5.0 out of 5 stars ADORABLE book with a good message about self-esteem
Published on January 13, 2007 by Carol C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the size before ordering
This a fabulous book. The only problem with the one that I order is it is very, very small and no extra features except the mirror on the last page. When I read the other reviews, I believed that I was ordering the full-size version. Next time, I will check the size!

Published on August 21, 2011 by mdc023

5.0 out of 5 stars ADORABLE book with a good message about self-esteem, January 13, 2007
Carol C. "ccjello" (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: What I Like About Me (Hardcover)
Love this book!!-- every page has something to play with -- a flap to lift or a tag to pull or curly hair to feel or a mirror to look in. For example, there's a kid playing a string bass, and when you lift the flap you see that he's actually quite short & standing on a large box. There are kids who are short, tall, twins, with braces, with a unibrow, with giant ears, etc. Each kid explains how they're special, in a very positive way -- no "I'm different but that's okay" theme here -- it's more "my big feet are the coolest things ever" attitude. The "differences" are shown as attributes rather than things to accept & deal with. The last page features a mirror. Wonderful little book! I think it would be a great gift for a little girl with very curly hair, as it features a girl with very curly reddish-brown hair (like curly doll hair) that's quite fun to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very special book, October 12, 2008
This review is from: What I Like About Me (Hardcover)
This book is a perfect introduction for a young child to the importance of difference and tolerance in our world ... with great artwork and LOADS of fun interactive things on the pages!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the size before ordering, August 21, 2011
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)

Also, the listed price on the back of the book is $6.99. Where is the savings that I usually receive through Amazon?

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRATION FOR A YOUNG GIRL, February 1, 2013
C. Egeler (Hallandale Bch, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)
This was bought with others for a young disabled girl who was being mocked and bullied at school. It has helped her to accept herself as is and be happy with herself in spite of the taunting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely message, February 18, 2008
This review is from: What I Like About Me (Hardcover)
This book contains such a wonderful message to children about embracing the differences that make each person unique! Wonderful tool for teaching self-esteem.

3.0 out of 5 stars The content is good, but..., October 10, 2013
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)
I like the content of the book and the message it conveys to the students, but it is weird to me that it is a board book, but it talks about kids liking their braces. Preschoolers don't have braces- and I felt some of the wording went over their heads. Also, the bok is very small- too small for a read-aloud with a group of children.

3.0 out of 5 stars cute book, September 28, 2010
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)
It's a cute book about differences but it is definately for older children and probably doesn't need to be sold as a board book for younger ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and to the point you will love this book, December 31, 2011
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)
Great board book gets to the point and very durable but I love the mirror in the back of the book it gives you a chance to have a great conversation with students about what makes them so unique and special and if they did not know the parts of their face give a Little mini quiz on it use the mirror it is a good resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars What I like about this book!, November 30, 2010
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)
Very cute. Like others have said, teaches children about how differences are ok. Doesn't focus on race but more on braces, freckles, etc.

SPOILER ALERT -
At the end of the book, there's a mirror where you can let you children tell you what they like about themselves. I use that opportunity to say "what about that pretty little nose" and things like that.

I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Diversity Book, November 23, 2010
This review is from: What I Like About Me! (Board book)
This is a great book for my preschooler. It has a great lesson - different is wonderful. She took it to school and everyone loved it. This is also a favorite book to read at bedtime.

What I Like About Me!
What I Like About Me! by Allia Zobel-Nolan (Board book - December 29, 2009)
$6.99 $3.86