Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 9, 2012
Another Great book by this wonderful author! I love all his books. He's gives such great advice/insight on Parenting and Marriage. I have been anxiously awaiting this one since I have a 3 year old son, and plan to be gifting it to all my friends with boys as well!
on September 6, 2012
A book about the mother-son relationship. This is one that should be a must read for mothers. I think there would probably be some better Mother-In-Law/Daughter-In-Law relationships if more mother's read this as it puts into proper perspective your role as a mother.

You truly are influential as a mother - there is no doubt. So many moms though never let their son's go, believing that even after leaving home their son's "owe" them something in the way of accounting to them every decision they make and every thing they do. This book addresses the proper role of a mother in a son's life. It is not a how to manual but rather a resource for making the most of the time you have with your son to help him become a Godly man.

I have honestly not delved deep enough into this book to give it a full review of all the great aspects. I am in the process of reading it again as I am the mother of 3 boys (9 year old, 5 year old and a baby) - I also have 2 girls. I have read read many of Dr. Leman's other resources and found this one to be just as solid as the others. It is written in an easy to read format that makes it more conversational and less text book like.

I think too that this book may serve to help women better understand their own husbands. Each of us can look at the type of mother our mother-in-law is and was to our husbands and see just how influential a mother is in forming the son's opinions of women and the way he treats his wife.

This book is a great read - and again should be read by every mother - and maybe some dads as well.

Thanks Revell for this review copy.

Pick up your copy wherever Revell books are sold in your area.
on December 25, 2012
I read of leman's books, they are informative and funny. He does repeat a lot of the recommendations he makes in his other books, but its worth rereading because its important info to remember. Very practical and helpful.
on September 12, 2012
I'm the mom of a 9-year-old boy, and he's the apple of my eye! There's no doubt that he holds a special place in my heart. When I was given the opportunity to review this book, I didn't give it a second thought, and jumped at the chance. My son and I have a great relationship, but I figured there's always room for improvement, and I could definitely benefit in gaining some insight on the "older boy" stages, since my older children are girls.

I found this book to be very easy to read, filled with practical advice, and just the right amount of humor. Dr. Kevin Leman provides moms with just what they need to navigate their son's life from birth to college. Whether your son is just a baby, or heading off to college, you'll find practical advice that's presented in a clear, easy to understand way.

I appreciate the fact that there's practical advice for every stage of a boy's life, as well as general mom tips, and a chapter that's dedicated to dad and the importance of his role.

Dr. Leman stresses that our relationship with our son is very important. The time and attention we give our sons makes a difference, and how to make the most of that time at any age. After reading this book, I feel so encouraged to take the relationship with my son to an even higher level. I highly recommend this book to every mom who has a son!

**Available September 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.**

**Thank you to Revell for providing me with a review copy, in exchange for my honest opinion.**
on June 27, 2013
I listen to this book in the car every morning and it reinforces parenting decisions and gives so much insight into my little man's (and actually big man's) brain and how to interact with him. A wealth of knowledge and clear instruction for wonderful results. Kevin Leman is encouraging and firm by making the choice to discipline with love and clear guidance to make a strong, obedient, thoughtful young man.
I had only one reluctant point, when he gives the advice to walk away from my toddler in public when he is throwing a fit and leave him in a crowd for him to realize Mommy is gonna leave me behind, there's no way I would do that. Not this day and age! But the point is well taken and I understand the concept completely! I just don't see that as safe. Child trafficking is a bigger business than drugs in our country. All the other advice though is just right on and with a twist on that particular advice I can utilize it with fervor. :-)
on October 1, 2012
As a mother to boys, I knew I wanted to read What a Difference a Mom Makes! And, the lessons and inspiration found within, combined with the humor of Dr. Kevin Leman, made this book an easy and insightful read!

At the beginning, Dr. Leman shares (in a way that only he can) what makes boys so special, and the amazing role that a mother plays in the growth and maturation of boys. (Did you know that mothers have more influence over their sons than daughters? Likewise, fathers have more influence over their daughters than sons.)

As I was reading What a Difference a Mom Makes, I constantly found myself saying, "Oh, I can totally relate to that", or "WOW! That makes total sense now!" Ahhh...the enlightenment.

Dr. Leman was also very liberal in his praise for Mothers and the roles we play in our son's lives, so I felt that I was being acknowledged and appreciated as well as being instructed and educated.

From there, Dr. Leman goes into different behaviors at different ages and stages, and also spends some quality time talking about situations where the father is absent or single parent families, as well as an entire two chapters about how we as mothers take care of ourselves, and what we can do to prioritize our time.

Overall, a wonderful book and highly recommended to anyone raising boys to be respectful and morally strong young men.

I received this book for free from Baker Publishing Group for this review. My opinions are my own.
on September 29, 2012
This book is such an easy read and very helpful when raising three young boys. He helps clarify many thoughts I've had and often wondered about. I highly recommend this book to any mom of one or more boys! It is a life changer.
on September 17, 2012
I have read several of Dr. Leman's books, with A New Teenager by Friday being the last one. I was so excited to see What A Difference a Mom Makes advertised. I preordered it in July and couldn't wait to get it. I wasn't disappointed!! I have four children, two daughters followed by two sons. As the daughters grew up, married and left home, I was the only girl left in an all-male home. Several stories in the book could have happened in my home. Thank you so much for pointing out the 'normal' actions, thoughts and attitudes of boys and how I can deal with them - both to help me survive and to help them grow into Godly young men. I look forward to your next publication.
on September 7, 2012
I have read several of Dr Leman 's books and they are all excellent. As a mother of a 9 yr old boy, I want to raise him to the best of my ability. (You only have one shot at this... no do overs) Dr Leman has a way of teaching you, as a parent, how to change yourself to get the best results. Excellent read. I would highly recommend this book to any mom with a boy. It all beings with you.
Dr. Leman as always put things in ways that, as a mom, you can understand. Love love love his books.
on September 12, 2012
This a great book. Makes you think of things you would have never thought of before reading the book. All of dr lehman's books are informative and very helpful. I would recommend this book to everyone with a son.