Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on September 11, 2012
"I just wanted the glow. The one that they promise you on the cover of those magazines. Well, I'm calling it - pregnancy sucks. Making a human being is really hard. I have no control over my body or my emotions." This is a movie based off the famous book and deals with five different couples and how they handle pregnancy ranging from problems trying to adopt to having a sickeningly easy time giving birth. This is yet another movie dealing with many different couples and relationship problems but this is one of the better ones. I have said before that I am not really a fan of this type of genre but I really enjoyed this movie and laughed throughout. It may be because I have a kid and went through the whole pregnancy thing with my wife but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. I am also really shocked at my favorite movies of the last few weeks. I have really enjoyed "Think Like A Man" and "Five-Year Engagement" and once again I think this "chick-flick" is the best movie of the week. I am not sure what that says about me but there are some really funny parts in this and if you are a woman do not be afraid about bringing this home to your man, he may throw a fit at first but the comedy (and Cameron Diaz's opening dance scene) will keep him watching and he will also enjoy it. I know I did...the dance was amazing though. Overall, a surprisingly funny movie that really won me over and I thought that was great. I (again surprisingly) give this an A.
on September 21, 2012
Expect nothing because then you will be pleasantly surprised. 3.8 stars. The reason I docked points is because when movies have a surplus of characters that they jump around to, it's hard to care about them as much. And the story line becomes slightly chaotic. Like 'Valentines Day', that movie sucked. But this one did much better than that movie switching stories yet linking all the people, as well as making you care about them- at least to a degree. Heck, I must have cared because I even had a few tears at a couple parts. There were a few lol moments. Like when the daddies come on screen to 'bad a' music with their strollers and expressions. Bahahaha I laughed so hard. Other than that it was entertaining but I would not own the DVD. $3.99 was too much to rent as it was. But watch it if you are bored and looking for some entertainment.

***May contain vague spoilers*** If you have had any experience with babies, or are close to someone that have, you will appreciate the humor. Also, they did a good job at showing different baby experiences. Kudos for that. They have the mom with the crappy experience (which I could better relate to, as I was puking for the entire pregnancy but even she had it easy in my eyes:) Then there was the race car drivers young wife who felt awesome during the pregnancy and literally sneezed the baby out. It's funny but true, that some people are lucky enough to have it that easy. They touched on symptoms of pregnancy, a c-section, miscarriage, and a heart felt adoption scene. Overall enjoyable if you aren't 'EXPECTING' a phenomenal movie.
on March 14, 2016
Love it! So funny and a good price as well! I searched for this movie on Hulu, Amazon video, and Netflix, and it was not available on any of them. Amazon allowed me to purchase this movie for an excellent price. I was also pregnant when I bought the movie, so it was definitely nice being able to laugh and relate to some of the things that happened during the movie. I now always choose Amazon as the main place to purchase my movies!
on June 28, 2012
This is a rom-com that features several different couples on their way to parenthood. They all deal with it in a different manner, but all seem to find a way to inject humor into their lives. A strong cast highlights this one, and it does successfully combine good comedy with the drama that relationships always bring, and should keep the audience entertained. There are plenty of attractive people in the cast, providing an appeal for both genders. All in all, I received about what I expected here, a solid movie with beautiful people, laughs, and realistic dramatic moments.
on May 18, 2016
Funny movie. I will put a disclaimer on it though that there are serious parts that may make some upset because the movie appears to brush past it like it is not a big deal, and it could be a trigger for some. That is all I will say as I don't want to give away the movie.
on May 19, 2016
Davis! Davis! Davis! Hormones! So many great one liners. This movies follows 4 different women. One has twins, one just a single baby, a family that adopts and then a pregnancy out of wedlock and also the mens walking club at the park. And don't forge the funny Rebel Wilson is in it too! Must buY!
on September 3, 2012
This is hilarious! After having one kid and with another on the way I can say that this movie is right on the money. They were somehow able to capture the funny and sometimes disgusting aspects of pregnancy without cheapening the miracle of having a baby. They show Cameron Diaz as the celebrity pregnancy, Jennifer Lopez vying for adoption, Brooklyn Decker as the trophy wife having twins, Anna Kendrick "Rosie" as the one night stand, and Elizabeth Banks with the super-planned pregnancy. When I first saw the trailer for the movie I laughed until I cried, and now having seen the movie, I am not disappointed. P.S. It's a husband friendly movie - mine sure enjoyed it.
on September 12, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies. It's funny, heart warming and sad in parts. It brings you through the ups and downs of all type of pregnancy issues and even adoption. The mom that you love to hate that has no issues with her pregnancy. The mom that tries forever to get pregnant and is miserable the entire time. The mom that stresses over every little thing and researches as much as possible. The mom that has an unexpected loss and how she deals with it. And finally the mom that can't get pregnant herself and opts for adoption. They all have beautiful stories and you feel like you grow closer to each character with what they go through.
on December 19, 2012
My pregnant wife and I rented this from Amazon Instant Video on a recommendation from one of her friends who said it was an amazing movie. Basically, it's not an amazing movie. It's just ok. This is one of those movies that follows 3-4 separate couples/story lines and none of them are especially gripping.

*****SPOILER ALERT 1*****

One of them loses a job and pretends like they will be really hard up because of it, and in the back of your mind, you're thinking "this actor/actress would never know what it is like to lose their job and be hard up for money". Maybe that's just me, but it was annoying me personally which was a distraction.

There was just one story line which kept me interested (and a reason for the rating not being lower), and that is because of

*****SPOILER ALERT 2*****

an event where one of them is no longer pregnant. I find that despite not being able to relate to it specifically, it brings up the emotion and difficulty one would likely face in such a circumstance. That particular story was more appealing/interesting than the others, but everyone else might find one that reaches out to them more than the others.

Now the many different story lines felt more like their attempt to fill up minutes to make it long enough for a movie. I definitely would not have rented this if I knew that it was such a movie (2.5 stars might have been a better rating if available).

I also gave this movie a (benefit-of-the-doubt) 3-star rating because my wife enjoyed it some, and even teared up during a scene. It might have a little something to do with her being pregnant so it's closer to home than some, but I don't even think she would necessarily go out of her way to recommend it... She just doesn't regret her time lost watching it like I do.
on March 2, 2016
It was entertaining. As an expectant couple who have and love the app from the book we were hoping to not just be entertained but also learn a little more. It fell short in the education department but it was alright.