5.0 out of 5 stars Mandisa [What If We Were Real]
Published on April 5, 2011 by Kevin Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars What If We Were Real Review
I loved Mandisa's 'Stronger' and 'Good Morning' singles. It was the reason I considered purchasing this album. Mandisa is a great christian pop artist and is a good alternative to secular pop music. However, her album was fairly average. It takes some listening to the songs before actually feeling the rhythm.
Published on September 19, 2012 by revolutionary

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandisa [What If We Were Real], April 5, 2011
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
Mandisa continues to be a voice of encouragement and truth to women facing life's challenges. She returns with her new album What If We Were Real on April 5th. Featuring the new single "Stronger," the album's theme centers around the masks that each of us wear every day. Mandisa shares that her new record is "all about taking the masks off, and really letting the world see that we as Christians, It doesn't mean we don't go through difficult times, doesn't mean that things are always great in our lives. It simply means we have a relationship with the Savior who is able to bring us joy and peace in the middle of our difficult times." I've been married for 16 years and have 3 young daughters and this entire album really ministers to me and my family. The opening songs, "Stronger" and "What If We Were Real" are very upbeat and catchy songs and Mandisa is a surefire GMA Dove Award nominee for female vocalist. I can't get enough of the worshipful chorus of "Stronger," "When the waves are taking you under, Hold on just a little bit longer, He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger, The pain ain't gonna last forever, And things can only get better." "The Truth About Me" and "Say Goodbye" are both very vulnerable songs about accepting God's grace and forgiveness in the face of self-doubt.

Perhaps the stand-out moment of this very solid album happens next with the ultra-catchy song, "Good Morning," which features TobyMac. This is a surefire hit song in any music format. I don't listen to much R&B-style music, as I'm more of a rock, contemporary and worship music listener, however the beats on this album are so engaging, this album is already in heavy rotation for me. "Good Morning" is so hook-filled and fun, I could literally daily listen to the fun chorus, "It's a good morning, wake up to a brand new day...You give me the strength that's just what I need, I can feel the hope that's rising up in me." The end of the song is just brilliant with Toby singing, "top of the morning to you, `disa" over the top of Mandisa's hooky chorus. If you're looking for a new faith-based work-out song, look no further than this gem.

"Waiting For Tomorrow" is another fun and worshipful song, with Mandisa belting out, "thank You Jesus...I can't live my whole life wasting the grace that You've given, everyday's a day to start over, why am I waiting for tomorrow?" "Temporary Fills" is another highlight with the dance rock beat, and the inspiring chorus, "No more temporary fills, I want a love that's real, take everything I have and fill me up inside, I'm done looking for the quick fix, Jesus You are all I need." That theme continues with the gorgeous closing song, "Lifeline." The album ends like it starts with another personal declaration and prayer, "You are my lifeline, You are my rescue, The strength in my weakness, the light in my darkness, You are my safety, lifter of my head...You are my lifeline."

CLOSING THOUGHTS
Mandisa is a great role model for girls struggling with identity issues and has a great platform from her success on American Idol and GRAMMY and GMA Dove Award nominations. This album is loaded with positive grace-filled messages of hope from someone who has struggled with the pressures of life and understands that true happiness only comes from her relationship with God. Don't miss out on one of the most upbeat and fun albums of the year. You'll won't be able to help but dance and sing along with the stand-out songs, "Stronger," "The Truth About Me," "Waiting For Tomorrow," "Temporary Fills" and the ultra-catchy, "Good Morning," which features TobyMac.

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast for the spirit - from the Spirit., April 28, 2011
If you do not know the difference between being "Religious" and "Spiritual" this review probably will mean little to you; as you can be religious about anything, however, true spiritually depends upon a relationship. If you are looking for food to nourish your soul, look no further than Mandisa's album, "What If It Were Real". You will be hard pressed to hear more edifying sermons that will bless the soul than what is presented within the messages of the powerfully anointed and uplifting (both in lyrics and performance) songs found within "What If It Were Real".

Far too many churches teach of a vengeful God: one just waiting to meat out punishment (a "Whack-a-Sinner God - similar to the arcade game "Whack-a-Mole"). Our enemy, the father of lies, deceives so many into believing that they are alone and unworthy of Yahweh's (God's) love, mercy, provision and power. However, My Father is seeking His precious and beloved lost children in order to restore them to His Family and Kingdom.

