5.0 out of 5 stars Five Hearts Rating!
Published on January 14, 2007 by old timer

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovey Dovey-not our thing
Published on August 28, 2008 by S. Greybiehl

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Hearts Rating!, January 14, 2007
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
I read once that if you don't tell your wife you love her, someone else will. I laughed. You don't have to be a diehard romantic to give this book. I'm a tongue tied procrastinator when it comes to expressing love. So I got this book this week because it actually looks fun to do. Great questions, checklists and fill-in-the-blanks are leading me through putting into words what I love about my wife. You know, before someone else does. Ha.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda cute, February 21, 2007
blondie26 (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
I gave this to my bf for V-day this year and he really enjoyed reading though it. It took me over 3 hours to fill it out b/c you have to think of stories, memories, etc from your relationship. I've been dating him for a year and a half, but I think this book is more geared toward those who have been in a relationship longer or are married.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent care package idea for deployed wives, November 6, 2010
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
My wife is deployed and I am constantly looking for cool things to send her. This book hit the spot! We've been married 10 years, and pretty much "hit the wall" when it came to remembering the details of why we are still in love. This book helped ME by making me dig deep and put my thoughts into words for her. It helped HER because...well, it's better than a dozen roses every week for the rest of her life. I've been called a "romantic", and this book helped me score major points....and it only took me about three days to fill out.
This book is probably not very well suited to folks just dating/engaged or newlyweds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Gift For Seasoned Couples, February 7, 2011
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a Valentines Day gift for my boyfriend. I'm still currently in the process of filling it out, but I'm having a fun time doing so. There are a ton of questions to answer. Some questions are deep, thoughtful, and loving, while others are just fun and wacky. The book is definitely geared to couples who have been in a relationship for at least a year or more I would say. Don't buy this book if your love is just starting out because some questions are too advanced for new love.

Pros:
The book does allow you to express your feelings in a fun and different way.
There are little sections where you can tape in photos or little keepsakes from earlier times.
There are a variety of questions and silly little checklists to do that are fun to answer and enjoyable to read.

Cons:
A few of the questions seem to be somewhat repetitive or similar to each other, it's hard to come up with a different answer for those ones.
By the time I reached the middle of the book, I was sick of love. lol. I began to feel cheesey mainly b/c there are so many pages to this book. It's not just a quick fill out, this takes TIME. I think the book could have been shorter and still have gotten the same point across.

Overall this is a great gift for any couple looking to express their love in a different light. However, just make sure you have the time and patience to do it before you start!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Romantic gift idea!!!, January 13, 2008
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my boyfriend for our first Valentine's day together--he was very touched and he was very excited to read it. He even ordered me a book so he can fill it out for me! It was so much fun filling in this book. At the time we had only been dating for 5 months--there are questions that can be answered for any relationship length, although some of the q's were not really applicable for us at that time. Questions ranged from 'how did we meet?' to fun things like writing down their name and coming up w/a word for each letter in their name. I really like being able to pick up this book and re-read what I wrote. It brings back a lot of memories!! Definitely a must-buy for a great gift!! It doesn't get much more personal than this--and what a keepsake!! I am thinking about buying another one of these again for a gift for him because I don't want to modify the first book I filled in.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I Love About You, August 2, 2007
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
The book was a great idea for my husband on our first anniversary. It took a while to fill the book out but, it was easy to fill out. He loved reading through the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little keepsake!, May 14, 2008
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
This book is so cute! I filled one out and gave it to my husband when he got back from his 3rd deployment to Iraq, and he loved it :o). The book helps ask questions and provokes ideas that aren't always right at the tip of your tongue when you want something meaningful to say. AND it was so fun to fill out, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way to Send Love on a Long Deployment, December 28, 2009
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
I am filling this book out for my hubby of ten years who is preparing for a year-long deployment. It is a fun way for me to reflect on our history together and will hopefully provide him with some nice memories while he is in the desert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Adorable!, January 19, 2007
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
Fabulous. Creative and clever questions that are both easy to answer and make you look good! A mix of fun and sweet pages. That together with the book's adorable design and this is one heck of a gift for someone special!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovey Dovey-not our thing, August 28, 2008
This review is from: What I Love About You (Hardcover)
This book is only any good if you and your partner are super lovey dovey and sugary sweet. I bought it for my husband for our 1st wedding anniversary and I struggled through the first 20 pages or so and then it got so ridiculous that I just gave up. I told my husband about it, read off a few of the questions, and he agreed that it was pretty darn stupid. It was supposed to be super sweet since for our very first anniversary I bought us the book All About Us and we loved it. I wanted to follow up with What I Love About You, and I do love my husband very much, but I don't know what kind of fruit he would be.

ARRAY(0xad074b7c)

What I Love About You
What I Love About You by David Marshall (Hardcover - January 9, 2007)
$13.99 $8.11