5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and written
I have enjoyed this book with my five year old and 20 month old. The illustrations are bright and bold and the book describes the origins of God's name. It is clear, understandable and inspirational for young and old alike. I highly recommend this as a godparent gift in board book for younger children and hardback for older children.
Published on March 26, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars It's small
I received this in the mail today and was a little disappointed that it is a very small book. It's 4in x 4in. It's fine for my toddler's little hands and she will enjoy that it's very colorful, but if I was giving a book as a gift to someone, I like to give a book that is larger. That may be odd, but that's how us women-folk are. Very sweet message though.
Published on January 6, 2012 by Meshelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and written, March 26, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: What Is God's Name? (Early Childhood Sprituality) (Board book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Illustrations, December 19, 2006
Aoife (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My baby loves this book, especially the pages with the mother and father. It manages to be diverse and inclusive without seeming stilted or preachy. Lovely little book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, January 17, 2009
MYOB (Radford, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful book. I just wish I had known that it was essentially just an abridged board-book edition of her other book, In God's Name, I didn't need to buy both.

5.0 out of 5 stars God for young children, July 1, 2009
This is a version of IN GOD'S NAME (for elementary age children) by the same author. Both are beautifully illustrated with multicultural illusatrations and teach inclusion to help make our world come together rather than divide us.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's small, January 6, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, June 21, 2014
My pastor read this book during "children's time" at church and i liked it so much that I asked for the name and purchased it to read to my infant. It's a nice, easy to read book with bright pictures. It's a nice and simple way to introduce God to little ones. I really like the book

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple yet profound book, December 30, 2011
The first time I read this book, I nearly wept at its beauty. The illustrations are lovely, the writing clear and tender, the message of vital importance to children. If you have interfaith tendencies, or wish to introduce others to this concept, this is the perfect book for readers of ALL ages. My 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter love the chunky format that is indestructible and it's just the right amount of non-fiction content for them to process in a sitting. I thank you Rabbi Sasso for such a glorious gift to the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, September 4, 2008
This book is beautifully written and illustrated and a great book for kids of all ages. My 2 year old loves it. It is not too preachy and can appeal to any group of people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bridal Shower Present, December 30, 2000
This little gem of a book is the perfect bridal shower present. Every baby should have it read to them over and over again. As the little one learns to turn pages (that's what the thick pages of a board book are for), he/she will also begin to hear and see that the world is a spiritual place with a lot of different spiritual expressions in it. That's a lot of value for about eight bucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Necessary Book, February 7, 2003
A. Sierra "Ari" (New York, New York USA) - See all my reviews
I was amazed to learn that most kids have an image of GOD by the age of five, whether or not they're taught spirituality/religion by their parents. That being said, a book like this is a great way to 'jumpstart' spirituality in your child's life. It also teaches tolerance of others, being that the book shows people of different backgrounds.
Overall, this book wasn't overly dramatic at all and the illustrations were rather pretty.

What Is God's Name? (Early Childhood Sprituality)
What Is God's Name? (Early Childhood Sprituality) by Sandy Eisenberg Sasso (Board book - October 1, 1999)
$8.99 $7.43