Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 4, 2011
The author is not only a journalist who writes for the food-intolerance-network, but also a patient who suffers from histamine intolerance and intestinal fructose intolerance (fructose malabsorbtion). Histamine Intolerance is not yet known very well in the States, so your doctor might not know how to deal with it! In Europe HIT is alread well known.

Over the course of 21 chapters, Genny Masterman describes her personal journey from the diagnosis through to her hard daily life. How do I shop for food, what do I have to watch out for when I go out to eat? How do I store my food? Many facts and well-researched information about HIT make this book a really recommended read.

The author has also put together some recipes. These are suitable for people with histamine intolerance and mostly also for those with fructose intolerance. The recipes have been tested personally by the author over a period of years, so they should work quite well.
on May 19, 2012
Genny, thank you for writing this book. I never leave home without it. Your book is my absolute guide for learning how to live with histamine intolerance. I live in America and the condition is unknown, and our doctors say there is no such thing as this condition. I have been ill and home-bound with histamine intolerance flare-up and have been unable to work for 2 months, I can attest that histamine intolerance is very real and can kill a person if not properly managed. A person with histamine intolerance must manage their histamine levels in the same way a diabetic must manage their blood sugar levels. I have been following a strict low-histamine diet, and have been taking diamine oxidase supplements in a brand called Histame. I realize supplemental diamine oxidase is not the cure, but it is helping lower my histamine levels and allowing me, along with the low-histamine diet, to function by at least getting myself to the grocery store, and my daughter to school, as I was very near to death. Thanks to your book, I had help to know how to help myself when I most desperately needed it. I have hope that I can live a near-normal life again by adhering to the strict low-histamine diet.
on January 18, 2014
Genny Masterman says that Histamine Intolerance is a collection of reactions to food. Unlike allergies, which usually cause rashes, this syndrome can lead to migraines and general feeling of discomfort. The author places the source of trouble on foods like cheese, wine, vinegar, and salamis. Her reason is simple; these foods rely on fermentation, and that creates bacteria and the chemicals they generate.

Masterman suggests throwing away anything that’s been in the refrigerator too long. That way the food will not ferment and trigger your histamine intolerance. Poultry should be bought fresh and cooked soon. Meat you can leave in the refrigerator longer because it decays slower, but when eating cured meat, you may have a problem.

It seems that much of the histamine problem has to do with all the other health issues that plague Americans, British, and Europeans today. We’ve come to rely on processed foods that are full of sodium, and that doesn’t help, regardless of your health. Things like cheese and bread are staples, and since they rely on fermentation in some way or another, it can be a problem.
on February 1, 2013
Highly recommend for anyone with food sensitivities or allergies. Information is well-presented. Good primers for anyone dealing with these issues, or who suspects they may have them as an underlying factor in health matters.
on September 10, 2013
Too much personal information for me. It does contain some very helpful information. I was looking for something short, informative and simple, as I am trying to solve my own situation.
on August 5, 2012
I could not imagine how I am going to live with HIT. After reading this book I have discovered that is's possible to be without problems with histamine.Discipline and patience.
on July 24, 2013
This book was very insightful. I read it cover to cover and followed the food recommendations. It really has stopped the daily headaches I was experiencing. I found the book the by chance and wanted to give it a try. I suffered with migraines for five years, at first the meds helped but they stopped working. The food allergy was the key, I don't think alot of people would believe it but the food were giving me headaches. I am a believer and so glad I bought the book. Hope this helps you.
on March 20, 2013
Awesome resource in understandable language! Great recipes, lists and referrals included. This puts all of the online info in one spot.
on April 19, 2015
I am trying to get a hold on a 'food issue' and believe this book describes my problem. I had started a list of foods causing me trouble before receiving this book and this definitely helped me to explain it to my Primary Care Doctor.
on September 18, 2013
The book is very good. I could understand better about histamine intolerance. In my country, Brazil, no physicians or nutritionists have heard about this intolerance. So, I didn't know which exams I could take to find out if I'm intolerant.