Customer Discussions > Dragon's Crown - Playstation 3 forum

What BS - pre-orders cancelled to avoid price guarantee?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2012 5:23:26 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
As was pointed out in the original product's forum, pre-orders at the $39.99 price point were all cancelled recently. A week or two ago, if I recall correctly. Now, here's the game again, $10 higher.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm at least going to complain to Amazon and see if they'll reinstate my original order, provide a credit, or honor the original pre-order price guarantee.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 5:31:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 5:42:29 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
Scratch that -- the original game was listed for $29.99, so they've jacked it up $20 for the PS3 version and $10 for the Vita version. Now I'm even more convinced that the cancellations were a means of weaseling out of the pre-order price guarantee, rather than any kind of legitimate confusion about the game being totally cancelled.

Also, I noticed a difference between the prototype case front on the original $29.99 product page, and this new $49.99 one. It looks like publication has switched from Ignition Entertainment to Atlus. That probably explains the price increase, but IMO doesn't justify losing out on the pre-order price guarantee...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 9:37:54 PM PDT
Flygongengar says:
Let me know how it works out. I also pre-ordered when it was only $29.99, so let me know if it's worth my time complaining to Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:26:46 PM PDT
Tiny says:
Why don't you report also instead of waiting for one man's result complaining to Amazon. Of course it will be worth your time to complain about the bogus cancellation of preorders. I will complain to Amazon myself...you should too instead of piggybacking off of others.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 12:55:48 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
Me, too, when I get time! This is BS, as it was in my quickpicks today. UGH!!!

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 4:30:33 PM PDT
Gamemaster64 says:
Just have or ask for the order number. If the person you get the number(s) from if you had to ask for it(I still had mine) doesn't/won't do it. Get a different person and give them the number(s) you gain.

Also you need to reorder it/them before you do this.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 6:07:57 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
They've pretty much refused to honor the pre-order price for me. I could keep harassing them about it, but it doesn't seem like it's going to do any good.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 11:20:26 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
I just sent an email. I hope it works. They are usually good about this kind of thing, but I've never seen them go to such extremes to get out of a preorder price guarantee.

I'm sure it was delayed to put more polish on it, thus charge more for it. When similar happened on games at Amazon, they've never deleted orders (they kept plenty of orders that netted shoppers cheap copies of Forza 4 CE, Tales of Graces F, Dragon's Dogma - so far, and many others, but those are just recent in my mind). Very odd, Amazon.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 2:09:15 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
Hello,
I'm sure it's disappointing to see an increase in the price of the "Dragon's Crown" you were planning to purchase. Our prices regularly change (we constantly receive new data from our suppliers) and the price you saw was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

More details on our pricing can be found in our Help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468502&

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy. I've reduced the price of the item to $29.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

To see payment details for your purchase, visit Your Account here:

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/

Best regards,

Karthik P.
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account
=========================================================================
SOOOO, I got a better result, but I still had BOTH versions in my quickpicks for $28.49/$47.49, so I should still get 5% off if Amazon matched their policy. I wrote this in the feedback:

It's sad that Amazon has to try & get out of it's pre order price guarantee. Every thing on the link the rep gave me proved that Amazon should match the original listing $29.99 price of the ps3 Dragon's Crown, for people that ordered it (I had it ordered since June 2011). Instead, they cancelled everyone's orders to get out of their own policy, and relisted the game & raised the price to $49.99 a few weeks later. I had both instances in my quick picks, so I still got screwed out of what I SHOULD be charged. Luckily, the rep stuck to Amazon's policy, but said this was an exception, and every link proved it was Amazon's stated policy for preorders (Preorder Price Guarantee). Others didn't get this price match, and I shouldn't have had to waste a customer service reps time for Amazon to uphold it's policy. Very sad to me.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 2:12:51 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
I guess I should have checked before ranting, as the rep did change the price to $29.99, but since I ordered in a quickpick selection, it still gave me the $28.49 total. I still think it was shady for them to do this, but they resolved my issue to the point where I was exactly where I left off at. Thank you, Amazon, but please do the same for everyone else :).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 1:47:13 PM PDT
Gamemaster64 says:
I wish these were in my quickpick. Only one was originally but I only got it lower to $29.99 when I complained. Who knows if the games would show up if I waited.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 10:37:17 PM PDT
blunt says:
You got to know this wasn't Amazon's fault all together, no Atlus came in for some reason as a new publisher and got all freaked at the price, so they pulled the listing and did a bs increase they even copped a bad attitude towards the whole situation as if the price we all pre-orded was an insult to them. None of it makes a bit of sense, but that's what they said over at ign

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 5:40:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 30, 2012 5:40:57 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 9:03:35 AM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
They were able to adjust the price to $29.99 on a new order I placed, so it only took about 4 rounds of back-and-forth to get it resolved. I don't know how many times they'll keep doing it, since presumably (as blunt says) the price was increased by a new publisher and they're probably taking a loss on the adjustments. But if your pre-order was cancelled, it wouldn't hurt to put in a new order then contact them about it to see if they'll honor the original pre-order price guarantee. I'm glad they did, just on the principle of it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 4:34:28 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
Link?

Posted on May 6, 2012 9:44:56 AM PDT
Trust Me says:
Lol the game is back, and with a VENGEANCE. $50 from their original $30 price. Oh well, I dont mind. Looks like it will be worth it.

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:47:03 PM PDT
D says:
I think that ATLUS should honor the $29.99 for everyone who pre-ordered the game. It definitely doesn't look good; cancelling a pre-order on the customer and then telling them that the price has doubled (PS3). I'll see what, if anything can be done.

Posted on May 11, 2012 2:33:26 PM PDT
Biggun says:
They cancelled my pre-order, so I will just wait for it to be $20 now

Posted on May 14, 2012 5:37:06 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:42:53 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
If it's only a few bucks, then you'll be happy to pay for mine, right?

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:53:28 AM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
Not a kid, and have a great job. Think, before you post and make yourself look foolish.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:56:52 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
I, too, am an adult & have a great job.

@Martin
Thanks for taking the time to talk down on other people (even though you're not good at it).

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:04:17 PM PDT
Elan_Morin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 5:24:44 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
Perhaps valid has a different meaning to you? Amazon has a policy & I want them to follow it. Point blank. They are a business & profit is why they exist. If you don't understand that & want to give them human characteristics, I think you are misguided.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 12:23:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 12:24:30 AM PDT
Elan_Morin says:
Oh, so misguided am I? Many companies policies don't cover publisher misinformation or error and it's unjust for you to accuse someone of maliciousness and spitefulness simply because they are a business. And it is unjust to hold a third party responsible for the actions of someone else, in this case, the game publisher. Yes, Amazon is a business, and yes, profit is important to them, but plainly, based upon my past experiences with their customer service, not to mention WHAT THEY DID FOR YOU by still honoring the price shows, quite clearly, I would think, that they do in fact, care about their customers.

Despite what many like to think, a business' profits and giving a damn about their customers aren't mutually exclusive of each other.

So I think that the only misguided one here is you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2012
Latest post:  May 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon's Crown - Playstation 3
Dragon's Crown - Playstation 3 by Atlus (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (222)