Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red forum

What??? Higher price on Amazon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2011 2:25:10 PM PDT
Bizmah says:
I was about to buy the flame red here but I saw the price went up to $203. What the heck? At every other store, it's the same price as the other two colors! I guess I'm just gonna buy it at Best Buy. Anyone know why the heck it's more expensive here??!

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 7:34:48 PM PDT
Allan Cruz G says:
now it seems weird, amazon is pretty good with prices always..

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 6:16:45 PM PDT
It's because Amazon got sold out of 3DS's but they should get some in soon for the same price as the other ones

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 10:54:09 PM PDT
Unknown says:
Supply and demand my friend.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 11:45:04 AM PDT
Superchiller says:
No, not "supply and demand", and not because they "sold out". Amazon stopped carrying all colors of the 3DS, see this article: http://blogsure.info/amazon-com-with...3ds-from-sale/

Bad news for the 3DS, the beginning of the end I think.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 1:56:09 PM PDT
simply leila says:
It's not going to the end of 3ds just because amazon isn't selling colors. You can get the red 3ds anywhere else for 169.99. I got my red 3ds from Best Buy for the normal price.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 8:36:04 PM PDT
Superchiller says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 5:01:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2011 5:02:14 AM PDT
NeoStar9 says:
That article quotes another that talks about what happen in July. That does not mean that has to do with the current situation at all. Amazon.com clearly has not issued any statement regarding why it's not for sale now.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 9:59:09 AM PDT
Superchiller says:
@ NeoStar9

Have you read the article titled "Amazon withdraws Nintendo 3DS from sale"? Here's the link: http://blogsure.info/amazon-com-withdraws-nintendo-3ds-from-sale/

And because all three colors are no longer sold by Amazon directly, it seems like they've discontinued the system (for now).

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 5:01:05 PM PDT
NeoStar9 says:
Yes I did. That post is referencing this article. http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2011/07/25/amazon-com-withdraws-nintendo-3ds-from-sale/ That post (you linked to) is a direct copy of what is posted there and that's dated July 25th, 2011. It's referencing the first time it was taken off Amazon.com during the summer. Not related to this current situation although it seems to be trying to pass itself off as if it is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 27, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red
Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (338)