.) and bold new expert (Dana Wright). It must be the small-business manager in me that feels a bit more at ease taking notes from someone who is so down-to-earth and in touch with her environment.

I have had this book for a couple months now and over time I have implemented several of the author's tips for making my team meetings better - including the START Meeting Model. This exercise is a great way to look at your meeting from multiple angles, including from the point of view of the attendee before, during, and after the event. Great meetings don't just happen - they're designed.

I highly recommend this book for those interested in making their business meetings more creative. Readers would also find The Practice of Creativity: A Manual for Dynamic Group Problem-Solving helpful in understanding how people think together in groups and generate new ideas.
on September 18, 2013
I got home last night to find my friend Dana's book: We've Got to START Meeting Like This! in my mailbox. As soon as I opened the package, I was immediately engaged by the fun cover and I decided to put off my bedtime to take a look. Over the next hour and 15 minutes I sped through half the book and I was on page 81 before I finally turned off the light. Along the way, I highlighted, turned down pages and made mental notes to go back and review certain sections.

This is a great book. And I'm not just saying that because I know Dana and was among the first to encourage her to write it. It is well-designed, chock full of great information, and inspiring! There are real-life examples from meetings (good and bad), tons of ideas for how to make meetings and conferences destination events and a lot of things about the brain science behind engaging people that I didn't know.

If you run meetings, conferences or retreats, or you're asked to give input on high-stakes events at your company, I highly recommend that you buy a copy of this book. If you're not the event organizer but you attend a lot of big conferences or meetings, buy this and send it along whoever is organizing them. Even if they adopt only a few of the ideas in here, you will learn more, be more engaged and have more fun at that event.

Dana, my congratulations. You did a terrific job and as a regular event facilitator I know I will be using this book for many years to come.
on October 15, 2013
For those who plan, facilitate, lead, present at or pay for meeting events and conferences...READ THIS BOOK! The START model gives you a simple, yet comprehensive framework that will help you hold both the big picture and the detail components of outstanding meeting design. Dana helps you see the event through your participant's eyes drawing on her unique vantage point as a witness to hundreds of meetings during her graphic recording career. Pooling ideas from the best of the best, this book gives you ideas you can run with right away to plan the kind of engaging, fun, social, multi-media experience today's participants expect. And it'll get your own creative ideas flowing too.

Dana is helping us face it. People are simply not settling for meetings as we have known them in the past. Whether you already instinctively do what it takes to engage participants before, during and after an event, or you need to know how, this book is for you!
on November 12, 2013
Face it- the world has changed. We are bombarded with visual media 24/7. We multi-task. We receive information in short articles. And yet... meetings just haven't kept pace with the change. Until now.

Dana Wright's book is packed with ideas that will energize anyone that plans meetings and conferences. Not only will your meetings improve, but you might also find your hidden creative self in the process! This engaging book is easy to follow with its practical tips based on a Dana's career of making meetings work. I thoroughly enjoyed every page and am now applying techniques in my consulting work.

Thank you Dana for providing us with your game-changing insights!
on October 12, 2013
I was so delighted to be one of the first 100 people to own a copy of the new book,
"We've Got to START Meeting Like This!" Filled with voice of experience and best practices from top Leaders in the Industry including Nancy Duarte, Gail Taylor, Sophia Liang, Anthony Weeks, Julie Stuart and of course, Dana Wright herself. She creates a welcomed environment that inspires you to break out of the "normal" way of meeting. She has filled her book with activities, tools and quotes to use NOW to transform the way you work as an individual or team before, during and after a meeting, conference or an event. The "START Meeting Model" is simply divine!
on September 16, 2013
Thank Goodness for We've Got to Start Meeting Like This! I have just started a new position as a facilitator. One of my main responsibilities is to conduct meetings with some "tough nuts".

I was very concerned about conducting meetings that would be beneficial and worth the time of the staff. I was given a copy of We've Got To Start Meeting Like this. It was so self-explanatory and visuals were so helpful. After my first meeting staff thanked me for not wasting their time! Whew!
on February 16, 2014
As an experienced facilitator, it's refreshing and exciting to find a book with so many fresh ideas and insights for our work! Dana's style is accessible, honest, practical, and passionate, making the book easy to read cover to cover and/or easy to pick up for actionable tips anytime. Thank you for taking the time to write this book, Dana! Looking forward to engaging with We've Got to START Meeting Like This! for years to come!
on January 5, 2014
Dana Wright is an excellent event designer, facilitator and graphic recorder, and an equally excellent communicator. And she's been on a burning mission for as long as I've known her: to make meetings, conferences and gatherings be the absolute best they can be. Why should you care about this? Because great meetings deliver great value: to the participants, to the convenors, and to the company or organization as a whole. When everyone in the room is fully engaged ideas come alive, creativity flows, and the whole group moves forward in great, quantum leaps.

What Dana does in this book is to gather the best ideas from seasoned practitioners (including herself!) and organize them into a model that addresses every aspect of a meeting from well before it starts, through the event itself, to the important "after" steps that ensure lasting results. The result is a book that is chock-full of helpful tips, techniques and information, presented in a down-to-earth style that is warm, witty and accessible, yet thoroughly professional.

"We've Got to START Meeting Like This" has become an indispensable resource for me since it landed on my desk, and I've made several clients and colleagues very happy by giving copies to them. I recommend it highly to anyone who ever has to plan a meeting - or who wants to ensure that the meetings they go to are productive, energizing and fun!
on December 1, 2014
Too many conferences, too many meetings do not take into account the needs of the participants and how best to leverage the diversity of those participants in the learning and networking process of the conference/meeting itself. In a clear, concise and graphically interesting and meaningful way Dana has created an easy-to-consume compendium of best practices and simple actions planners can take to create highly productive conferences and meetings that will keep participants talking and recommending. I have facilitated senior executives and community leaders and find her to be a leader in ideas for creating "inspiring meetings, conferences and events" -- as the book says: We've got to start meeting like THIS. Do read and use these inspiring and simple techniques.
on September 14, 2013
It is all about the power of visual communication and Dana Wright provides clear, concise, clever methods of making the most of your Meetings! A visual book which illustrates the effect of visuals! How about that!!! Attractive layout, easy to use!!! Bravo!!