1,580 Reviews

Published on September 11, 2012 by Tony Heck

1.0 out of 5 stars What to expect when your expecting
Very slow & boring movie. Had some funny moments but not much. Very disappointed I wasted money buying it. Good actors in it but that's about it.
Published 24 months ago by Jess

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another chick-flick that I thought was great and liked it almost as much as my wife. I say A., September 11, 2012
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
"I just wanted the glow. The one that they promise you on the cover of those magazines. Well, I'm calling it - pregnancy sucks. Making a human being is really hard. I have no control over my body or my emotions." This is a movie based off the famous book and deals with five different couples and how they handle pregnancy ranging from problems trying to adopt to having a sickeningly easy time giving birth. This is yet another movie dealing with many different couples and relationship problems but this is one of the better ones. I have said before that I am not really a fan of this type of genre but I really enjoyed this movie and laughed throughout. It may be because I have a kid and went through the whole pregnancy thing with my wife but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. I am also really shocked at my favorite movies of the last few weeks. I have really enjoyed "Think Like A Man" and "Five-Year Engagement" and once again I think this "chick-flick" is the best movie of the week. I am not sure what that says about me but there are some really funny parts in this and if you are a woman do not be afraid about bringing this home to your man, he may throw a fit at first but the comedy (and Cameron Diaz's opening dance scene) will keep him watching and he will also enjoy it. I know I did...the dance was amazing though. Overall, a surprisingly funny movie that really won me over and I thought that was great. I (again surprisingly) give this an A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best to EXPECT nothing, September 21, 2012
Expect nothing because then you will be pleasantly surprised. 3.8 stars. The reason I docked points is because when movies have a surplus of characters that they jump around to, it's hard to care about them as much. And the story line becomes slightly chaotic. Like 'Valentines Day', that movie sucked. But this one did much better than that movie switching stories yet linking all the people, as well as making you care about them- at least to a degree. Heck, I must have cared because I even had a few tears at a couple parts. There were a few lol moments. Like when the daddies come on screen to 'bad a' music with their strollers and expressions. Bahahaha I laughed so hard. Other than that it was entertaining but I would not own the DVD. $3.99 was too much to rent as it was. But watch it if you are bored and looking for some entertainment.

***May contain vague spoilers*** If you have had any experience with babies, or are close to someone that have, you will appreciate the humor. Also, they did a good job at showing different baby experiences. Kudos for that. They have the mom with the crappy experience (which I could better relate to, as I was puking for the entire pregnancy but even she had it easy in my eyes:) Then there was the race car drivers young wife who felt awesome during the pregnancy and literally sneezed the baby out. It's funny but true, that some people are lucky enough to have it that easy. They touched on symptoms of pregnancy, a c-section, miscarriage, and a heart felt adoption scene. Overall enjoyable if you aren't 'EXPECTING' a phenomenal movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right On The Money, September 3, 2012
This is hilarious! After having one kid and with another on the way I can say that this movie is right on the money. They were somehow able to capture the funny and sometimes disgusting aspects of pregnancy without cheapening the miracle of having a baby. They show Cameron Diaz as the celebrity pregnancy, Jennifer Lopez vying for adoption, Brooklyn Decker as the trophy wife having twins, Anna Kendrick "Rosie" as the one night stand, and Elizabeth Banks with the super-planned pregnancy. When I first saw the trailer for the movie I laughed until I cried, and now having seen the movie, I am not disappointed. P.S. It's a husband friendly movie - mine sure enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Not Bad at all, May 2, 2013
I was hoping for more comedy because pregnancy and parenting can be quite comical. But, not bad. My husband never did what these guys did though!

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious, June 21, 2014
There is a great cast of stars in this movie. it is hilarious to see how their lives change as they transition to parenthood. So much is true but very funny. A must see for expectant parents!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Funny, October 7, 2013
It was ok I enjoyed it. It was cute and funny. However I don't think I would ever watch it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another nice rom-com., June 28, 2012
This is a rom-com that features several different couples on their way to parenthood. They all deal with it in a different manner, but all seem to find a way to inject humor into their lives. A strong cast highlights this one, and it does successfully combine good comedy with the drama that relationships always bring, and should keep the audience entertained. There are plenty of attractive people in the cast, providing an appeal for both genders. All in all, I received about what I expected here, a solid movie with beautiful people, laughs, and realistic dramatic moments.

1.0 out of 5 stars What to expect when your expecting, September 25, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, January 3, 2013
Proof that star power is not enough to save a movie this poorly written. I tried to stick it out for an hour but to no avail. Save your money and watch something else!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Campy Fun, June 23, 2014
For those that have experienced the joys and challenges of pregnancy, this campy comedy will make you chuckle. The various storylines showcase it from different angles. My favorite was the contrast between the two Cooper women.

Rate and Discover Movies