Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

What Experiences have you had after reading AAIIG?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2005 1:50:39 PM PST
I've read a few self-help type books and a lot of them have an element of corniness, but this book reads differently - the words are expressed gently; I feel politely encouraged instead of wound up and let down like so many self-help books. I admit that the "channeling a spirit" part is kind of hokey, but I forget about that and pay attention to what feels true to me. I've just started reading this book and I'm curious to know how many people have had good experiences using the concepts in it. I don't think this book has something to offer everyone, but for those who do respond to it:

Have you used the ideas in AAIIG to improve you life? If so, how? Be specific, if possible. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2006 1:36:25 PM PDT
I began having positive experiences after only a few pages. The first occured at my Mother's. She was upset because I was late in coming to take her to an appointment at the hairdresser's. Her tax accountant stopped by to drop something off and as we were chatting, turns out the woman's daughter is a hairdresser who was willing to come to the house the next day to cut my mother's hair. Coincidence?

There are many after that and I haven't even finished the book yet! As my doctoral advisor (who recommended the book to me) said, the biggest problem he has which I do too, is giving myself permission to actually have good things. I'm wired that if I get them, I have to pay a price for them. I suspect this is probably true for a lot of others, as well. It's tough to get beyond all those criticisms from childhood and really allow the good times to roll!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2007 2:47:06 AM PDT
It's true for me, too. Before we can have good things, we must "clean the house". In religious words this means "repent". If I want to be rich, I cannot remain the same poor man: in my feelings and thoughts I must be rich before I could actually be rich. "Search first the kingdom of God and everything will be given to you." "The kingdom of God is within you".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2008 2:24:46 PM PST
Samantha R says:
I realized that I have been using the law of attraction for many years and didn't even know it had a name. For instance, I have always been very lucky at office functions. We have office meetings involving 75-80 people several times a year and there are always 10-15 cash and gift door prizes. These are chosen from a basket containing everyones name. I always know I am going to win something. I have come to expect it. Maybe as small as a coffee mug but often as large as $100. I had an unexpected expense so I used the techniques to "ask, belive, and receive" and then forgot about it. About 10 days later a check shows up for the exact amount of the bill. It was from overpayment for my mortgage taxes and insurance "escrow". I have many more examples. I don't even give it another thought. I have noticed that I need to be careful what I ask for because the manifestations are coming so quick latley. Have fun with it. Don't give it too much thought and then just get out of the way. It is so cool.

Posted on Jun 11, 2009 2:30:10 PM PDT
I began my journey two years ago, studying Law of Attraction at seminars, workshops, lectures, and numerous books, CDs, and DVDs. I set a deadline for May 31st to begin my practice in ernest. From January to May of this year I offered free counseling. On June 1st, the day after my deadline, my phone started to ring. It was as if I opened a sealed door. Now I have 4 regular, paid clients. I am in the process of manifesting two clients a day, three days a week; two classes a week of 5 people each; and two seminars a month accommodating from 20 to 30 people. If you're wondering, I'm a Law of Attraction Facilitator/Trainer and Counselor/Coach. I love this stuff. I invite you to email questions to me for free at Barbara@LoA-Coach.com.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 2:22:36 PM PST
cosmiceye says:
I learned about manifestation about 18 years ago when attending the School of Metaphysics. We had an exercise called the "10 Most Wanted" list. You had to write down the 10 things you wanted most in life at that time. It didn't just have to be a material item - I would often write down attributes I wanted to see in myself (ex. more patience, etc) If it was a material item then you were supposed to describe it in great detail - color, size, etc. To me, this exercise became like a scavenger hunt game. I would be driving down a street and all of a sudden, get a 'feeling' to pull into the thrift store and find one of the items on my list. I received assistance in paying a hospital bill, and even won front row tickets to Tom Petty (the concert was sold out and I asked the Universe if I could get a ticket for my birthday present :) The way I see that manifestation works is by first really knowing what it is that you want, and then it's like you call it to you or you to it. I only learned about the Hicks about a year ago when I saw AAIIG at the library and checked it out, but never got more than a couple chapters into it. I only heard about "The Secret" just a couple months ago. I know there are alot of doubting Thomases out there, but manifestation has worked for me when I was implementing it into my life. I think the people who are more likely to believe are the ones who see God as a conscious energy source that exists within us and through us as opposed to people who believe that God is something separate from us.

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 7:08:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2012 7:10:46 PM PST
ALL IS NOW says:
I checked this book out at the library about two weeks ago and have been reading a little at a time. I have been struggling financially quite abit lately and worrying about bills. My son does martial arts and before school on Friday I had to tell him that he would have to skip his next testing because I needed to pay a bill instead, he said he understood but I think he was disappointed. After he went to school I read a little bit of the book and had an "aha!" moment when I started reading chapter 6. I felt like things were finally making sense and I felt good, I decided to go back to sleep for a little while.

About an hour later my phone rang and it was a new client wanting to see me that day and I got the money to pay for my son's testing with just $5 more. It could have been coincidence but my phone hadn't been ringing, nobody was calling for a while. I really think how I was feeling after what I read turned things around for me that day. I am purchasing my own copy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2005
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Jerry Hicks (Paperback - October 1, 2004)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,393)