5.0 out of 5 stars Mom loved it!
Published 17 months ago by Rachel C

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected.
While it arrived pretty promptly, this book wasn't what I expected. I was thinking that every page would be a unique question for me to answer, when instead, some pages were for pictures, some I had to draw on, and some questions had multiple pages for answering.
I also wasn't a fan of the fact that I COULDN'T answer a couple of questions, because they were about...
Published 5 months ago by Sherrie-Lee Chiarot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom loved it!, June 7, 2013
Rachel C (Glendale, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
Okay, so for the person purchasing this, be informed that it will take a while to fill this whole book out! But believe me, it will be worth it...my mom was absolutely thrilled to get this for mother's day. She pored over every page and, since it was a group gift that each kid (ranging in age from 18-38) in my family picked up and filled out on their own copy of, she had so many memories and pictures nicely compiled. It took me an entire rainy day to fill it out properly but it was so, so worth it. It works for sons and daughters and there are even a few entries that apply if you are now a parent yourself (but not so many that it throws of the tone of the book/feels awkward if you don't have kids yet.) The fact that it's a nice hardcover makes it seem more suitable as a gift and not cheaply made. Take your time, enjoy finding some photos, mementos, and memories to fill it with, and you'll have really nice, personal gift for a mom in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Gift Ever, May 22, 2013
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
My 28-year-old son gave me this book for Mother's Day this year, but it could also have been for my birthday, or just because he wanted to share his feelings with me. But, it was certainly the best gift I had ever received from my son. He filled it out with such care, trying to get to the essence of his feelings, with both love and humor. He added photos of both of us together, when he was young and when he was older, and he even made some creative and humorous artwork on some of the pages. He told me that the questions and prompts in the book took him in many directions, all of which led him to a new and deeper understanding of our relationship, helping him to better express himself. He said, "I never would have thought to say some of the things that the prompting questions suggested." If my mother were still alive today, I would buy this book, fill it with my thoughts, and give it to her 'in a heartbeat' for any occasion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankful mother!, April 14, 2013
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
One of my grown children sent me this book chock full of reminiscences that evoke even more memories. Lots of food for thought. Good "prompts" elevate this way above my expectations for a "fill-in-the-blank" book. It's fun to read (and I think also to do) and something to cherish for many years. Who knows you better than your own child?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift for Moms :), April 11, 2013
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
I really love the entire idea of this journal. It has a simple, colorful hardback cover, and the pages have great prompts. From early childhood, to adulthood, there is always something to write about. The prompts are really heartfelt and meaningful. I love that there is also space for pictures, drawings or anything else you would like to add such as tickets to an event, receipts, cards and so on. I think every daughter should fill out and give their mother this book. It is a priceless gift for any occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to show your mom some love., March 19, 2014
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
This was a perfect gift for my moms birthday. At 35 I wanted to pay tribute to her with something personal and this gave me a much needed foundation.

5.0 out of 5 stars a mother's day card my mom won't forget ...ever, April 10, 2013
Gary Crandall (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
"What I Love About You Mom" is a great idea for sending a beautiful, deeply personal and organized Mother's Day card to one's mom. You can fill in the memory queries that are most relevant for you personally and forgo any that aren't. It does take some time and thought. But I found that the memories it extracted from my mind probably made me as happy as it will my mom. I'm sure my my mom won't forget this...as we both won't forget the relationship it honors.
Thanks for this wonderful way to say "I love you Mom"!

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect mother's day gift..., March 30, 2013
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
I thought this was an extremely neat book/project, which forces you to take a long look at your childhood and really realize just how much your mother HAS done for you that you take for granted. (It gets kind of hard after a while, like a school assignment, but I think it's gonna be worth it to present to mine on mother's day, so I'm glad that I won this on the goodreads giveaway. So, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awseome., April 26, 2014
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
A great mother's day gift for anyone who wants to show their mother how much they mean to you. A little work to fill it but worthwhile when it's finished!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, March 23, 2014
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
I'm only 20 years old so it's a little difficult for me. I can't remember some stuff from when I was little and my mom and I just got close about 4 years back. I do love that in the beginning it even says that if some pages are left empty, it's because I am imperfect not my mom. I will have a few empty pages. But overall it's a super sweet gift, I got the spouse one for my fiancé and she absolutely loved that one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book, January 8, 2014
This review is from: What I Love About You, Mom (Hardcover)
Bought this now for my mother for mother's day. It's a truly wonderful little book that offers 1000 ways to tell her how much you love her and thank her for all she had done. Can't wait to give it to my amazing mother.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

What I Love About You, Mom
What I Love About You, Mom by David Marshall (Hardcover - March 26, 2013)
$14.00 $10.00