Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now Learn more

on December 5, 2000
I bought this book for my daughter, age 4, before taking a nine-hour train trip. She had me reading it for hours, and eventually ended up being able to read it herself cover-to-cover. ("Q.: Why did the geese honk at the piggy driver.? A.: Because he was HOGGING the road".)
My daughter loves riddles and wordplay, and this is best book that I have found that uses these elements. In addition, the illustrations are first-rate.
A very engaging book for a young reader with a good sense of humor.
on May 9, 2008
I purchased this for my daughter's sixth birthday. Her reading skills are par for a kindergartner, so she needs help with some of the words, but the concepts are right up her alley! Thank God we got away from the same three knock knock jokes!
This book has begun to teach my daughter the true joy of puns and riddles! Great beginning reader joke book.
on August 1, 2007
You can't go wrong purchasing this book. My son was delighted in being both able to read as well as to tell punchlines to jokes.
on January 2, 2011
I bought this for my 1st grader nephew! He was able to sound out all the words in this book, so he thought he was pretty cool telling jokes all day on Christmas! It was cute, this book is perfect for his age, great price and actually had some funny jokes in it!
on October 27, 2009
This book was perfect for my 4yr old who is wanting to tell jokes. He can use many of the jokes from this book. Exactly what I was looking for!
on February 6, 2011
My daughter is in first grade and just starting to get puns and punch lines. This is a great book for a budding comedian and early reader--she can read the jokes out loud to us and she gets the jokes. Very cute.
on June 13, 2014
I must say that I did not think the jokes were as cute or as funny as I had hoped. I barely got chuckles out of either of my grandchildren (ages 5 & 6). They usually love silly jokes. These just aren't that funny. They are okay, period.
on May 7, 2016
This is decent. My 4 year old is REALLY into this other knock knock joke book that we got so I figured he'd love this, but the jokes aren't quite as appealing as the knock knock jokes. I'm guessing this will grow on him as he gets a bit older.
on July 20, 2010
My 6 year old enjoyed this and could read most of it himself. He understood the jokes.
on April 25, 2013
Our five-year-old son got this from our cat for his birthday last month, and it's been a great success. At first I was on the fence about purchasing the book because it doesn't contain very many jokes, but as we've been reading it together, I've realized that this really is quite a lot of jokes for a young child to add to his repertoire. We actually use this book to practice reading, which works well for a child interested in jokes because there's a dual reward of 1) getting to the punch-line of the joke in the first place, and 2) learning a new joke to tell others. Furthermore, the jokes, although simple enough, aren't of the stupid/ annoying/ booger genre that might prove popular with some of the cousins.

On his last visit to the pediatrician, my son told a total of about six jokes that he had learned from this book. The doctor seemed genuinely impressed by my son's ability to deliver the jokes so expertly, as well as by his understanding of what made them funny, so I'm not sure if this is typical for 5-yr-olds or not.

I have to admit that it was nice for my son to finally have some "normal" jokes ready, as one of the recent trips to the doctor involved my son telling his own "planetary" version of the classic banana and orange "knock-knock" joke (you know, the one where the first 3 times going through "knock-knock/ who's there" you answer "banana," and the last time you answer "orange/ orange who?/ orange you glad it's not banana"), which he made up all by himself after some time spent learning about the solar system. It goes, "Knock-knock/ Who's there?/ Uranus./ Uranus who?" You repeat this 3 times, and on the 4th time it goes "Knock-knock/ Who's there?/ Orange./ Orange who?/ Orange you glad it's not Uranus?" You should've seen the look on his doctor's face when he told that joke. It was great.