I highly recommend the purchase of not one, but at least two of these albums so you may have one on hand and one to share with those you find in need.

May Yahweh abundantly and continuly bless Mandiesa and the writers of these powerful and anointed songs, not only in her/their amazing talant, but also for her/their steadfast conviction and dedication to providing substance over "fluff" for the encouragement the Body of Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars I lost 100 lbs with the help of this CD, December 30, 2011
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
I cannot even express in words how powerful this CD really has been in my life. I listen to it every single day when I'm walking and it has gotten me from walking just next door and back all the way up to 4 miles. It gives me the hope and strength I need to refocus on what is most important. Every single song has a message. I would highly encourage you to visit Mandisa's official youtube page so you can watch videos she has made explaining the message behind each song. I can't even pick a favorite b/c each one is beautiful and meaningful in its own way. If you are struggling in your life then I believe you will find hope here. It is much more than just a music CD. It is something that will speak to your heart and renew your spirit. When I saw this go on sale today, I immediately gifted it to a friend who is going through her own personal struggle right now. This CD will take you on a journey and the more you listen to it, the more it will spur you on towards understanding God's love for you. I feel very grateful that I stumbled upon this CD although in reality I believe God led me to it at the right time when I really needed something to uplift me as I began my weight loss journey. I made a video of my weight loss journey using Mandisa's song "Waiting for Tomorrow" as the theme song. Mandisa actually saw the video and not only did she personally respond to it with an encouraging message but she posted it to her facebook page. I think that says a lot about who she is as a person. I believe she genuinely cares about making an impact in the world for God. If you want to see my video just go to my profile with the link to my blog and scroll down to "100 Pounds lost" blog entry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best album...yet., April 5, 2011
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. I love the edge she put to every song. This album is much different than "Freedom"...and better. My picks are: "Say Goodbye", "Good Morning" and the title track. But every song is amazing on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radiant, Encouraging, Inspirational, Fun!, May 14, 2011
P. Kingsriter "R.N. Guy" (Lakeville, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
This young lady has got some amazing vocal chops! In this, her most recent album to date, Mandisa takes it up a notch. What separates Mandisa from most other pop/R&B vocalists of today is her musicianship. She doesn't indulge in long, meaningless vocal vamp runs designed to show off one's ability to perform vocal gymnastics (see: Beyonce, et. al.). She hits her notes with both power and grace, but most of all, her vocal phrasing seems flawless. I can almost guarantee that her voice will give you goosebumps at some point in this album.

The songwriting and lyrics are also head and shoulders above the competition. Her songs are very real, vulnerable, practical, and encouraging. When was the last time you heard a song mention one's hatred for sit-ups, then turn that around and proclaim that nonetheless we can celebrate our difficult days? First track to last, this album is fun to listen to, musically current, excellently produced, and inspirational. If you've been a fan of Mandisa so far, this album will be a sure-fire hit for you. If you've yet to check out her work, this would be a highly recommended place to start.

Grade: A = Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best~, January 25, 2013
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
I love good music and have lots and lots of music in my collection. This cd is above the rest. I don't think I have ever had a cd touch me like this one has. Every song speaks to my heart. It is so full of "real stuff". Real feelings...feelings we sometimes don't talk about. I have purchased several of them to share with my daughters, granddaughters, and girlfriends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Morning!, January 23, 2013
Everyone should have a copy of this CD. Especially Good Morning with Toby Mack. It lifts your spirit and gets your mind up where it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandisa is a powerhouse, January 22, 2013
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
I have heard a number of Mandisa's songs on the radio and I'm refreshed to hear Christian songs that are clearly speaking about Jesus. The song Stronger is my mantra - knowing that God allows circumstances (good and bad) to grow our faith and trust in Him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Morning!, January 19, 2013
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
This is a great CD for praise and worship. It just lifts all of us up while we are listening. This is a great CD and well put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars This IS THE CD!!!, February 5, 2014
This review is from: What If We Were Real (Audio CD)
This CD is SOOO AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!! My best friend gave it to me for Christmas and trust me, it trumped all other gifts that I recieved hands down!! Every single track is going to bless your spirit and keep you rockin!! Sooo relatable and full of real life emotions. If I could, I'd bless every female, young and old with this one. I already brought six more to bless other friends and family and have about another six more to purchase. This CD is truly one of my favorite things. Mandisa definetly delivers from start to finish. AMEN!!!

What If We Were Real
What If We Were Real by Mandisa (Audio CD - 2011)