5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD
It seems so often in the field of Christian music that you have to choose between meaningful lyrics with spiritual insight and the often-noisy `rock' songs that are so catchy and enjoyable. However, with Big Daddy Weave's album WHAT I WAS MADE FOR...you get both!

Published on August 4, 2005 by blbooks

2.0 out of 5 stars My Only Mistake In Purchasing An Album
What to do with $15 in birthday money? You're at Wal-Mart and you have the choice of Joy Williams' "Genesis" or Big Daddy Weave's "What I Was Made For". You've heard a couple of songs off both albums, and like them. What did I choose? Well, I thought buying Joy Williams would be embarrassing and not "manly" enough, so I said hello to the Big Daddy, and some bubble...
Published on January 9, 2008 by Flap Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, August 4, 2005
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)

The title track `What I Was Made For' is a catchy rock number with uncompromising lyrics. It grows on you with each listening. (In fact, I was so intrigued by this song, I listened to it three times before I even listened to the rest of the album). Definitely one of the highlights of the album, 5 stars.

"Just The Way I Am" is another great song with another great message. 5 stars

"For Who You Are" demands that you turn it up. It is definitely one of the loudest, clearest songs about God's attributes that I know. 5 stars.

"It's All About You" is one of the slower songs on the album...although it is far from boring. A good modern praise song. It's simple lyrics will make it easy to learn. 5 stars

"You're Worthy of My Praise" has been one of my favorite modern worship songs since I first heard it on a Passion album BETTER IS ONE DAY. Barlow Girl (a great band) joins Big Daddy Weave on this rendition of this modern classic. 5 stars.

"His Name Is Jesus" is a slighty-less-catchy rock song (compared to "What I Was Made For" and "Just The Way I Am", but a great song all the same. With repeated listenings, it's sure to accumulate fans. 5 stars

"Give Up, Let Go" is a good song. 4 stars

"Killing Me Again" is probably my least favorite song on the album. It is very different musically from the rest of the songs on the album. 3 stars.

"Without You" is another slower paced song with merits all its own. 4 stars.

"Words of Life" is another slow song. It is definitely one of the highlights on the album. 5 stars.

Great for fans of Sonicflood, Third Day, Kutless, and Jeremy Camp.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRAVO!! BIG DADDY WEAVE!!!!!!!, September 2, 2005
Kim Orso (Mobile, Alabama) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
You guys have done it again and better! This new CD should be rated with 10 stars. It is so Christ filled. The growth of you guys as a band is amazing. Every single song on the CD is magnificent. "Without You", is the greatest of all !

The talent of Big Daddy Weave is the best out there.

This CD showcases it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars In this case, different is GREAT!!!, July 27, 2005
Hank3 (Tallahassee, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
The guys from BDW are the greatest bunch of guys you would want to know. Humble, Christ-driven, and down to Earth. I was first exposed to their music when I came across their independent release, "Neighborhoods." Ever since then, they've been on God's straight and narrow in doing what He wants them to do through their talents and music. This new album is right on with all of their previous releases: Honest, worshipful, encouraging, and inspires anyone who listens to it to want to grow their relationship with Christ. What a novel idea to leave the last track silent!!! Just The Way I Am, Give Up, Let Go, and Without You are some of my favorites. The sound is different...a little more heavy, but it's done so well. And the drum tracks are done to perfection. New and old fans, you won't regret this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Cd by the best christian group on the planet!!!, December 2, 2006
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
These guys rock and this cd is no exception to their brilliant reputation!! My favorite songs on this cd are Just the way I am and His name is Jesus. However, they are all awsome!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Big Daddy Weave, June 11, 2013
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
Big Daddy Weave is my favorite Christian Group. I have loved each and every one of the CD's. We've been to see them a few times in concert. They are such Jesus freaks, which I love because I'm one too. They put so much love and faith in each one of their songs. They have never put a CD out that has disappointed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars BDG at their best, January 17, 2013
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
I am a very big fan of Big Daddy Weave and this is one of their better albums. Their biblical messages are strong and their approach at getting God's message out are unique. If you are a fan of Christian music with a beat try this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great find!, April 12, 2014
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
We have just started our search for great Christian music and this band is awesome! The price of the CD was SOOOO reasonable, we won't be looking anywhere else for our music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian music, July 7, 2010
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
I absolutely love Big Daddy Weave and this is one of my very favorite CD's. It is mostly upbeat and extremely inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, August 18, 2013
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
I love Big Daddy Weave! His Christian music is so very inspiring! I am so glad I made this purchase! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still good to listen to 9 years later, January 1, 2014
This review is from: What I Was Made For (Audio CD)
This album has some great songs and a great sound. It's my favorite BDW record.

"What I Was Made For" is a high energy, kickin' track. "You're Worthy of My Praise" is catchy and well done. It got a lot of airplay. In fact, your church probably incorporated this into their set list in 2005-2008. There's not a bad song on it.

However, I don't get the "Quiet Track" which is a track of - nothing. I would have preferred an instrumental track. Other than that, well done!

What I Was Made For
What I Was Made For by Big Daddy Weave (Audio CD - 2010)